Oh, what the heck.. THE OFFICIAL STEELERS @ RAVENS GAMETHREAD

[quote name='Whodonkeys' date='30 November 2009 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1259555289' post='834680']
STeelers will win again because of that fuckup. LUCKY ASS. Why are they in shotgun? Just spike the ball.
[/quote]

they wanted to get a few more yards for the kick, if they spike it's 4th down.

Hindsight though he would have made the kick from the spot

[quote name='Oldcat' date='30 November 2009 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1259555404' post='834691']
No need to pass at all - they were within range right then just throw it down to stop the clock
[/quote]

It would have been a long 50 yarder from there. They had plenty of time to get another play and more yards to make it closer. I don't disagree with the decision. It's easy to bash the decision after the fact. And Rice didn't pick up the blitz, Flacco was sacked immediately, no chance.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' date='29 November 2009 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1259555421' post='834692']
After Dixons gift to Webb, methinks it's all handoffs and screen passes for Pitt
[/quote]

The Ravens nearly picked off his first screen in the opening drive of the game.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='30 November 2009 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1259555404' post='834691']
No need to pass at all - they were within range right then just throw it down to stop the clock
[/quote]

Eh it would have been a 52 yarder, which would have been very close based off that last kick.

Shoulda tried to get a few more yards then kicked it...unfortunately Ray rice decided not to block his guy.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' date='29 November 2009 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1259555507' post='834695']
It would have been a long 50 yarder from there. They had plenty of time to get another play and more yards to make it closer. I don't disagree with the decision. It's easy to bash the decision after the fact. And Rice didn't pick up the blitz, Flacco was sacked immediately, no chance.
[/quote]

Apparently not, because they aren't the Bengals but are the frickin Ravens Offense.

I bashed it as it was happening, even before the fumble

[quote name='Oldcat' date='30 November 2009 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1259555578' post='834699']
Apparently not, because they aren't the Bengals but are the frickin Ravens Offense.

I bashed it as it was happening, even before the fumble
[/quote]

Ok. I agree with what they did. If they block right and get a short completion they're attempting an easier 40-45 yarder nobody questions anything

Archived