Minutemen

Guest bengaljet

Guest bengaljet
American volunteers patrolling our SW Border to Mexico. With 10,000 illegals crossing our border EVERYDAY-these volunteers did their best to stop them.Are they Patriots or Vigilantes? Your thoughts and why?

Guest BadassBengal
Patriots. I say they cap every one of those dirty mofos who cross the fuggin border. Hell 2 da fuckin yea.

WOOT WOOT

Guest #22
[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 2 2005, 10:52 PM']Patriots. I say they cap every one of those dirty mofos who cross the fuggin border. Hell 2 da fuckin yea.

WOOT WOOT
[right][post="87297"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Says the retarded 15 year old...

It's a tough issue because part of the American economy is driven by immigration. The U.S. needs immigrants to work for low wages and do jobs that Americans won't do. The problem is one of economics. As long as a Mexican (or any other immigrant) can earn roughly in one hour in the U.S. what he will earn in his own country it will not stop. These people are not "terrorists" as some of the Minutemen would like people to believe. I think it is dangerous pretty much giving mercenaries authority to secure a border without any vigilance. This is a problem in which the blame lies on both sides of the border. The Mexican and U.S. government have to iron out a reasonable immigration policy that would be beneficial to all three parties, the U.S., Mexico, and the immigrants.

I saw Jorge Ramos on Tavis Smiley the other day and he pretty much shared the same sentiments (one that I have felt for years). Coming from an immigrant family, which we ALL do (unless you are Native American), the issue strikes close to home. I cannot sit here and condemn people looking for a better life for their families, when my family did the same.

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 2 2005, 10:52 PM']Patriots. I say they cap every one of those dirty mofos who cross the fuggin border. Hell 2 da fuckin yea.

WOOT WOOT
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]
jerkoff

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 2 2005, 09:52 PM']Patriots. I say they cap every one of those dirty mofos who cross the fuggin border. Hell 2 da fuckin yea.

WOOT WOOT

your pathetic

Guest #22
Holy crap, I thought I'd get chased out of here for that. Viva La Solidarity.

But anyway, we have three choices here.
A.) We continue to allow illegal immigration (b/c we are ALLOWING it right now), bolstering the economy and keeping the Agriculture "industry" solvent.
B.) We close down the borders, meaning that our workforce quickly ages and dies off. As well, our already struggling agricultural infrastructure would be absolutely destroyed, meaning that we would rely 100% on foreign food. That alone would destroy the power of this nation.
C.) We do the rational, painful thing and improve our infrastructure and Mexico's both (since that is where we get about 1/4 of our oil).

[quote name='#22' date='May 3 2005, 12:01 AM']Holy crap, I thought I'd get chased out of here for that. Viva La Solidarity.

But anyway, we have three choices here.
A.) We continue to allow illegal immigration (b/c we are ALLOWING it right now), bolstering the economy and keeping the Agriculture "industry" solvent.
B.) We close down the borders, meaning that our workforce quickly ages and dies off. As well, our already struggling agricultural infrastructure would be absolutely destroyed, meaning that we would rely 100% on foreign food. That alone would destroy the power of this nation.
C.) We do the rational, painful thing and improve our infrastructure and Mexico's both (since that is where we get about 1/4 of our oil).
[right][post="87359"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img] Great Post!!!
What we have to do is read between the lines. Politicians may talk a good game on either side of the coin, but we have to see what really drives this. Most of what the politicians say is done to appease their constituents, because we all hear what they say but rarely follow up what they do (unless an opponent brings it up, none will however unless they have taken some action on it). There are forces driving this issue much bigger than "illegals are taking my $3.00 an hour tomato picking job". Like the saying goes "Good fences make good neighbors", the U.S. and Mexico are constantly making tradeoffs to keep each country going because like it or not they are somewhat dependent of each other (one maybe more than another but still dependent).

Guest #22
Excellent points.

The real problem in American politics (and in our way of life, for that matter), is as simple as this: People never concern themselves with the longter.
Every problem that we are having right now stems from a direct result of somebody not looking ahead.

P.S. Watching Leno kiss that Bright Eyes boy's ass on TV to please his idiotic constituency is hilarious, considering the boy just sang about what a dick the president is.

Guest BlackJesus
[b]other view[/b]

[img]http://www.caglecartoons.com/images/preview/{CCC8682F-E6EB-4B2F-B141-0C5F3F3CF5AD}.gif[/img]

Guest BlackJesus

[color="red"][i]Who the Hell do these spanish speaking Mexicanos who share genetic relation to the actual native americans who were here first think they are trying to recolonize the land that the US government took from Spain... :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: [/color][/i]

:blink:

[img]http://homepage.univie.ac.at/kurt.mayer/graphics/MexWarl.jpg[/img]

thats outside of the point, everyone shares genetic relations in the long-run, it all depends on what scale u examine the subjects, but as for the common scale... we now own the land (and we do not exercise an open-door policy), thats all that matters

Guest BlackJesus
[i][color="green"]I guess as soon as I see some teenage white kids picking strawberries for 9 hours a day I will get more riled up about Illegal Mexicans....

I Don't bite the hand that picks my food .....[/color]
[/i]

Guest BlackJesus
[b]Now tracking the borders is different from closing them... I think we should make our system of worker permits and migration much easier so that they don't have to sneak across. As long as these potential worker go through the steps to make sure they aren't convicted criminals or people we are looking for, then I don't see why we should deny them entry on a work program [/b]

What if they would have closed the borders before our families immigrated here?

I believe its a hipocrisy to think that it was right when your family immigrated from Ireland, Italy, France, Germany, Etc. but wrong for someone else!

I believe we need for some control on the situation though

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='May 3 2005, 04:23 AM'][b]Now tracking the borders is different from closing them... I think we should make our system of worker permits and migration much easier so that they don't have to sneak across.  As long as these potential worker go through the steps to make sure they aren't convicted criminals or people we are looking for, then I don't see why we should deny them entry on a work program [/b]
[right][post="87422"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Exactly, which is where the two governments need to come together. There is no need for people to die crossing the desert or for jerkoffs with rifles to patrol our borders. I would like to know where these people work that they have time to go out there and patrol?

Straight from the Minutemen website:
[url="http://www.minutemanproject.com/AboutMMP.html"]Minutemen Project[/url]

[quote]WELCOME

The Minuteman Project is a grassroots effort to bring Americans to the defense of their homeland, similar to the way the original Minutemen from Massachusetts (and other U. S. colonies) did in the late 1700s.  Like them, we want to bring to this effort only what few personal possessions we can carry...plus our heart, mind and spirit. 
This call for volunteers is not a call to arms, but a call to voices seeking a peaceful and respectable resolve to the chaotic neglect by members of our local, state and federal governments charged with applying U.S. immigration law.
It is a call to peacefully assemble at the Arizona-Mexico border to bring national awareness to the decades-long careless disregard of effective U.S. immigration law enforcement. [b] [color="red"]It is a reminder to Americans that our nation was founded as a nation governed by the "rule of law", not by the whims of mobs of ILLEGAL aliens who endlessly stream across U.S. borders ( :crazy: history lesson anyone???)[/color].[/b]
Accordingly, the men and women volunteering for this mission are those who are willing to sacrifice their time, and the comforts of a cozy home, to muster for something much more important than acquiring more "toys" to play with [b][color="red"]while their nation is devoured and plundered by the menace of tens of millions of invading illegal aliens [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//13.gif[/img] [/color].[/b] 
Future generations will inherit a tangle of rancorous, unassimilated, squabbling cultures with no common bond to hold them together, and a certain guarantee of the death of this nation as a harmonious "melting pot."

The result:  political, economic and social mayhem.
[b][color="red"]Historians will write about how a lax America let its unique and coveted form of government and society sink into a quagmire of mutual acrimony among the various sub-nations that will comprise the new self-destructing America. ( [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//13.gif[/img]   HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!!)[/color][/b][/quote]

They also have a neat little disclaimer: [quote]The Minuteman Project has no affiliation with, nor will we accept any assistance by or interference from separatists, racists or supremacy groups or individuals, no matter what their race, color, or creed.[/quote]

Archived