UC BCS hopes discussion

bgwilly31

So go nebraska! lol I hate texas anyhow so this will be easy. Ive heard its a far stretched hope unfortunately.

But nebraska win or lose Let's discuss why you think UC will get screwed or why you think UC will get the notice they deserve.

IMO It pisses me off TCU is even ranked aboved us anyhow. Since when have you heard of passing the "Eye Test" It's always been who you have played and how you played them. Facts are UC has played much better competition. It's just a fact. Who gives a shit about an eye test. Everybodies eye sees different.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='05 December 2009 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1260062636' post='837008']
it should be sugar bowl vs Florida unless we jump TCU and Texas loses.
[/quote]
UC should jump TCU anyway simply due to strength of schedule, and play Florida if Texas wins, or Alabama for all the marbles if Nebraska wins.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='05 December 2009 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1260064092' post='837017']
i have no clue where the fuck TCU came from, and never understood why they are ranked a head of us!
[/quote]
Me either. They are ranked too high for a traditionally mediocre program that beats up on sorry-assed opponents.

TCU's schedule is not significantly weaker than UC at all (prior to the Pitt game),see link below. Plus TCU's average margin of victory is 28.25 points per game, UC's is 19.08.

http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='06 December 2009 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1260076819' post='837071']
so what happens now, who do we play ?
[/quote]
I imagine Florida, with the slim hope of playing Bama, which I very seriously doubt. Damn, if that field goal would have gone right, that would have sent the BCS system into havoc.

I think we end up jumping TCU and getting Florida. Tough task, but man I wish it were Bama.

Putting the kickoff out of bounds there is simply unfathomable. I expected much better, even from Kyle Larson's heir.

It would have been something else to see UC in a national championship game - would have done wonders for their recruiting as well. This situation does allow UC the best chance to finish undefeated, though, whatever that's worth.

[quote name='JC' date='06 December 2009 - 01:23 AM' timestamp='1260077011' post='837073']
I imagine Florida, [b]with the slim hope of playing Bama, which I very seriously doubt. [/b]Damn, if that field goal would have gone right, that would have sent the BCS system into havoc.

I think we end up jumping TCU and getting Florida. Tough task, but man I wish it were Bama.
[/quote]

not a chance in hell they jump Texas.

As I said in the other thread, it would be cool for UC to make it to the title game, but Alabama would embarrass them.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='06 December 2009 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1260142486' post='837842']
not a chance in hell they jump Texas.

As I said in the other thread, it would be cool for UC to make it to the title game, but Alabama would embarrass them.
[/quote]

Like they did Utah last year?

Archived