Pete Carol leaving USC?

Jason

Looks like at this point it is just a formality of the Seahawks interviewing a minority candidate to meet the Rooney rule...

As I was listening yesterday it sounded like they wanted to have something resolved by Monday (tomorrow). As USC's recruiting class apparently is getting hammered right now... and Seattle needs to firm up their staff to start preparing offseason personnel charts, etc.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='12 January 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1263348247' post='856763']
Not that anyone particularly cares here... but Kiffin resigned this evening to take the head coaching job at USC...

[url="http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14174968"]The Lane Train to USC[/url]
[/quote]
I've never understood the Kiffen hype. Has he ever been the head coach of a good team?

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='12 January 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1263348545' post='856764']
I've never understood the Kiffen hype. Has he ever been the head coach of a good team?
[/quote]

I was never a fan of his... even when he was here. I will give him credit that he's a good recruiter - don't know about coach. But, he runs his mouth too much for a guy that has his share of f$%ck ups... and often times he just looked like a joke. Calling out Meyer and Spurrier - only to find that what he said was inaccurate. Then, the exact thing he accused one of them for - we find out he did... Hello - anyone home?!

His character is worthless - but that is expected with a lot of these coaches anymore.

The only thing that bothers me about this whole deal is that Monte Kiffin is a legend as a DC and this starts to make him look bad as he's almost a sideshow now. Wherever Lane goes Monte follows!!

I don't blame anyone if they feel like they're bettering themselves or their situation. Him leaving doesn't bother me at all - I just really never cared for the guy.

[quote name='The Scales' date='14 January 2010 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1263518714' post='857223']
He still won't beat Florida.
[/quote]

:drinks:

I'll be shocked if he ever makes a national championship game. USC is already under serious investigation and with some of the stuff I've heard in the last day or so... with Ed Orgeron it is just a matter of time before they'll commit even further "major" violations and be on pretty heavy NCAA limitation. The fact that Chow didn't go to be their OC - he'll have to get someone big time because I just don't think he's a very good X's and O's coach. Great recruiter - but he needs someone to handle each side of the ball. His dad Monte on defense, but he needs to land a really good OC...

Archived