Marvin on missed FGs: "It killed us"

[quote name='BengalSIS' date='12 January 2010 - 03:54 AM' timestamp='1263264846' post='856378']
Shayne knows what this game did to his rep, and to the team. He knows he let people down, including himself. He also knows he's better than that. And that he let himself lose focus. It happens to the best, and it'll be how he responds to this that determines where he goes from here.

If I know my brother, he'll be itchin for the chance to redeem himself, and such a game winning situation is what he'll sprint towards, instead of run from.

I hope he gets that chance somewhere.
[/quote]

That almost makes me want him back. almost.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='11 January 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1263267921' post='856406']
There's no doubt its a concern, as well as me being forgiving of Coles for basically ruining an awesome return by Scott. We were on the goddamn 30 of the Jets and we should have scored on that opening drive. What a squandered opportunity, most of which was on Carson. Yes, Coles fumbled, but he made himself nine feet tall to try to grab the errant overthrow that Palmer gave him. E for effort, F for execution...on both guys.
[/quote]
Coles was trying so hard for the 1st because he figured Shayne would miss it. :ninja:

okay, sorry, that was in bad taste. I would agree about coles, but if you watch his next catch in the game, he did the same damn thing. Bone headed play by a vet in my opinion.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='12 January 2010 - 08:58 AM' timestamp='1263304726' post='856480']
IMO Coles doesn't fumble that if its a better pass. He got it stripped while trying to bring it down. A lower throw and we get points out of that drive (assuming Shayne makes the kick :ninja:)
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but Cole's doesn't fumble if he tucks the ball away. He Held it in his hands instead of putting the loaf away. He also did it the next time he caught the ball as well, and I thought he was going to fumble it again. catch ball with hands, put it away, then try to get first down. Hell, I could have stripped that ball if my crippled ass knees would let me run worth a shit.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='11 January 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1263267178' post='856398']
Is there any way Shayne could text Marvin Sam Swank's number...just in case?
[/quote]

i realize this is a joke, but Swank is a Giant now. Nick Folk is a FA, but he brings a lot of question marks.

[quote name='gatorclaws' date='12 January 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1263351645' post='856770']
i realize this is a joke, but Swank is a Giant now. Nick Folk is a FA, but he brings a lot of question marks.
[/quote]

Id give Nick Folk a shot, he has all the talent for a kicker, but he just got it in his head in Dallas, similar to Rackers in Cincinnati.

Once people start calling for your head you think you have to make every kick and then you probably end up over thinking it and miss.

I think he could be really good with a change of scenery. Bring him in for a look at least.

EDIT: Although he is worse then Shayne at Kickoffs I believe, so some people around here wouldnt like that...

[quote name='kennethmw' date='12 January 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1263350514' post='856768']
I'm sorry, but Cole's doesn't fumble if he tucks the ball away. He Held it in his hands instead of putting the loaf away. He also did it the next time he caught the ball as well, and I thought he was going to fumble it again. catch ball with hands, put it away, then try to get first down. Hell, I could have stripped that ball if my crippled ass knees would let me run worth a shit.
[/quote]

he fumbled it while trying to put it away (which is why they challenged it). :shrug: It was a bad pass. If Carson hits him anywhere near the numbers, he doesn't fumble.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='13 January 2010 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1263392207' post='856837']
he fumbled it while trying to put it away (which is why they challenged it). :shrug: It was a bad pass. If Carson hits him anywhere near the numbers, he doesn't fumble.
[/quote]

I'll just have to disagree with you on this one. He appeared to catch it, realize he wasn't far enough for the first down, and tried to put the ball over the line instead of putting it away and getting his body over the line with the ball. I don't fault the effort, I fault the result.
By the way, I'm not saying Carson wasn't culpable for part of it. Had the ball been lower, he would have been on the other side of the first down Marker and he could have tucked it and fallen straight down, instead of having to try to get the first down.

Archived