Elizabeth Warren knocks it out of the park!!!

Jamie_B

It takes two to tango. I'm surprised that the dems aren't owning the stubbornness on Obama's side. The republicans are being blamed for not buckling. The reps won't give Obama what he wants so they are accused of being difficult. They are holding America hostage because they won't give Obama whatever he wants.

It's like when a pro athlete tells the fans to blame the owners for him not being signed. Even if he is asking for a ridiculous amount of money.

Uh what Obama wants? The whole shutdown was about defunding or repealing all together Obamacare. You have a strange idea that this had anything to do with "what Obama wants"

It was a temper tantrum put on by Ted Cruz

Obama still didn't get anything done when he had the house and senate. The stuff that he blames the reps for obstructing is the same stuff he couldn't push through when the dems had full power.

I agree, and I blame the Blue Dog, Conservative Democrats for this. This is something I have had issues with for a while, Democrats can never get on the same page. I will at least give Rs credit for being able to get together an aligned front even if their policies are destructive to the nation. Democrats can never seem to get an aligned front when they get power.

How cute, that's all you got on her huh? That she believed what her mother told her about her heritage. I cant imagine why she shouldn't believe her mother.

Of course not. There's plenty more. Mostly related to her being as liberal as Obama.

I agree, and I blame the Blue Dog, Conservative Democrats for this. This is something I have had issues with for a while, Democrats can never get on the same page. I will at least give Rs credit for being able to get together an aligned front even if their policies are destructive to the nation. Democrats can never seem to get an aligned front when they get power.

I disagree on the alignment. Dems always back their own. They were fortunately just too disorganized to push stuff through.

And you haven't noticed the tea party reps against the old school reps battle? Most libs seem to think that all reps are teabaggers. Some actually think that the tea party is a political party. If you were to complain about Boehner, at least half of conservatives would say no shit.

I disagree on the alignment. Dems always back their own. They were fortunately just too disorganized to push stuff through.

And you haven't noticed the tea party reps against the old school reps battle? Most libs seem to think that all reps are teabaggers. Some actually think that the tea party is a political party. If you were to complain about Boehner, at least half of conservatives would say no shit.

No they dont, if they did we would have a single payer healthcare system rather than Obamacare, because as you said they had control of both houses.

Oh I noticed, but when push comes to shove and it's time to vote you can count on the Rs to have lined up lockstep.

Heres why I think republicans in Govt are just plain a holes. Something like marriage equality is pretty obvious, every able bodied adult should be able to marry anyone they choose. Dems know that, Repubs know that, my dog knows that. Repubs dont care if gays can marry or not. They just know if they stand their ground, then compromise that the Dems will have to give something up on the other side. I truly think they don't care about people. They just care about themselves, getting re-elected and how they can make money.  So repubs, and Dems I guess, just fight over ridiculous things so they can get the things they actually want. 

Bullshit, that is all.

Fuck studies. I'm talking about real life. Here's the problem. Raising minimum wage in the manner people are doing kills the small business. The people who employ about 2 to 10 people. It hurts them, I know from experience, with real people, that affects my quality of life as well. No, I don't have some fancy article to post from whichever biased source I want to pick from.

Here's my thoughts. Minimum wage employees shop at Walmart. They eat at McDonald's. They don't go to the establishments that suffer the most from paying their employees a little bit more.

Anyway, I actually came on here to see who blames white Americans for the attacks in France. I was pissed about that whole ordeal, and took it out on this silly thread.

Fuck studies. I'm talking about real life. Here's the problem. Raising minimum wage in the manner people are doing kills the small business. The people who employ about 2 to 10 people. It hurts them, I know from experience, with real people, that affects my quality of life as well. No, I don't have some fancy article to post from whichever biased source I want to pick from.

Here's my thoughts. Minimum wage employees shop at Walmart. They eat at McDonald's. They don't go to the establishments that suffer the most from paying their employees a little bit more.

Anyway, I actually came on here to see who blames white Americans for the attacks in France. I was pissed about that whole ordeal, and took it out on this silly thread.

And they shop at Walmart because they can't afford otherwise, oh and they are on government assistance despite having a full time job

But I digress....

• 2 weeks later...
I keep coming in here hoping there is an article saying she is running for president.

I find it beyond me how people can't agree with what she says.... It seems like common sense to me. I have yet to find anything that she believes that I disagree with...

Truthfully, if she runs it will be the first time in my life that I won't feel like I am voting for the lesser of two evils... She will also be only the second Dem I have ever voted for president.

I keep coming in here hoping there is an article saying she is running for president.

I find it beyond me how people can't agree with what she says.... It seems like common sense to me. I have yet to find anything that she believes that I disagree with...

Truthfully, if she runs it will be the first time in my life that I won't feel like I am voting for the lesser of two evils... She will also be only the second Dem I have ever voted for president.

If she runs it will be the first time I get out and stump for someone

http://news.yahoo.com/orrin-hatch-is-the-happiest-senator-in-washington-230742347.html

just putting the Warren stuff in here, there is more i the article about other things....

Were you surprised that Elizabeth Warren showed up at your reception the other day?

No.

Why’d she come?

We’ve become friends. I think she would like to have a relationship with me like Kennedy had. I like her. I think she’s a very bright woman. She’s certainly playing the media in a beautiful way.

How did you become friends?

Well, I think she recognized me as somebody who does do things around here, and we’ve had some nice chats, and she’s open to good ideas. That’s all I can ask of anybody. I think she’s an attractive person. She’s soft-spoken, but she’s capable of saying all the right left-wing things, and I give her credit for that.

But you think she can attract left-wing support and yet still be a compromiser?

We’ll see. I’m willing to work with her. There are a couple things we’re working on — I can’t go into what they are right now, but we’ll see. I’d like to see her become the new Kennedy if she can.

I don’t think she seems to be preparing to run for president. There’s no indication of it.

Well, she may not have any control over that.

Yep. Another idol we can all follow blindingly. I'm sure that'll end well. They always do.

Well seeing as I know a good bit about her (clearly more than you do), I'm hardly following blindingly, nor do I consider her an idol, so much as someone who is on the right side of history.

You have such intellectual prowess in this thread (and others), your well thought out ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Well seeing as I know a good bit about her (clearly more than you do), I'm hardly following blindingly, nor do I consider her an idol, so much as someone who is on the right side of history.

You have such intellectual prowess in this thread (and others), your well thought out ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

How old are you? I would figure someone posting on this board is already too old for fairytales. But good luck aligning on the "right side of history". The rest of us will be over here in reality where those such as Sheldon Silver reside.

How old are you? There is a treasure trove of well thought out reasoned responses to why folks like her in this 8 page thread and your response boiled down to "she's a politician" and then tried to align Silver with her which in and of itself is nonsense. You literally bring nothing to the table in this thread (and others). I would like to think the synapses in your brain are capable of firing, I just haven't seen that yet.

God I miss BengalRick, at least he was a conservative who could have reasonable discussions about things, instead of tripe like "she's a politician"

How old are you? There is a treasure trove of well thought out reasoned responses to why folks like her in this 8 page thread and your response boiled down to "she's a politician" and then tried to align Silver with her which in and of itself is nonsense. You literally bring nothing to the table in this thread (and others). I would like to think the synapses in your brain are capable of firing, I just haven't seen that yet.

God I miss BengalRick, at least he was a conservative who could have reasonable discussions about things, instead of tripe like "she's a politician"

Well thank you for the kind words! They mean a lot coming from someone whose hopes are riding on a politician. I'm not going to get into a back-and-forth with you because I work for a living and have limited time to post my responses. You know about people who work, don't you? We are those people who pay for the things politicans like Warren propose. I've been down this road with you before. You post studies from left-wing think tanks and expect everyone else to take it seriously. Do you not think people notice? So why waste out time? You post left wing studies, I post crap from CATO or Heritage and we end up in the same place. No thanks. Silver is just the latest on a never-ending list of people who go into politics for the power and the greed. Why would anyone else get into politics? But you go ahead and wait for Martha Washington to gain more power. I'll still be working to pay for the things she proposes.

Good day comrade!

Well thank you for the kind words! They mean a lot coming from someone whose hopes are riding on a politician. I'm not going to get into a back-and-forth with you because I work for a living and have limited time to post my responses. You know about people who work, don't you? We are those people who pay for the things politicans like Warren propose. I've been down this road with you before. You post studies from left-wing think tanks and expect everyone else to take it seriously. Do you not think people notice? So why waste out time? You post left wing studies, I post crap from CATO or Heritage and we end up in the same place. No thanks. Silver is just the latest on a never-ending list of people who go into politics for the power and the greed. Why would anyone else get into politics? But you go ahead and wait for Martha Washington to gain more power. I'll still be working to pay for the things she proposes.

Good day comrade!

:lol: Comrade.

Thank you for completely proving my point, re: your inability to give any kind of reasoned response to Warren other than "she's just another politician"

She of course, is not and anyone who knows anything about her can see this, but that might require some work on your part to know anything about her.... you know about work dont you?

:lol: Comrade.

Thank you for completely proving my point, re: your inability to give any kind of reasoned response to Warren other than "she's just another politician"

She of course, is not and anyone who knows anything about her can see this, but that might require some work on your part to know anything about her.... you know about work dont you?

Whatever you say man. Personally though, I saw all I needed to see from Warren when it came to the imp-exp bank. It only takes a second to spot a phony and her shadow casts long. I know you want to goad me in, but like I said, I've been down this road before with you and I simply don't have the time for it. If you want to spend your time posting studies from the CAP, be my guest. Actions speak louder than studies. I've seen Warren's and they seem counterintuitive to her populist persona. Doesn't matter though, most of us realized politicians are always policitians right after we drank our first beer.

Bottoms up comrade! May your risen Christ continue to deceive you.

But what do I know. I contribute nothing except my labor and my tax dollars that go to paying off the risk that politicans like Warren allow large corporations to pass onto the "little guy".

Archived