Elizabeth Warren knocks it out of the park!!!

Jamie_B

You'll bite? You're the one trying to goad me. Do you're own research man. You started an 8 page thread about this politician, you should know her stance on the horrendous imp-exp bank. If you don't, thats not my problem. She's like every other politician, talk the talk and bow down to special interests when no one is looking. Perhaps you should look further than Media Matters or the Daily Kos before anointing anyone though. 

I do know it. Im asking you your opinion on it. Not your opinion on her opinion on it.

Please. If you know what the imp-exp bank is good for and you know where she stands, its a joke. I don't need to explain further, just look at how that bank operates. She's a champion of the poor who supports corporate welfare. But don't worry, I'm sure she's never received money from any of the companies who utilize the bank. She's on the up-and-up after all.

Please. If you know what the imp-exp bank is good for and you know where she stands, its a joke. I don't need to explain further, just look at how that bank operates. She's a champion of the poor who supports corporate welfare. But don't worry, I'm sure she's never received money from any of the companies who utilize the bank. She's on the up-and-up after all.

Just gonna put this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0VcaUbuWaw

Yes, Hochburg says they are going to do a better job of actually loaning to small-businesses. I'm glad she'll take his word at face value. After 80 years of cronyism, corruption, kickbacks, etc., the exp-imp bank's word means a lot. As long as those contributions keep coming from corporate america, you can bet Warren will still be supporting this fraud of a bank, all while pretending to care about how awful it really is.

What makes you think she takes him at face value?

“Senator Warren believes that the Export-Import Bank helps create American jobs and spur economic growth, but recognizes that there is room for improvement in the bank’s operations,” Warren spokesman Lacey Rose tells us in an e-mail. “She looks forward to reviewing re-authorization legislation if and when it is introduced.”

Because she said the above well after that waste-of-time hearing.What has changed since that hearing? Have the kickbacks & bribes stopped? I'm going to say no. Has the fraud bank started to actually loan to small businesses? Once again, no.  But I could sure as hell bet that the large coporations who continue to take free money with no risk from it are continuing to pay off certain politicians in exchange for the bank's reauthorization.

You realize she's only one person right? That those kinds of changes take a willing coalition?

You just don't get it, do you? She had a choice: support it or speak out against the high crimes and misdemeanors that go on in that fraud "bank". She chose to support. her choice, but she should live with the consequences of being known as a phony, no different from the rest of the POLITICIANS. She chose contributions over the "populace" that she so loves to pretend to defend. It doesn't take a willing coalition. It takes one. You yourself said she's not like every other politicain. She could have been the one to turn the tide on this issue and call for the disbandment of thes criminal enterprise known as the exp-imp bank. Instead, she  chose the cash.

Go ask your liberal icon Barney Frank what he thinks:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-can-use-export-import-bank-for-fundraising-says-former-banking-chairman-barney-frank/article/2551621?custom_click=rss

She's no different than Ted Cruz. Go look at Cruz's stance on immigration now, but his past statements about H1-B Visas. THEYRE ALL FRAUDS!!!

I've said my piece about the fraudster known as Elizabeth Warren. Enjoy your weekend comrade!

That's a ridiculous position. It's not a zero sum game. Recognizing the need for the institution while suggesting there is room to improve it, is a perfectly reasonable position.

This reminds me of the same arguments the "End the Fed" folks take. It's a tiresome position that isn't thought out as to the purposes of the institution.

Yes both institutions have their problems and those problems need to be addressed and fixed but disbandment? Come on, be serious.

Enjoy your weekend as well Mr. Mises

That's a ridiculous position. It's not a zero sum game. Recognizing the need for the institution while suggesting there is room to improve it, is a perfectly reasonable position.

This reminds me of the same arguments the "End the Fed" folks take. It's a tiresome position that isn't thought out as to the purposes of the institution.

Yes both institutions have their problems and those problems need to be addressed and fixed but disbandment? Come on, be serious.

Enjoy your weekend as well Mr. Mises

She gave no specifics as to how this "bank" should change and improve (i.e. not be a corrupt piggy-bank for corporoate america). I'm gonna guess, LIKE ALL OTHER POLITICIANS, she will condemn with rhetoric, then look the other way, and continue to rake in the contributions from those who take advantage of the corruption at this "bank".

• 2 weeks later...

They must not have contributed enough. Good thing the crooks who use the exp-imp bank have that taken care of.

I guess it's not enough that she has been taking on at least some of the bad guys on these things (something literally NO ONE esle has done). In order for you to be happy she needs to take them all on.....  At the same time?  Jeebus man, when would she sleep?  Should we tie her hands behind her back as well, or will just the blindfold be enough?

I guess it's not enough that she has been taking on at least some of the bad guys on these things (something literally NO ONE esle has done). In order for you to be happy she needs to take them all on.....  At the same time?  Jeebus man, when would she sleep?  Should we tie her hands behind her back as well, or will just the blindfold be enough?

he's just letting his political biases get in the way, she is probably one of the only ones willing to take ANY of these guys on.

Jamie, when has the requirement ever been that your comment is required to be factual on the conservative side?

Yes you should respect my beliefs even if they're idiotic.  Especially if they're idiotic, in fact.  Darn egghead libruls thinking they know more than me about anything just cuz they spent a lifetime studying it.  Buncha elitists. We need government that's just as willfully pig-ignorant as we are!

Jamie, when has the requirement ever been that your comment is required to be factual on the conservative side?

I'm just tired of the "they all suck" "get rid of x,y,z" "government is the problem" arguments, its so disingenuous. Yes government has its issues and yes the majority of those issues have to do with outright purchasing of it by the oligarchs and plutocrats, a lot of us have been talking about that for a long time (to include Warren) but the "they all suck" argument is so trite

But hey I suppose if you could show me where the Imp/Exp bank is donating to her....

http://www.opensecrets.org/races/summary.php?cycle=2012&id=MAS1

Aaaaaaand this whole time you thought I was speaking about the ex-imp bank itself, and not the corporations who use it as a piggy bank. I guess all of my words have been wasted. I implore you to go on though. Its obvious you're quite familiar with the exp-imp bank and its dealings. Lol

Okay, quick, go read all about it and then come back and pretend you knew all along. 

Archived