NBA 2010 Season thread.

Had some mild interest last season.. and as the regular season starts to wind down for the nba over the next 2 months, figured i would spark a NBA thread.

I have two NBA teams, Denver Nuggets since i will hopefully be moving there and went to my first NBA game ever in Denver, and the Orlando Magic I liked penny hardaway and shaw growing up and have a good friend involved down there as well, works well since ill have a team in each conference to root for, and both are pretty good.

I have enjoyed watching my nuggets ANd my magic beat the Cavs in the past week, i fucking hate the cavs. I would love to like LeBron james, but everytime i watch him play he is jus annoying as fucking hell, he and kobe bitch on EVERY FUCKING PLAY about not getting a foul, at LEAST 1/3 of the fouls called in favor of lebron should be offensive fouls or werent even close to fouls in any way shape or form. Those two are handed 10 extra points a game. half of lebrons blocks are goal tends or fouls, but he is PRICELESS keeping a DEAD nba franchise in first place and is a media darling...

after NOT hitting the game winning shot against the nuggets earlier in the week he cry babied off the court and didnt shake hands with anyone, again, just like he didnt in the finals against the magic. he just comes across as a crybaby asshole with some SEVERE entitlement issues...

I havent been able to watch the magic as often as i hoped, but i never miss the palyoffs... always good games.. sadly i think the nba has a LOT riding on the cavs in teh finals against the lakers..

ratings would be huge, aside from the kobe and lebron scenario that they drool over 12 month a year, now the cavs have shaq, so the shaq vs kobe drama ads to it even more.

the cavs arent a very good team and seem toget handed games against lesser teams and the fficials keep them in game against good teams..

its almost like clockwork, they are behind by 10-14 with about 10 minutes left in the 4th qtr.. and for the next 6 minutes they are going to get EVERY.SINGLE.CALL in their favor... until they take a lead or get within 2-3 points then is slowly evens back out..

i think the NBA is by far the worst pro sport as far as "keeping it close" for ratings..and being really inconsistent on calls within a game even..

tho the skill level of some of the players is incredible..

anyone nugget or magic fans? seems like there were a few last year... and any other NBA fans eager to get closer to the finals?

• 2 weeks later...
I like the Magic.

Mainly because of J.J. though. I am a big fan of Dwight Howard too. Nelson is a fun guy to watch as well. I don't really watch until the playoffs though. The players seem to be a little more motivated to play well every game. Hopefully J.J. can hit a few game winners in the playoffs and make a name for himself.

I did enjoy watching Jordan lose in a game of Horse to Henderson the other day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Playoffs are almost set in the East. Cleveland lucks out by drawing Boston as the #4 seed. Orlando and Atlanta are the 2 and 3 seeds, which should be a tough series. Cavs have home court throughout the playoffs and they'll have Shaq back for the playoffs. If they can't get past Orlando/Atlanta with the additions of Shaq and Jamison, they can only blame themselves.

The West is still very unsettled. Lakers are the heavy favorites. Dallas and Denver have a shot, but I don't expect it to happen.

• 4 weeks later...
magic whoopin ass... sucks denver is out, went to the first game against jazz..

i think the cavs are sunk... the nba/refs are gonn ahave to blatantly hand it to lebron for the cavs to make it bast boston now...

lebron is fucking GONE after this year..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='18 May 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1274240843' post='889150']
magic are getting FUCKED... nba wants some lakers celtics apparently...
[/quote]

Why didn't they want that last year then? The Celtics are just playing amazing ball and both the Magic and the Cavs played like they were sleepwalking.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='23 May 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1274648263' post='889765']
Why didn't they want that last year then? The Celtics are just playing amazing ball and both the Magic and the Cavs played like they were sleepwalking.
[/quote]

cavs suck.. lebron is the only good player on the team. if he cant run the table in the game they lose, the regular season is handed to him, he is that big on an a$$et.

because the lakers were playing lights out, and the celtics werent playing great, the lakers would have destroyed the celtics.. the magic are a much better team.

the magic made the finals last year and added vince carter... and got nelson back healthy .. jesus..

by far the most talented team in the league spot for spot.

they ahve an interesting window for success right now, and a GM who is gonna go balls out to get that ring...

Howard is still getting better
lewis has 3-5 years is good play left..depending on health..
carter has 1-2
nelson is getting only better.

and the backups are no scrubs either.. barnes and peitris(sp?) are great defenders and peitris(sp?) is a damn good shooter. gortat is a solid defending big man, white chocolate is no scrub either...

the starters and depth on the team is ridiculous..

and im a nuggets fan..

• 1 year later...

Archived