Ben Roethlisberger Accused of Sexual Assault

Jamie_B

[quote name='mhfinks' date='05 March 2010 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1267823517' post='867448']
didny they just release batch? can u say distraction?
[/quote]
Yes, Charlie Batch ("I'm an excellent quarterback. Rainman.") was released. He was too cute and was distracting Horn Doglessberger too much.

[img]http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2008/08/charliebatch.jpg[/img]
"Hi, Sailor!"

Here's Roethlisberger doing his best Bill Clinton impression:

[quote]According to KDKA in Pittsburgh, sources close to Ben Roethlisberger say he admits to “contact” with the alleged victim that was consensual, but not sexual intercourse that was “consummated.”[/quote]

Investigators have requested a sample of Roethlisberger's DNA. I am presuming that they have extracted "samples" from his accuser and are looking for a match. It appears obvious to me that he was getting a Monica in the bathroom when she got hurt.

Why hasn't Washington & Jefferson alum Roger Goodell called Roethlisberger to New York yet? When Michael Vick was ALLEGED to have been involved with dog fighting, Goodell had him there lickity-split. Pittsburgh's white starting QB allegedly sexually assaults a woman, admitting to consensual contact, and the Commish is mum.

Washington & Jefferson College - location:
[img]http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/22/washingtonpa.jpg[/img]

[quote name='John~Galt' date='10 March 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1268279343' post='869512']
Since I am moving to PA in a few months and planned to see the Bengals play the Stealers at heinz I might have to make a "No means No" sign.
[/quote]

Hopefully hes not playing...

Or would I rather have him on the field or dennis dixon? Hmm....

[quote name='Cricket' date='10 March 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1268268111' post='869406']
Wow.

Ben: "Nothing happened, nothing happened"
Police: "We want a sample of your DNA"
Ben's Attorney: "You're doomed if you stick with your 'nothing happened' story"
Ben: "Well...there was 'sexual contact'...
[/quote]

He's still doomed if he sticks with "sexual contact" and doesn't change it to "sexual conduct".
If he didn't give the DNA sample immediately when requested, then the court order will be forthcoming soon. He will give it one way or another.

[quote name='scharm' date='11 March 2010 - 09:10 AM' timestamp='1268320218' post='869669']
Wave a yellow towel if you think Ben did it.
[/quote]

That is freakin hilarious. Definitely stealing that joke... :on_the_quiet:

http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.Roethlisberger.allegations.2.1552133.html

[quote][size="6"]Sources Reveal Roethlisberger's Version Of Events[/size]
Andy Sheehan PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ―

Sources tell the KDKA Investigators that Ben Roethlisberger did speak with police in Milledgeville, Ga. the night of the alleged assault and told them there was no sexual intercourse between himself and the alleged victim.

Despite an allegation of sexual assault, Ben Roethlisberger's attorney tells KDKA the two-time Super Bowl champion will emerge from this incident with his reputation intact.

"We intend to finish this case in a way that neither his liberty nor his future is damaged," Garland said.

And in this regard, the KDKA Investigators have learned that Roethlisberger told both police and others in his party that he did not have sexual intercourse with the young woman.

Sources say Roethlisberger concedes that he did have contact with the woman that was not consummated and that afterward the woman slipped and fell, injuring her head.

It's an event that could be a problem for his defense since the woman immediately went to a local hospital and alleged that she was sexually assaulted.

"With sexual assault cases, the question becomes, 'If it's not true, what is the motive and why isn't it true?,'" Bob Del Greco, a defense attorney in Pittsburgh, said.

Georgian investigators are asking for Roethlisberger's DNA, presumably to match some substances taken from the woman at the hospital.

Del Greco says such evidence in conjunction with a head injury could present evidence of a sexual attack.

"Why does she have the bump on the head and theoretically, why do we have your DNA," says Del Greco, "and why did she come to the hospital for this matter, because if it was a consensual matter and she bumped her head, should could have certainly have gone to the hospital and said, 'I bumped my head.'"

Georgian investigators have said they want to interview Roethlisberger in the next few days and are requesting his DNA, but at this point his attorney has not agreed.

But Del Greco says in the meantime, investigators appear to be building a formidable case against Roethlisberger.

"It almost seems to put the onus on the accused or the perpetrator, the defense to tell the prosecutor to say why isn't this so and why shouldn't I bring these charges," Del Greco said.[/quote]

[quote name='scharm' date='11 March 2010 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1268342453' post='869778']
Yeah, might want to rethink that strategy.
[/quote]

Why would he want to keep his reputation as a slim bag douche intact?

Also... the more he talks, the deeper in he gets. He he had a brain in his ass he would STFU and stay S.

[size="4"][b]Long-time Pittsburgh sportscaster unloads on Big Ben[/b][/size]

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2010 8:29 PM ET
As we've mentioned a time or two this week, the tide of public opinion in Pittsburgh has turned dramatically against Ben Roethlisberger in the wake of a second allegation of sexual assault.

Local talk radio has featured plenty of anecdotal evidence regarding generally boorish behavior from Big Ben (we've heard a couple of stories that we possibly will be posting, once they are vetted by the PFT legal team -- i.e., me), and his defenders are becoming fewer and farther between.

Perhaps most jarring is the maiden blog voyage of long-time, old-school Pittsburgh sportscaster John Steigerwald, who spent more than two decades on KDKA-TV, who has hosted radio in the Pittsburgh area, and who currently appears on a weekly Sunday night show on WTAE-TV.

Here's what Steigerwald says about Roethlisberger: "First of all, none of this surprises me. Ben is a bad citizen. He doesn't know how to treat people and he definitely doesn't know how to handle being the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. In my more than 30 years of working in the Pittsburgh sports media, I have never had any player come close to generating as many unsolicited questions from fans as Roethlisberger has. They want to know why he's such a jackass. And these aren't just Steelers fans who got turned down for an autograph. It's men and women from all walks of life."

Steigerwald specifically points to a Make-A-Wish child that Roethlisberger allegedly blew off. Per Steigerwald, KDKA opted not to pursue the matter as a news story. Steigerwald later spoke to the parents, who did not want to go public on behalf of their daughter, who had cystic fibrosis.

Steigerwald's verdict? "Roethlisberger is a punk who needs to be knocked down a peg or two."

As a general matter, Pittsburgh-area sportscasters tread lightly when it comes to the Steelers, if they value access and cooperation from the organization. Steigerwald's atypical candor is a sign that, when it comes to Big Ben, the local journalists have either gotten a nod from the team to take off the gloves, or they just don't care.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='11 March 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1268364666' post='869892']

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2010 8:29 PM ET
As we've mentioned a time or two this week, the tide of public opinion in Pittsburgh has turned dramatically against Ben Roethlisberger in the wake of a second allegation of sexual assault.

Local talk radio has featured plenty of anecdotal evidence regarding generally boorish behavior from Big Ben (we've heard a couple of stories that we possibly will be posting, once they are vetted by the PFT legal team -- i.e., me), and his defenders are becoming fewer and farther between.

Perhaps most jarring is the maiden blog voyage of long-time, old-school Pittsburgh sportscaster John Steigerwald, who spent more than two decades on KDKA-TV, who has hosted radio in the Pittsburgh area, and who currently appears on a weekly Sunday night show on WTAE-TV.

Here's what Steigerwald says about Roethlisberger: "First of all, none of this surprises me. Ben is a bad citizen. He doesn't know how to treat people and he definitely doesn't know how to handle being the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. In my more than 30 years of working in the Pittsburgh sports media, I have never had any player come close to generating as many unsolicited questions from fans as Roethlisberger has. They want to know why he's such a jackass. And these aren't just Steelers fans who got turned down for an autograph. It's men and women from all walks of life."

[b]Steigerwald specifically points to a Make-A-Wish child that Roethlisberger allegedly blew off. Per Steigerwald, KDKA opted not to pursue the matter as a news story. Steigerwald later spoke to the parents, who did not want to go public on behalf of their daughter, who had cystic fibrosis.[/b]

Steigerwald's verdict? "Roethlisberger is a punk who needs to be knocked down a peg or two."

As a general matter, Pittsburgh-area sportscasters tread lightly when it comes to the Steelers, if they value access and cooperation from the organization. Steigerwald's atypical candor is a sign that, when it comes to Big Ben, the local journalists have either gotten a nod from the team to take off the gloves, or they just don't care.
[/quote]
A diseased, dying kid... Really Ben? Really?

What a piece of shit and overall human scum.

I work around these kinds of kids at childrens and they are absolutely OVERJOYED when an athlete comes in.
They get a little time to forget about their illness and actually be kids and be happy.

Human fucking garbage

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='12 March 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1268364666' post='869892']

[/quote]
Damn.

[indent][b][url="http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/big-bens-cooperation-includes-withholding-dna-28017"][size="5"][color="#000000"]Big Ben's 'Cooperation' Includes Withholding DNA[/color][/size][/url][/b]
Posted by [url="http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/author/brooks/"][color="#000000"]Brooks[/color][/url] on Mar. 11, 2010, 1:20pm

After a sexual assault allegation was first lodged against [b]Ben Roethlisberger[/b] in Georgia last Friday, the quarterback's agent [b]Ryan Tollner[/b] [url="http://sportsbybrooks.com/alleged-roethlisberger-sex-assault-victim-is-20-27985"][color="#000000"]released this statement[/color][/url]:

[i]"Last night, Ben and his friends met a group of women and everyone mingled together throughout the evening. We have spoken to law enforcement.[/i]

[i]"Based on information currently available, an allegation was made against Ben, which appeared to be dismissed after a preliminary investigation last night.[/i]

[i]"Obviously, given the prior accusation against Ben, we are skeptical of motive, but we will continue to cooperate with everyone involved."[/i]

[/indent]The tone of Team Roethlisberger has since changed considerably.

[url="http://kdka.com/video/?id=70082@kdka.dayport.com"]KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh[/url] is now reporting that Roethlisberger admitted to police on the night of the incident that he had consensual sexual contact with the alleged victim, though no intercourse took place. Roethlisberger also confirmed to police that after he had sexual contact with the woman, she "[i][url="http://kdka.com/sports/Ben.Roethlisberger.allegations.2.1552180.html"]slipped and fell, injuring her head[/url].[/i]"

KDKA also reported that police have asked for a DNA sample from Roethlisberger, but the quarterback's attorney [b]Ed Garland [/b]has [url="http://kdka.com/sports/Ben.Roethlisberger.allegations.2.1552180.html"]denied the request[/url]. (Flashback to Roethlisberger agent Tollner's statement: "[i]we will continue to cooperate with everyone involved.[/i]")

Since the night of the incident the alleged victim, who was [url="http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/08/ben-roethlisberger-sexual-assault-accuser-hysterical-cops/"]reportedly[/url] "[i]hysterical[/i]" when detailing the alleged sexual assault to police, has dropped out of school. Meanwhile Roethlisberger has [url="http://sportsbybrooks.com/roethlisbergers-new-lawyer-got-ray-lewis-off-27996"]hired high-profile attorney Garland[/url], who in 2000 successfully cleared NFL star [b]Ray Lewis[/b] of charges stemming from a death in Atlanta.

While investigators only truly know where this story is going, Roethlisberger's reported actions and statements contradict the dismissive tone of his representative's statement about the sexual assault allegation.

[url="http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/big-bens-cooperation-includes-withholding-dna-28017"]http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/big-bens-cooperation-includes-withholding-dna-28017[/url]

Refusing to submit DNA?

Doesn't sound good. Giving DNA isn't even an invasive procedure.. Just rub a swab in the mouth and it's done.. It's also incredibly accurate and fail-safe. There is pretty much no reason whatsoever to refuse to submit DNA, especially to clear yourself of suspicion..

Unless of course you are guilty.

Archived