Go Flyers (Beat Xavier)

AmishBengalFan

Found the game on TV (FSCincy) and spent the last half hour in the basement.

Amazing comeback by X, an an equally amazing (but this year, expected) collapse by the Flyers. Hello NIT.

PS - If the refs are going to call a Technical Foul, which essentially decides the game, shouldn't the instigating (and IMO just as "T" worthy) ball slap be worth a Technical too? Flyers had the ball, 34 seconds left, down 2 with 2 timeouts. They call one, a Musketeer slaps at the ball after the timeout is awarded.... hitting the Flyer and knocking the ball away. The Flyer reacts (poorly) and slaps back. The ref calls a T on Dayton, giving Xavier two shots (they make both) and the ball. Game over. I'm not saying that the Flyer didn't deserve a T, but if one was going to be awarded for that ticky-tack reaction, then there should have been two fouls.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='12 March 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1268451851' post='870151']
John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins are not impressed.
[/quote]

turner > wall

cousins > wall

wall is the most overhyped college player since OJ Mayo. i dont see anything out of him that will allow him to dominate at the nba level. he is a good player with good teammates who allow him to go 1 on 1 against a much lesser college player. he wont have that situation in the nba.

Go Xavier, beat Minnesota.

Muskies Rule, Gophers Drool!

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='12 March 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1268449136' post='870146']
im really glad Xavier won as im a huge fan of theirs, but the best part of tonight was you getting pwned in your own thread haha.
[/quote]

Where were you during the early beat down, mmm? At least I took a stand and was pulling hard for the underdog. ;)

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' date='19 March 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1269020789' post='871709']
Go Xavier, beat Minnesota.

Muskies Rule, Gophers Drool!

Where were you during the early beat down, mmm? At least I took a stand and was pulling hard for the underdog. ;)
[/quote]

on a xavier message board lol

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='19 March 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1269033290' post='871741']
on a xavier message board lol
[/quote]Ummm, check the URL bub. This is a Bengals' message board. Fans of many many different schools are here, not just X fans.

So, here's an article from Chicago about tonight's NIT quarter-final match (UD at Illinois) that pretty much slams the Gem City left and right, and concludes with a general slam on the Buckeye State.

Linky: [url="http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chillini/2010/03/illinois-vs-dayton-nit-preview.html"]Illinois vs. Dayton NIT preview: Rudy the Flyer, international peace negotiator[/url]
[quote]In its 214-year history, the city of Dayton has been avoiding the inevitability of progress like the plague. Its only claim to fame is that the Wright Brothers lived and worked in Dayton...despite making Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, the site of their historic flight. Perhaps the most significant event to actually happen within Dayton's city limits was the signing of the Dayton Agreement in 1995, which put an end to the armed conflict in Bosnia. How making foreign leaders travel to Dayton didn't incite more violence is beyond me, but somehow it worked out.

However, hosting a peace treaty between former Soviet satellite states is nothing to brag about. In fact, I would compare it to hosting a NIT basketball game...like the one between Illinois and Dayton tonight.

For Illinois, this will be the toughest team they have yet to face in the NIT. Dayton, much like the Illini, were left out of the NCAA tournament by the selection committee despite having a strong enough resume to earn an at-large bid. The game is in Champaign and will be shown on ESPN2. People might actually care to watch it after "Modern Family" is over. Here's how I see it playing out.

[b]Illinois wins...[/b]if they can play at their pace for a full game. Bruce Weber compared Dayton to Michigan State on offense and Purdue on defense, which seems to suggest they like to run and are aggressive. Dayton has a reputation of being a smaller yet faster team that pushes the ball up and down the court. Thankfully this suits the Illini's style of play, but I don't think they will be able to keep up with the Flyers in a track meet. That being said, Illinois will have to be quick on transition defense but they need to play with their heads on offense. I'm thinking they should give the ball to human lighting rod Mike Tisdale. Letting Tizzy take his shots down low should be a mismatch Illinois can use. I like Tisdale to score 15+ with Mike Davis pulling down the rebounds under both baskets.

[b]Dayton wins...[/b]if they can make it rain. Paul Klee of The News-Gazette writes that the Flyers are 2-7 on the road when they shoot more than 20 three-pointers. Bruce Weber will almost certainly adjust his defense to slow the Flyers down and force them to take outside shots. If they can hit half of what the Illini are going to give them, then they might steal one out of Champaign. On defense, they need to force Illinois to hold onto the ball as long as possible by pressing the guards. The Fighting Webers force way too many bad shots when the clock gets low, so making them move the ball around will be key.

My prediction: Illinois 70, Dayton 62

I have to give the advantage to the home crowd and the fact that Illinois has offensive weapons in the paint. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the Flyers win, but I would be surprised if they ever wanted to return to campus knowing how wonderful the world is outside of Ohio.[/quote]

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' date='24 March 2010 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1269473006' post='872820']
Ummm, check the URL bub. This is a Bengals' message board. Fans of many many different schools are here, not just X fans.
[/quote]

um learn how to read or remember.

You asked: Where were you during the early beat down, mmm? At least I took a stand and was pulling hard for the underdog. ;)

I answered: On a xavier message board lol

In the offseason I don't really check anything but the Bengals board but came in here randomly and commented.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='24 March 2010 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1269485003' post='872855']
um learn how to read or remember.

You asked: Where were you during the early beat down, mmm? At least I took a stand and was pulling hard for the underdog. ;)

I answered: On a xavier message board lol

In the offseason I don't really check anything but the Bengals board but came in here randomly and commented.
[/quote]
You say potato: "[b]Where were you during the early beat down, mmm?[/b] On a xavier message board lol"
I say potahto: "[b]At least I took a stand and was pulling hard for the underdog.[/b] On a xavier message board lol "

See it now? Read it aloud as it was posted and your reply sure seems to follow the last line I said. ;)

PS - The next insult I plan to use at you will be "chucklehead". Get ready.

Archived