2010 NCAA Tournament Thread

JC

Here we go again!

Anyways..this year i'm more curious then I have been before. With the at-large field not being great..there could be a lot more upsets and a lot of things that will mess up my brackets.

In my final four, I had Kansas, Kansas St., Kentucky, and Duke. I don't exactly expect Kansas St. to make it, but I don't think Cuse will make it either.

Anyways, we start in less than an hour and I couldn't be more excited.

[quote name='sois' date='18 March 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1268930194' post='871430']
Ive got Maryland, Cuse, New Mexico and Notre Dame in the Final Four.

UNM and Cuse in the final, UNM winning it all.
[/quote]
Ballsy.

Thats awesome.

I got KU winning it all. Big, experienced, and quick. I thought it would be either them or Kentucky this year and now I think Duke has a slim shot if they can get there.

Rob Morris giving Nova a good one right now.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='18 March 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1268931092' post='871432']
my final 4 are Ky, Duke, Cuse, Kansas. with Ky winning the whole thing. i feel dirty for saying that <_<
[/quote]
Search your feelings, you know it to be true...

and Nova to the elite 8 seems like a bad choice for me so far...

One bracket I have Kansas, Kansas St., Kentucky, and Nova with Kansas winning it all. I have a feeling Syracuse is hiding their studs injury status a little more than they're letting on and even if he's back he won't be 100%... just a hunch, I'd be surprised to actually see him play effectively.

The other I have Kansas, Cuse, Kentucky, Duke... with Kentucky winning it all. I don't really think Kentucky will take care of business just because of youth. Talent - they're more than capable...

Duke has the easiest run, BY FAR... but they could easily lose to Nova or Baylor, and I think Louisville will give them all they want. Don't worry about Nova - they'll run away with it in the 2nd half.

[quote name='sois' date='18 March 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1268936993' post='871443']
GODDAMMIT, fuckin Harangody, why didn't he shoot up before the game? He played like an old man.
[/quote]
Played like garbage. Didn't help that his teammates were jacking up threes like crazy..and couldn't hit any of them.

Florida and BYU is good. Nova down by 8 with four minutes to go. Uh-oh. I could go 0-3 if Nova and Florida lose.

Scottie Reynolds gets 6 FT attempts in a matter of 2 minutes not to long before overtime. 3 guys fouled out.

Scottie Reynolds 14 FT attempts..Rob Morris 22. Come on.

Bummer. Would have been nice to see Rob Morris run them out.

[quote name='JC' date='18 March 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1268938732' post='871447']
Scottie Reynolds gets 6 FT attempts in a matter of 2 minutes not to long before overtime. 3 guys fouled out.

Scottie Reynolds 14 FT attempts..Rob Morris 22. Come on.

Bummer. Would have been nice to see Rob Morris run them out.
[/quote]
Florida lost like I figured they would...

I had ND and OD each in my brackets so that was either way...

and Nova lives!!! my bracket isn't screwed yet!

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='18 March 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1268939242' post='871450']
Florida lost like I figured they would...

I had ND and OD each in my brackets so that was either way...

and Nova lives!!! my bracket isn't screwed yet!
[/quote]
Woah..maybe. 35.5 seconds. GOod thing Nova is a good free throw shooting team.

3:57 55-49 Reggie Redding made Free Throw.
3:24 Rob Robinson missed Three Point Jumper. 55-49
3:24 55-49 Scottie Reynolds Defensive Rebound.
3:06 Foul on Gary Wallace 55-49
3:06 55-50 Scottie Reynolds made Free Throw.
3:06 55-51 Scottie Reynolds made Free Throw.
2:44 Mezie Nwigwe Turnover. 55-51
2:42 55-51 Maalik Wayns Steal.
2:10 Foul on Mezie Nwigwe 55-51
2:10 55-52 Scottie Reynolds made Free Throw.
2:10 55-53 Scottie Reynolds made Free Throw.
2:03 Robert Morris 30 Second Timeout.
1:55 Mezie Nwigwe Turnover. 55-53
1:48 Foul on Rob Robinson 55-53
1:48 55-54 Scottie Reynolds made Free Throw.
1:48 55-55 Scottie Reynolds made Free Throw.

Harsh..

[quote name='#22' date='18 March 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1268943513' post='871470']
Here's a question: who [i]doesn't[/i] have Duke going to the Final Four?
I think the only way they lose is if they play UofL in round 2 and Sosa goes off.
[/quote]
Nova would absolutely give Duke fits with their defense just like they did last year.

I think Richmond could run with Nova next round though.

[quote name='#22' date='18 March 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1268943513' post='871470']
Here's a question: who [i]doesn't[/i] have Duke going to the Final Four?
I think the only way they lose is if they play UofL in round 2 and Sosa goes off.
[/quote]

Dude, as a fellow UK fan I can't believe you haven't noticed yet that Sosa fucking BLOWS.

Anyway, I also can't believe that the Ohio Fucking Bobcats just beat Georgetown. WOW. Busted my bracket for sure. G'Town was playing so well at the end of the season...I had them going a bit farther than this in most of my brackets. FUCK!

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='18 March 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1268964545' post='871548']
i hate Notre Dame with passion now, they stole Brian kelly from us and they lost the first round. i will hate these fuckers for life. and fuck George Town :angry:
[/quote]

Brian Kelly coaches football, Rumble.

Yeah - Duke will only have to get past Nova or Baylor...

Nova played 1/2 that game with Reynolds so I don't put a huge amount of stock in it. But the Dukies have the smoothest path without a doubt.

Oh yeah - someone teach John Thompson III how to coach perimeter defense... especially when you have as good a big man as George Monroe. Ohio flat shot them out of the building and it seemed like they never game out of being packed in to protect the inside. At some point don't you say "I've got a great big man... I'm going to let him patrol the middle and start pressuring these guys and make them shoot with a hand in their face..."

Jesus. I love it though! My boys match up SSSSSOOOOOO much better with Ohio and Georgetown.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='19 March 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1269010541' post='871665']
Yeah - Duke will only have to get past Nova or Baylor...

Nova played 1/2 that game with Reynolds so I don't put a huge amount of stock in it. But the Dukies have the smoothest path without a doubt.
[/quote]
Scottie only missed the first four minutes from what I heard on TV..so did Fisher.

He went like 2 for 15 from the floor with like a million free throws. Probably won't get that lucky in the rest of the tourny, but he probably won't shoot like that either. Baylor vs. Nova will be a helluva game..provided they both advance.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='18 March 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1268970343' post='871560']
Brian Kelly coaches football, Rumble.
[/quote]

i know that, did you not understand what i wrote lol. i meant they stole him for the football team and now they lost my basketball bracket for me. thats 2 reasons to hate on them irish!

Archived