2010 NCAA Tournament Thread

JC

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='26 March 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1269652274' post='873329']
absolutely horrible no-call at the end of the OSU-Tenn game.
[/quote]

What about the Xavier game? That one should have never gone into OT...Xavier should have lost it shooting two free throws at the end of regulation...or how about the extra help the refs gave Butler by not calling some obvious travelling fouls late in that game?

The officiating in the NCAA lacks consistency.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='26 March 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1269652274' post='873329']
[/quote]

Yes it was.

I still can not believe Motta didn't call a timeout when the shot clock was turned off,
down by 1 and with the ball.

Now I have no team in it.

I guess I'll have to root for whoever is playing Kentucky.

[quote name='#22' date='26 March 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1269654609' post='873338']
You know, I [i]really[/i] wanted tOSU to win, but that was a straight up block at the end.
[/quote]

I saw fouls called all night with less body contact.

But whatever. I am use to watching my teams lose in the playoffs.

*curls up in fetal position to cry myself to sleep*

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/20.gif[/img]

LOL

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='26 March 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1269652274' post='873329']
[/quote]

it looked to me like a great block with a flop by turner. there was a slight amount of body contact but the UT guy jumped straight up and he is allowed to do that. the thing i find odd is that most of the media seems to agree. i figured the media would be against that call since it was ET. i know i hate OSU but i really like ET and Titus. I didnt think it was a foul though and ET definitely tried to draw the foul instead of making the shot.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='26 March 2010 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1269655437' post='873341']
it looked to me like a great block with a flop by turner. there was a slight amount of body contact but the UT guy jumped straight up and he is allowed to do that. the thing i find odd is that most of the media seems to agree. i figured the media would be against that call since it was ET. i know i hate OSU but i really like ET and Titus. I didnt think it was a foul though and ET definitely tried to draw the foul instead of making the shot.
[/quote]

You are biased. Your opinion = a pile of crap LOL

[url=""] [/url] The Buckeyes loss wouldn't sting so much if it hadn't be the night after watching Xavier lose a heartbreaker.

This sucks. Now I have to wait to for the Reds season to start and watch them choke. LOL

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='26 March 2010 - 10:03 PM' timestamp='1269655437' post='873341']
it looked to me like a great block with a flop by turner. [b]there was a slight amount of body contact but the UT guy jumped straight up and he is allowed to do that. [/b]the thing i find odd is that most of the media seems to agree. i figured the media would be against that call since it was ET. i know i hate OSU but i really like ET and Titus. I didnt think it was a foul though and ET definitely tried to draw the foul instead of making the shot.
[/quote]

he got both arms.

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' date='27 March 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1269718998' post='873425']
hopefully ET will be back..What a bum way for him to go out..I plan on him being back next year though. With this recruiting class coming in I see it very more likely that they will be going farther next March..
[/quote]

no way is ET dumb enough to stay. he already had one freak scare with the fall on his back.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='26 March 2010 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1269655588' post='873342']
You are biased. Your opinion = a pile of crap LOL

[url=""] [/url] The Buckeyes loss wouldn't sting so much if it hadn't be the night after watching Xavier lose a heartbreaker.

This sucks. Now I have to wait to for the Reds season to start and watch them choke. LOL
[/quote]

it cant really be biased when i hate UT and OSU and i had picked OSU to go farther...i also havent heard anyone but OSU fans cry about it. i can admit X got lucky they even went to OT because the refs missed the obvious foul before the shot. ET spent more effort trying to draw a foul instead of shooting the shot to make it. OSU losing could end up costing me about $950 in winnings so im pretty sure if they got fucked id be pissed.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='27 March 2010 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1269720707' post='873427']
it cant really be biased when i hate UT and OSU and i had picked OSU to go farther...i also havent heard anyone but OSU fans cry about it. i can admit X got lucky they even went to OT because the refs missed the obvious foul before the shot. ET spent more effort trying to draw a foul instead of shooting the shot to make it. OSU losing could end up costing me about $950 in winnings so im pretty sure if they got fucked id be pissed.
[/quote]

I dont really think it was a foul and Im a HUGE osu fan.

What ET did that was dumb was before his first shot, he picked up his dribble after he passed diebler and then had to pass it to madsen and have it passed back to him before he could shoot allowing the guy on madsen to get to him and contest the shot.

The way that play is drawn up is that the guy guarding ET and Diebler both stick with diebler and Turner has a shot in the corner. It worked as ETs guy left him, but by him picking up his dribble he allowed the other defender time to get over.

This play worked to perfection once in a game for OSU 4 or 5 years ago but I cant remember the game and I cant find the video. ET would have had a great shot but picked up his dribble.

Oh well, good year, they werent expected to do much this year and they had a solid year. Next year could be a good one if Buford stays. Buford Dielber and Lauderdale will probably all start along with Sullinger at 4 and probably one of the other freshman. Buford is gonna be sweet next year if he stays.

[quote name='Jason' date='27 March 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1269734298' post='873453']
Wow, West Virginia leads at half time without making a single 2 point shot!

How often does that happen??
[/quote]

For a half of an Elite Eight NCAA tournament game.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='26 March 2010 - 08:43 AM' timestamp='1269611003' post='873217']
Interesting stat to keep in mind for Saturday.

John Calipari is 1-7 v. Bob Huggins
[/quote]

[quote name='#22' date='26 March 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1269622542' post='873270']
Also, Bob Huggins is 0-3 vs. UK
also also, UK is 13-4 all-time against WVU, including 7-0 in the past 7 games.
Kentucky beat a West Virginia team last season by nine which had the same starting 5 players this team does.
That Kentucky team, of course, only had staters Darius Miller and Patrick Patterson, and was coached by a lunatic.
[/quote]

Time to update those numbers.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' date='27 March 2010 - 08:38 PM' timestamp='1269740331' post='873471']
I haven't been this happy since hearing UConn didn't make the tourney at all [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

(my condolences, Homer [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif[/img] )
[/quote]

:lmao:

I'm pretty frustrated with the way UK played. You can't miss everything from the charity stripe and beyond the arc while the other team hits just about everything and expect to win.

Hats off to WVU, but UK beat themselves with probably the worst shooting performance this deep into an NCAA tournament by ANY team I've EVER seen.

Very strange game. The refs missed a few big calls for WVU and UK, and obviously that didn't have an effect on the result. It's just as simple as UK not hitting their threes (4 of 32). I don't really think that Huggin's 1-3-1 or 2-3 defenses had anything to do with it-sometimes it's just not your night. WVU had a [i]great[/i] game out of Mazzula, and UK got a good enough game out of Cousins, Patterson, and Wall to win.

I'm upset, but I'll get over it. I'd rather lose a game where there is a clear reason [b]why[/b] UK lost (threes, FT%), than those ambiguous losses that cause every dumbass amateur coach to come out of the woodwork.
Kentucky had already lost in the NIT by this time last season. The future looks a lot brighter now than it did then, and that's all I can really ask for.

Kudos to WVU, though. I will definitely pull for them against Duke and UT if they play either one of those teams.
Overall, though, GO BUTLER!

Archived