2 Orlando Cabrera SS

19 Joey Votto 1B

4 Brandon Phillips 2B

27 Scott Rolen 3B

32 Jay Bruce RF

17 Laynce Nix LF

55 Ramon Hernandez C

39 Aaron Harang RHP

Holliday and Pujols is a scary 3-4. Best in baseball.

Hopefully Harang can keep the game tight and our offense can score some runs.

GO REDS!

[quote name='Jason' date='04 April 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1270431841' post='875241']
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

No more gameday threads. The Reds played so much better last year when we stopped posting in it.

:ninja:/2
[/quote]

Well when they are in first place in teh division the first couple months people are gonna wanna discuss the games :headbang:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='05 April 2010 - 05:54 AM' timestamp='1270461274' post='875289']
Still pissed off that Nix who barely made the fucking team as the 5th OF is starting over Gomes or Stubbs. Dickerson should be in LF and Stubbs in CF today. Very lame of Dusty to fuck over Stubbs. Nix = the new patterson :(
[/quote]

Dusty is just into getting as many lefties as he can vs righties and as many righties vs lefties.

If gomes and stubbs show they can hit against righties then they will get a lot more PT.

But it is opening day, which should mean more then matchups, so I would have given Stubbs the nod.

But I do agree, Nix sucks, throw him breaking balls in the dirt he swings every time.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='05 April 2010 - 02:21 PM' timestamp='1270491705' post='875367']
have they lost yet?

:ninja:
[/quote]

Its pretty much over now after Lincoln just gave up a 2 run homer to Pujols.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='05 April 2010 - 03:14 PM' timestamp='1270494870' post='875376']
Whoever's idea it was to pitch to Pujols should be fired.

Seriously. Make Holliday or someone else beat you.

2 friggin homers for Puljols in the game. Unacceptable.
[/quote]

Yup.

Masset giving up a grandslam certainly didnt help matters though.

Oh well 1 game down, 161 more to go.

Reds lose 11-6
The bullpen gave up 7 runs in 4 innings.

Stubbs: 2 for 2 with 2 singles and a RBI after entering the game as a pinch hitter
Votto: 3 for 5 with 2 singles and a HR
Phillips: 1 for 4 with a double, walk and 2 RBIs

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='05 April 2010 - 08:29 AM' timestamp='1270474147' post='875320']
Dusty is just into getting as many lefties as he can vs righties and as many righties vs lefties.

If gomes and stubbs show they can hit against righties then they will get a lot more PT.

But it is opening day, which should mean more then matchups, so I would have given Stubbs the nod.

But I do agree, Nix sucks, throw him breaking balls in the dirt he swings every time.
[/quote]

even if matchups were considered

Stubbs was 1 for 3 vs Carp last year, Nix was 1 for 7 vs Carp last year. Dickerson is a career 455 hitter vs Carpenter. The OF should have been Dickerson-Stubbs-Bruce. Stubbs and Dickerson both hit higher than Nix in the spring AND last year. All stats point to no intelligent reason for Nix to be playing. Baker is a fucking idiot. Ondrunsek has like a 10 pitch inning and DOMINATES the 3 cards he faces so we pull him to put in Massett and the game gets blown wide open. Why the fuck Nix? Why the fuck Lincoln (is even on the team or used in a game they are still in)? Why the fuck pull Ondrunsek after barely any pitches? He is so bad with the choices he makes and this team isnt talented enough to overcome manager errors. They are young and have some talent but they need their manager to make brilliant decisions not stupid ones for this team to compete.

Albert Pujols should NEVER see a pitch to hit with no one on and if there is only 1 guy on and any outs you shouldnt put anything over the plate. Either walk him or hope he reaches for something. Why bother? He is the 2nd best hitter in my lifetime (to Bonds) and there is no intelligent reason to let him see pitches to hit in the situations he did today.

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' date='05 April 2010 - 06:18 PM' timestamp='1270505894' post='875442']
Didn't get to see the game today which sucked, but how did Harang look? How was the velocity, location?
I'm pretty much looking for anything to indicate he'll regain his old form.
[/quote]

His velocity was fine (92-94 mph) but he started having problems with location during certain parts of the game.
The Pujols HR was a ball that moved back over the plate and he missed a little on the Rasmus HR, but I'm not sure why they even tried to go inside on him.
Price still has some work to do with him though as you could see him nibbling at times against players he shouldn't have to nibble against.

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' date='05 April 2010 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1270505894' post='875442']
Didn't get to see the game today which sucked, but how did Harang look? How was the velocity, location?
I'm pretty much looking for anything to indicate he'll regain his old form.
[/quote]

velocity was great. looked like he let a few pitches get away but the only times they were taken advantage of were by a superstar and a future superstar Pujols and Rasmus. He will need to do better obviously but the "struggles" yesterday werent like the last 2 years. I left that game with more confidence in Harang but not any in Baker or certain parts of our pen haha.

For all the people that think Marvin Lewis's in game management is poor, watch a reds game. Dusty's is awful.

Why put a rookie in in his second appearance in the game vs pujols and holiday with a guy on base? Just dumb in my opinion.

Sending Phillips earlier was dumb as well, but that might have been Phillips decision.

Oh well, come on reds, start a comeback!

EDIT: Looking back on the decision to put Logan in, wasnt as bad as i first reacted.

Logan is gonna be good as is masset, just sucks that each was lit up in back to back nights. Assuming our pen pitches better we'll be alright.

Come on bronson, knock us off the schnide!

I'm with you on Dusty C.J.

Can't put together a line up either.

WHO IS THAT CRUSHER THEY GOT THAT BATS LEFTY? From the Dominican? Opening day they were comparing him to Prince Fielder? He's a bad ass.

I think we should sit goems and stubbs and the Behemoth on the bench!!!

Also I'd just like to Add that the only thing Good about the Reds officaial web site is its ablility to induce migranes and , I suspect - seizures in epileptics.

[quote name='The Scales' date='08 April 2010 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1270766298' post='876178']
I'm with you on Dusty C.J.

Can't put together a line up either.

WHO IS THAT CRUSHER THEY GOT THAT BATS LEFTY? From the Dominican? Opening day they were comparing him to Prince Fielder? He's a bad ass.

I think we should sit goems and stubbs and the Behemoth on the bench!!!

Also I'd just like to Add that the only thing Good about the Reds officaial web site is its ablility to induce migranes and , I suspect - seizures in epileptics.
[/quote]

Stubbs is a stud. Bruce needs to bat in the lineup where he actually has protection behind him so he can see something on the plate and fastball instead of off the plate breaking balls all day since the guy behind him isnt very good.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/18.gif[/img]

Definitely had me sweating it there at the end with the monster homer by Lee
and the 2 errors to load the bases.

Great play by BP to get the out at 1st before the Lee homer though.

Jumped off the couch on the slam by Stubbs. Never sat back down until it was over.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='09 April 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1270864588' post='876502']
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/18.gif[/img]

Definitely had me sweating it there at the end with the monster homer by Lee
and the 2 errors to load the bases.

Great play by BP to get the out at 1st before the Lee homer though.

Jumped off the couch on the slam by Stubbs. Never sat back down until it was over.
[/quote]

ended up as 1 error they took janish' error away as it should have been ruled a hit in the first place.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='09 April 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1270872182' post='876510']
ended up as 1 error they took janish' error away as it should have been ruled a hit in the first place.
[/quote]

M'eh. He had it in his hand and lost it. I don't know if he could
have thrown someone out. But he made sure he had no chance.

Suspect Defense either way.

Great win though.

Archived