2010 Reds gameday thread!

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='scharm' date='21 April 2010 - 08:33 PM' timestamp='1271896382' post='880088']
Oh come on, that ball bounced before he caught it.

Holy shit this is the first time I ever saw a call in baseball overturned.
[/quote]

Very strange...ive seen calls overturned but not on something like that where it would have been live if it was ruled correctly.

Costs us a run though..

By the way, Rolen is starting to heat up as is Joey Votto. Bruce is also starting to hit the ball harder. If we can just get the guys at the top of the order going our offense could be decent.

Its time to eat Harang's salary (12 million? 15 million?) and cut him loose. He's been bad for two years now. I don't know what happened to him, but he needs to go and we need to bring someone else up now. I know its early in the season, but Harang is going to be 0-20 by the end of the year if we hang onto him and he's had his chances to turn it around.

Its time.

I can't agree with dustys move to take Homer out trailing by one run in the bottom half of the sixth.

He's pitched pretty well today, couple of mistakes but I didn't see fatigue. You crush his mood by not letting him keep pitching for a win. Mood is contagious and will spread to the whole team. If you leave him in pitching well you boost his confidence, which I think he needs and I believe you'll get the emotions and focus of the team to battle back and win the Game.

NO ZEN.

While I like a lot of what the Broo dog says - before the game he commented that "a manager accounts for 3 or 4 wins a year."
Broo dog you are so wrong on this one

Bung the best thing you or I or anybody can do for the benefit of this team is to root them on regardless. If your at the game pitch by pitch be in the game participating, instead of just mindlessly watching. You listen to the game on the Radio ? Root them on. You watch it on T.V. Root them on.

In your mind build them up. Encourage them. Root them on. Doesn't matter if no one hears you, or you vocalize your thougths and someone does hear you.

Thoughts are powerful things and they can travel far.

This team like every other team needs its fans. The relationship is more symbiotic than most realize.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='25 April 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1272236410' post='883726']
i guess we should get rid of arroyo too! lol
[/quote]

If we could get rid of both arroyo and harang and their 23 million dollars they are making are team would have been a lot better. We could have gotten 2 decent pitchers for half that amount and spent the rest on a solid LF.

Hopefully we'll do that next year when we arent on the hook for their salaries.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='27 April 2010 - 07:33 PM' timestamp='1272414793' post='884431']
If hanigan keeps playing like this he needs to be the number one option behind the plate with Ramon backing up instead of the other way around...

Hitting like 470 with 9 rbis compared to 250 with 4 rbis.
[/quote]

ramon has also been clutch as fuck. hanigan has proved he cant play every day. he is a good backup and thats the extent of his career.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='27 April 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1272422091' post='884491']
ramon has also been clutch as fuck. hanigan has proved he cant play every day. he is a good backup and thats the extent of his career.
[/quote]

Clutch as fuck? He had a game winning hit in the last game, then in a game earlier in the season he got an rbi on a walk with a one run lead.

Besides that name one other time he was clutch as fuck?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='25 April 2010 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1272240819' post='883756']
If we could get rid of both arroyo and harang and their 23 million dollars they are making are team would have been a lot better. We could have gotten 2 decent pitchers for half that amount and spent the rest on a solid LF.

Hopefully we'll do that next year when we arent on the hook for their salaries.
[/quote]

I'm with you, the Reds need to shed these guys and their salary. Unfortunately by "shed" it means eating their salary just to get them the fuck outta here...stupid baseball union...

Archived