2010 Reds gameday thread!

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='10 May 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1273529285' post='887483']
Big reason we are over .500:

We are first in the NL and 2nd in the majors in hitting w/RISP and 2 outs...batting .306. Pretty impressive.
[/quote]

Not to mention our defense. Only 4 unearned runs so far this year.

Here's to a sweep of shitsbooger!

2 games over .500 and 3 back of the Cardinals. Over the last 10 games or so they have been playing winning ball.

Your right CJ and RJ Joey's 3 run tater against the cubs on Sunday was monsterous.

I do not like the Cardinals. I hope they go on a nice long losing steak.

I voted that the Reds Pitcher most likely to pitch a perfect game (last nights T.V. poll question) would be Mike Leake.

I agree with you on Leake. He's the only guy that I think has good enough control to throw a perfect game. I think Cueto or Volquez could no hit someone, but I don't think either is pitch efficient enough to be "perfect".

[quote name='Jason' date='11 May 2010 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1273594170' post='887633']
I agree with you on Leake. He's the only guy that I think has good enough control to throw a perfect game. I think Cueto or Volquez could no hit someone, but I don't think either is pitch efficient enough to be "perfect".
[/quote]

Leake doesnt have the stuff for a perfect game. The best chance for a perfect game would be Cueto or Homer pitching a game and having their A game for control.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='11 May 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1273615189' post='887784']
Leake doesnt have the stuff for a perfect game. The best chance for a perfect game would be Cueto or Homer pitching a game and having their A game for control.
[/quote]

And Tom Browning did?

His stuff wasn't any better than Leake. It's more about location, and keeping hitters off balance.

[quote name='Jason' date='11 May 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1273615656' post='887787']
And Tom Browning did?

His stuff wasn't any better than Leake. It's more about location, and keeping hitters off balance.
[/quote]

That and when Browning's change-up was working it was the best in baseball.

When it wasn't it ended up in the red seats, but damn that thing looked like it dropped straight down 3 feet in front of the plate...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='11 May 2010 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1273615189' post='887784']
[/quote]

Johnny is showing tonight why you might be right...if he didnt give up that hit earlier, people would be watching him very closely the rest of the night.

[quote name='JC' date='11 May 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1273627242' post='887830']
Man. Johnny needs to pitch like this all the time. The dude is a monster tonight. What a solid rotation we have lined up.
[/quote]

I get what you are saying but there isnt a pitcher in the majors that can pitch like this all the time haha. Best reds pitching performance ive ever seen (not around for the tom browning game).

2 more outs Johnny!

[quote name='Elflocko' date='11 May 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1273629058' post='887838']
Complete game one-hitter!

Wow!

Is Yahoo reporting that correctly?
[/quote]

Yes...and the one hit was one just past janishs glove...almost had it.

Definitely had no no stuff.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='11 May 2010 - 06:53 PM' timestamp='1273629185' post='887839']
Yes...and the one hit was one just past janishs glove...almost had it.

Definitely had no no stuff.
[/quote]

Awesome!

Sorry I couldn't see it...

I hope winning becomes contagious for the pitching staff. Its really on them if the Reds are going to do anything to unseat the Redbirds this year. I still refuse to get my hopes up or get too excited about the Reds until they show me something after the all-star break, which is typically meltdown time for our team.

**crosses fingers**

[quote name='Bunghole' date='11 May 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1273629846' post='887845']
I hope winning becomes contagious for the pitching staff. Its really on them if the Reds are going to do anything to unseat the Redbirds this year. I still refuse to get my hopes up or get too excited about the Reds until they show me something after the all-star break, which is typically meltdown time for our team.

**crosses fingers**
[/quote]

the staff has been doing great for about 2.5-3 weeks now. the bullpen is whats hurting us with its dr jekyl and mr hyde shit

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='11 May 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1273624357' post='887823']
Johnny is showing tonight why you might be right...if he didnt give up that hit earlier, people would be watching him very closely the rest of the night.
[/quote]

ha i was thinking that. would have been epic if he could have done that for me haha

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='11 May 2010 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1273632232' post='887857']
the staff has been doing great for about 2.5-3 weeks now. the bullpen is whats hurting us with its dr jekyl and mr hyde shit

ha i was thinking that. would have been epic if he could have done that for me haha
[/quote]

Whats more impressive Cuetos 1 hitter (with 1 HBP) or Jimenez's no hitter with 6 walks?

Either way, either the 2nd or 3rd most dominating pitching performance in MLB this year besides Dallas Bradens.

Also, how many good defensive plays did the reds make today? I dont remember a ton, so its not like he was really getting that lucky, they just couldnt hit him.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='11 May 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1273632573' post='887860']
Whats more impressive Cuetos 1 hitter (with 1 HBP) or Jimenez's no hitter with 6 walks?

Either way, either the 2nd or 3rd most dominating pitching performance in MLB this year besides Dallas Bradens.

Also, how many good defensive plays did the reds make today? I dont remember a ton, so its not like he was really getting that lucky, they just couldnt hit him.
[/quote]

id say cuetos is a better job but jimenez performance is way more impressive to lack that control and throw a no hitter lol

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='11 May 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1273633012' post='887865']
id say cuetos is a better job but jimenez performance is way more impressive to lack that control and throw a no hitter lol
[/quote]

On redszone they showed some stat from a website (i know real informative haha) that gives pitchers a game score...Cuetos was a 93 which tied him with Dallas Braden as the higest of the year.

I just really hope this gives cueto that boosted confidence he needs to go out and attack hitters every game.

Everybodies huggin as the Reds are Rollin.

Aroldis is doing the freak nasty for Luaville.

The Big Club is 18 - 15 and only two back of the Hated Cardinals - As they lost tonight to the Astros.

Sweep the Shitsboogers and take the heat to the Cardinals comming up.

Can you say first place Reds? :1hump:

[quote name='The Scales' date='11 May 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1273634789' post='887877']
Everybodies huggin as the Reds are Rollin.

Aroldis is doing the freak nasty for Luaville.

The Big Club is 18 - 15 and only [b]two back of the Hated Cardinals - As they lost tonight to the Astros.[/b]

Sweep the Shitsboogers and take the heat to the Cardinals comming up.

Can you say first place Reds? :1hump:
[/quote]

:dance: :dance:

[quote name='Jason' date='12 May 2010 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1273683766' post='888002']
Who was the alien that stole Johnny Cueto's body last night and what did he do with Johnny?

And, more importantly, can he stay?

:D
[/quote]

Same question re Homer Bailey! Wow, complete game shut out 90 pitches, 73 strikes. Holy Shit!

When is the last time the Reds have had back to back complete game shut outs????

Archived