2010 Reds gameday thread!

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='Jason' date='12 May 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1273690780' post='888018']
Same question re Homer Bailey! Wow, complete game shut out 90 pitches, 73 strikes. Holy Shit!

When is the last time the Reds have had back to back complete game shut outs????
[/quote]
The Reds got consecutive complete-game shutouts for the first time since June 9-10, 1989, when Jose Rijo and Tom Browning did it at Dodger Stadium.

^^^ From the ESPN recap of the game

WEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :41:

:1287: S e weep! Bucos suckos. I can't fathom how they whooped this Big Red Machine just a bit earlier in the season?

:32: Don't tell no body but if the hated Redbirds lose tonight the Hometeam is just a Half a game back!!!

Leake to Bailey, Harang, Yo Yo, and Johnny K. "TIME TO STEP YOUR GAME UP!"

Gimme Chapman

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' date='12 May 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1273694222' post='888036']
The Reds got consecutive complete-game shutouts for the first time since June 9-10, 1989, when Jose Rijo and Tom Browning did it at Dodger Stadium.

^^^ From the ESPN recap of the game
[/quote]

Holy shit.

Is our pitching finally coming around?

All it takes is one pitcher to set the standard and make the others match him...

[quote name='Jason' date='14 May 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1273881663' post='888472']
[b][size=7]STOP PITCHING TO ALBERT PUJOLS!!!!!!![/b][/size]
[/quote]

I don't even need to look up the game stats to know what happened... :doh:

Down 4-0 on 2 homers that are probably fly ball outs if they didn't play at GABP.

The Reds need to either draft and sign only ground ball pitchers or find a way to fix GABP so those fly balls don't carry out for homers like they have been.

[quote name='CTA513' date='14 May 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1273889683' post='888488']
Reds lose 4-3 after Hernandez pinch hits and grounds into a double play to end the game.
[/quote]

That was an awful decision by Dusty. Ramone had not hit this guy well, neither had most right handers. What the hell was he thinking? Laynce should have been the pinch hitter.

And they should have done a double steal with Stubbs and Heisey.

[quote name='Jason' date='15 May 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1273940833' post='888535']
That was an awful decision by Dusty. Ramone had not hit this guy well, neither had most right handers. What the hell was he thinking? Laynce should have been the pinch hitter.

And they should have done a double steal with Stubbs and Heisey.
[/quote]

well nix was hurt so thats why.

I only despise the Fat Albert because he's a Cardinal. A BiRD? A Horny Red Bird? Thats not tough. Come on I just look at one of those Red birds, peacock a little and the damn thing flys off screaming like a babay. Thats how you deal with Cardinals. No way some little red bird is gonna take down the giant smiling baseball man.

I like what I've been seeing Dusty do to the lineup lately.

How about Leake fellas? (4-0) Who gets the credit for drafting this kid?

How about Drew Stubbs winning games too? Even though his average is, shall we say, miniscule.

Everyone should pitch to Pujols - except Harang.

Reds win today (Sunday) to take the series and keep the dream alive.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='16 May 2010 - 09:06 AM' timestamp='1274018762' post='888594']
Have not been to a Reds game in 5 years.....

Yesterday I decided to load the 3 and 8 year old up and go....guess I picked a good one! lol
[/quote]

1-0 when u go. then get ur ass up there more.

i went yesterday it was an awesome game.

Now that thats done; it's time to emasculate the Brewers.

Team batting averages are on the Rise.

Team E.R.A is on the decline, and the starters have been given lots of quality innings.

Team fundamentals - base running and defense have been pretty good most of the time and exceptional more and more.

:good3:

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='18 May 2010 - 09:18 AM' timestamp='1274145539' post='888861']
Ramons gotta swing at that 3-2 pitch bases loaded 2 outs...hes gotta be thinking fastball and got it. Dont know how he didnt swing.

At least we tied the game that inning.
[/quote]
That was a little league at bat. <_<

Who's the color commentary guy who keeps doing the "throw 'em he heater Ricky" shtick? He fucking sucks.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' date='17 May 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1274146256' post='888862']
That was a little league at bat. <_<

Who's the color commentary guy who keeps doing the "throw 'em he heater Ricky" shtick? He fucking sucks.
[/quote]

How long have you been watching the Reds? Jeff "Cowboy" Brantley has been doing games for a few years now, and he's a favorite of mine.

Archived