Edinson Volquez suspended for 50 games

BengalBacker

[quote name='CTA513' date='20 April 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1271791644' post='879384']
It sounds like he can start serving the 50 day suspension now, so its doesn't sound like much of a suspension since hes on the DL and wouldn't be back by then anyway.
[/quote]

Yeah, saw that after I posted the link.

We'll consider that a silver lining...

I want to know when the positive test was. Could it be something he was taking as a part of his rehab?

I'm surprised (and happy) he can serve the suspension while still on the DL. That seems a little silly.

It sounds like the positive test happened in ST, so most likely he suffered his first major injury and was itching to get back. Still dumb.

But fortunately he gets to serve the suspension now so he should be back around mid July either way.

I just hope he wasnt on roids in 2008, cause when he comes back, and mainly next year he needs to pitch like he did in 08, so im hoping he didnt just pitch well cause of steroids.

It appears it wasn't a steroid, and in all likelihood it's probably HGH or some other cordial designed to speed and enhance his recovery from injury. From his perspective, he needs to successfully return from this surgery because he has yet to get a big contract; from the Reds' perspective, now they won't have to pay him for 50 games. The ban will keep him out until mid-June; he wasn't expected back until sometime in July anyway.

I am also not ruling out the possibility that it was just something fun Maseo gave him.

Volkie supposedly is claiming that he was taking fertility drugs prescribed to him by a doc in the dominican republic so him and his wife could get pregnant.

Sounds shady but you never know, could be true.

I dont know if there is or isnt but there needs to be an employee of the team that knows the banned and not banned drug lists of the MLB and whenever a player is thinking about taking something should ask this guy if its ok.

Either way, not really a big deal, will still probably be back around the same time. Just dont do it again Volkie.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='20 April 2010 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1271795901' post='879433']
Volkie supposedly is claiming that he was taking fertility drugs prescribed to him by a doc in the dominican republic so him and his wife could get pregnant.

Sounds shady but you never know, could be true.

I dont know if there is or isnt but there needs to be an employee of the team that knows the banned and not banned drug lists of the MLB and whenever a player is thinking about taking something should ask this guy if its ok.

Either way, not really a big deal, will still probably be back around the same time. Just dont do it again Volkie.
[/quote]

this is true, but he didnt clear it with MLB. he would have been fine if he reported this first but it will show up positive. he fucked that one up.

Archived