Fat Albert for a 3rd & 4th?

I wouldn't touch the guy. Money in the bank, his mission has been accomplished.

Look at the DTs they've chased and what happened after the fat cash

Warren Sapp turned to Warren Crap.

Corey Simon ate himself out of the league

Shaun Rogers - Greatest DT for about 5/6 games a year. The rest Guycheck is looking like a stud against him.

Id do it.

When a guy gets traded, the new team doesn't owe him any guaranteed money right? So what if he would be paid a stupid salary this year? I don't think the Bengals would be penalized for cutting him at any point if they indeed reinstated the salary cap.

We have a comp pick in the third, and shit Hanyesworth playing at an elite level for 6 games is far better than the best case scenerio for our 3rd and 4th picks this year.

I would love to get Albert, but I feel were good at the DT and I even feel save with our DEs, but I wouldn't mind the USF DE even tho he will be far gone, I just really hope we end up getting Earl Thomas, but Albert would help, just wouldn't get your hopes up

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='20 April 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1271814900' post='879687']
Skins paid up front for the most part. Year two his salary drops quite a bit. Reports are Skins will be moving to 3-4 and expect Al to be ineffective in that D.
I agree and hated Albert for some time after the cleat incident but he's been on the S&N for the most part since then. It's been 5 years.
In Albert's recent years in TN his presence allowed for the guys around him to be very effect in pass rush and The Titans were one of the few teams that could consistently slow Manning.
[/quote]

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='20 April 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1271817904' post='879723']
Haynesworth's deal is basically 3yrs, $16 million at this point. For a 4th rounder I'd take the chance on if he'll give 100% effort or not.
[/quote]

Exactly, they're looking to get rid of him because he isn't going to fit in their defense, and he wouldn't cost that much. There's about 0.00001% chance this happens though. I think his attitude is going to scare most people away. Fisher might think it's worth it because they have a history.

[quote name='Big Alice' date='20 April 2010 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1271814459' post='879681']
Albert Haynesworth would make the Bengals defense you of the two or three best units in the league. [/quote]

Albert is poison. The Redskins defense went downhill when they brought in Fat Albert, and other than his contract years in Tennessee the Titans defense was horrible with him starting.

Haynesworth is the biggest headcase, crybabay, piece-of-shit in the league.

[quote name='fredtoast' date='20 April 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1271822154' post='879743']
Albert is poison. The Redskins defense went downhill when they brought in Fat Albert, and other than his contract years in Tennessee the Titans defense was horrible with him starting.

Haynesworth is the biggest headcase, crybabay, piece-of-shit in the league.
[/quote]

How much did Andre Carter's production go up when Albert got there? Oh, 4 sacks in '08 to 11 sacks in '09, and 25 more tackles. Probably just a coincidence.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='20 April 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1271822390' post='879747']
How much did Andre Carter's production go up when Albert got there? Oh, 4 sacks in '08 to 11 sacks in '09, and 25 more tackles. Probably just a coincidence.
[/quote]

Who the fuck cares about individual stats? The team went from 6th in scoring defense to 18th and from 4th in yards allowed to 10th.

Their rush defense dropped from 11th to 16th and their pass defense dropped from 7th to 11th.

Haynesworth has played 2 good seasons in his 8 year career ('07 & '08). Those were the two years he was playing for a contract. In the other 6 years he has a grand total of 13 sacks, zero Pro Bowls, and played on zero top ten scoring defenses.

I've watched the guy since he was at the University of Tennessee in 1999. He is the biggest waste of talent I have ever seen.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='20 April 2010 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1271812596' post='879665']
Two questions.....

Why are the Redskins looking to dump this guy after one lackluster year? Furthermore, why do you think the Bengals would get value out of him where the Redskins could not?
[/quote]

I think they play the 3-4, which is hilariousb ecause they gave a 4-3 DT 100million to play nt.

[quote name='fredtoast' date='21 April 2010 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1271826069' post='879764']
Who the fuck cares about individual stats? The team went from 6th in scoring defense to 18th and from 4th in yards allowed to 10th.

Their rush defense dropped from 11th to 16th and their pass defense dropped from 7th to 11th.

Haynesworth has played 2 good seasons in his 8 year career ('07 & '08). Those were the two years he was playing for a contract. In the other 6 years he has a grand total of 13 sacks, zero Pro Bowls, and played on zero top ten scoring defenses.

I've watched the guy since he was at the University of Tennessee in 1999. He is the biggest waste of talent I have ever seen.
[/quote]

Sean taylor? Springs getting old? Crappy offense all contribute to the raknings on defense, gotta look into it a lot further.

IMO he'll be hungry to prove himself, again. I mean if he doesn't he's cut and with out any kind of money.

Nah, Skins are looking for payback for the Big Daddy trade. Don't give them the opportunity.

Haynesworth is talented as the day is long. Could be the greatest DT ever. That is a common story for DTs. I don't think you trade anything for him, if no one bites you deal with him as a FA once the Skins cut him.

[quote name='turningpoint' date='21 April 2010 - 08:43 AM' timestamp='1271853796' post='879818']

IMO he'll be hungry to prove himself, again. I mean if he doesn't he's cut and with out any kind of money.
[/quote]

That never motivated him before, and I don't think it will now either.

He only plays well when he is playing for a new contract.

Yes, Haynesworth for a 3rd and 4th is a no brainer. He's under contract for 6 more years, though it's really 3 years for 16 mil. That's Peko type money but he's a better player. If we used the draft picks, there's a good chance at least one of them busts and it's not likely either becomes a pro bowler. Even if they do become good, they'll only be signed for 3 years anyway. Haynesworth makes the other players around him better. It can make the Bengals an elite defense if we find an upgrade at FS.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' date='20 April 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1271816597' post='879703']
Has JT issued an opinion about this? That's something I'd value in this matter.

[/quote]

[b][url="http://twitter.com/Old_schooler"][color="#0a0501"]Old_schooler[/color][/url][/b] [url=""] [/url] @[url="http://twitter.com/JohnThornton"][color="#0a0501"]JohnThornton[/color][/url] Good morning JT. Albert Haynesworth is reportedly available for 3rd & 4th round picks. Think the Bengals should make an offer?
[url="http://twitter.com/Old_schooler/status/12574696883"]16 minutes ago[/url] via web [url="http://twitter.com/JohnThornton/status/12540198955"]in reply to JohnThornton[/url]

[b][url="http://twitter.com/JohnThornton"][color="#0a0501"]JohnThornton[/color][/url][/b] [url=""] [/url] @[url="http://twitter.com/Old_schooler"][color="#0a0501"]Old_schooler[/color][/url] good morning to you. Yes, I think they should. He's not a bad guy. Marv could handle him
[url="http://twitter.com/JohnThornton/status/12574974017"]11 minutes ago[/url] via [url="http://ubertwitter.com/"]UberTwitter[/url] [url="http://twitter.com/Old_schooler/status/12574696883"]in reply to Old_schooler[/url]

[quote name='sparky151' date='21 April 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1271855589' post='879843'] Haynesworth makes the other players around him better.
[/quote]

No he doesn't. The Redskins defense got worse when they signed him and other than the two years he was playing for a new contract he has never played on a top 10 defense. In fact the Titans defenses from '05,'06, and '07 were among the worst in the league never finishing higher than 29th.

I can understand why people who have just seen a few highlights of Fat Albert love him. But I have been watching him since 1999. He would be poison to this team and make our defense worse. I told this to everyone last year, and no one believed me. All i will say about this year is "Wait and see."

[quote name='oldschooler' date='21 April 2010 - 09:17 AM' timestamp='1271855861' post='879845']

[b][url="http://twitter.com/JohnThornton"][color="#0a0501"]JohnThornton[/color][/url][/b] [url=""] [/url] @[url="http://twitter.com/Old_schooler"][color="#0a0501"]Old_schooler[/color][/url] good morning to you. Yes, I think they should. He's not a bad guy. Marv could handle him
[url="http://twitter.com/JohnThornton/status/12574974017"]11 minutes ago[/url] via [url="http://ubertwitter.com/"]UberTwitter[/url] [url="http://twitter.com/Old_schooler/status/12574696883"]in reply to Old_schooler[/url]
[/quote]

Is this the same JT who said Geathers was as good as Adalius Thomas?

Anyway here is the skinny on Haynesworth. He is a total headcase and shows no signs of "growing up".

In college he attacked one of his own teammates on the practice field. Coaches sent him to the locker room but he returned with a club to "finish the job" and had to be rstrained by teammates.

When Hartwig was playing Center for the Titans Haynesworth stomped him while he was on the ground because he had been getting the best of Fat Albert in some drills. Again he had to be restrained by teammates.

You all saw what he did to Garoude's head in the game agaionst Dallas.

After the suspension from that incident had supposedly made him "mature" and "turn things around" he got into a fistfight with another Titan teammate in a Nashville bar.

While with the Titans he had one road rage incident dismissed in s small rural county under "unusual" circumstances. He later got convicted of driving over 100 MPH in Nashville. While on probation for that he got convicted again of running a guy off the road while driving at a high rate of speed.

Haynesworth is a total piece of shit.

[quote name='fredtoast' date='21 April 2010 - 09:24 AM' timestamp='1271856261' post='879848']

Anyway here is the skinny on Haynesworth. He is a total headcase and shows no signs of "growing up".

In college he attacked one of his own teammates on the practice field. Coaches sent him to the locker room but he returned with a club to "finish the job" and had to be rstrained by teammates.

When Hartwig was playing Center for the Titans Haynesworth stomped him while he was on the ground because he had been getting the best of Fat Albert in some drills. Again he had to be restrained by teammates.

After the suspension from that incident had supposedly made him "mature" and "turn things around" he got into a fistfight with another Titan teammate in a Nashville bar.

While with the Titans he had one road rage incident dismissed in s small rural county under "unusual" circumstances. He later got convicted of driving over 100 MPH in Nashville. While on probation for that he got convicted again of running a guy off the road while driving at a high rate of speed.

[/quote]

so you know Haynesworth better than one of his friends and former teammates?

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 April 2010 - 09:33 AM' timestamp='1271856802' post='879853']
so you know Haynesworth better than one of his friends and former teammates?
[/quote]

If you are talking about the guy who said that Geathers was better than Adalius Thomas and also said that Frostee Rucker would be a great DT then, yes, that is what I am saying.

[quote name='fredtoast' date='21 April 2010 - 09:36 AM' timestamp='1271856964' post='879855']
If you are talking about the guy who said that Geathers was better than Adalius Thomas and also said that Frostee Rucker would be a great DT then, yes, that is what I am saying.
[/quote]

he never said that about Geathers (maybe you're referring to someone, other than JT, saying that about Henderson) and have never heard anything about the Rucker part.

Anywho, LOL at your arrogance.

[quote name='fredtoast' date='21 April 2010 - 08:24 AM' timestamp='1271856261' post='879848']

[/quote]

First off, SHAUN SMITH compared ERIC HENDERSON to Adalius Thomas.

[quote]"They've got a lot of great players there. (Jonathan) Fanene ... Eric Henderson is the next Adalius Thomas. I'm going to miss Paul Brown Stadium. But the Browns are a team on the rise." [/quote]

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=29485"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=29485[/url]

So that blows your shit out of the water about JT's opinion
of Haynesworth, now doesn't it?

And the rest of the stuff you posted makes Haynesworth a perfect
candidate for the Bengals. Redeemer.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='20 April 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1271811058' post='879650']
Also you gotta take the money into consideration...if we wanted him we could have signed him for what the redskins gave him. We would have to take on that salary and its way too much. Thats why his trade value is low.

People forget about that sometimes.
[/quote]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY&feature=related[/media]

Seriously though....

We don't have to pay his signing bonus, so a player of his caliber would have a very manageable contract.

Now imagine reuniting him with Odom.... a duo who with Vanden Bosch had one of the best pass rushing D lines in the NFL.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='20 April 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1271810046' post='879641']
Eh...seems like one of those guys that gets paid then doesnt try hard anymore.
[/quote]

[quote name='Patmo' date='20 April 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1271815312' post='879692']
He's got his big money contract . From here on he won't be worth a damn.
[/quote]

[quote name='fredtoast' date='21 April 2010 - 08:54 AM' timestamp='1271854497' post='879829']
That never motivated him before, and I don't think it will now either.

He only plays well when he is playing for a new contract.
[/quote]

These all say it best... I've said it ever since the guy was at UT and it still stands today. The guy has always been a contract year player. He was garbage at UT until, you guessed it, his senior year. He was garbage for the Titans every year being hurt 5-6 games a season until his last season when he was to be a free agent. The only thing driving the guy is the paycheck, period. Not any of this BS about personal satisfaction or want to "prove" anything... that is crap. Keep the guy on reasonable 1 year contracts and I'm game. Otherwise, pass.

Oh, and that sorry bastard couldn't drive a boat if his life depended on it! He has a nice ass jet boat and lives in the Knoxville area... but his place is on the lake... I hear screaming and cursing from clear across the lake and I get closer to see what is going on... it was Fat Albert trying to pull this jet boat into his boat slip! My wife went to school with his now ex-wife.

If the guy would ever play up to his potential EVERY year he'd be the gold standard by which other 4-3 DT's would be measured... but he doesn't.

Archived