WE NEED......Running Backs!!

We have 5 freaking PS games and nobody to play the position on the roster except our starters. I'll be damned if I want them even getting the MAJORITY OF THE CARRIES during PS. We need to fodder to take the heat off our 4 main guys so they don't have to burn themselves out or get injured for the regular season.......that is, unless.........we plan on 4 wr/ 1 te, 5 wr, or 3/2 sets with no running back and try to get our passing game in order. I think I'd be OK with that....for PS anyway.

[quote name='Dr Tarzan' date='26 April 2010 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1272294578' post='883870']
We have 5 freaking PS games and nobody to play the position on the roster except our starters. I'll be damned if I want them even getting the MAJORITY OF THE CARRIES during PS. We need to fodder to take the heat off our 4 main guys so they don't have to burn themselves out or get injured for the regular season.......that is, unless.........we plan on 4 wr/ 1 te, 5 wr, or 3/2 sets with no running back and try to get our passing game in order. I think I'd be OK with that....for PS anyway.
[/quote]

According to various reports safeties Jeromy Miles (UMass) and Bryan Evans (Georgia), [color="#FF0000"][b]running backs Mikell Simpson (Virginia) and Cordera Eason (Mississippi)[/b][/color], tight end Jeff Cottam (Tennessee), linebacker Vincent Rey (Duke) and long snapper Mike Windt (UC) have signed.

Benson
Scott
Leonard
Fui

+2 UDFA

What the hell do we need more RBs for? Give Simpson (no, not the useless WR) a shitload of carries in the preseason, and let him show what he can do when he's not playing for the worst fucking designed offense in the history of college football.

Yes, UVa was HORRIBLE on O last season. HORRIBLE.

Thank goodness I was there with Tiki and Ronde. :thumbsup:

[quote name='GoBengals' date='26 April 2010 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1272295375' post='883877']
yea ps starts in like 4 months.... we will probably sign one or two...

do you really think we only go to camp and preseason with 3 rb's?
[/quote]

No...but I thought we'd have our Safety situation adequately addressed by now, too.

[quote name='Dr Tarzan' date='26 April 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1272303564' post='883949']
No...but I thought we'd have our Safety situation adequately addressed by now, too.
[/quote]

maybe they think they do?

Ratliff, Trent and Ghee all have the tools to make the switch to FS IMO.

Plus, veterans are getting cut left and right around the league.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' date='26 April 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1272303769' post='883953']
Please name the NFL team with 4 starter-quality safeties?

I'll be waiting.
[/quote]

I don't think anyone is saying that. I think its more along the lines of "name the NFL team(s) that have backup safeties that are better than/more athletic/faster/bigger than Tom Nelson"...

...there's got to be several.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='27 April 2010 - 01:44 AM' timestamp='1272303887' post='883956']
I don't think anyone is saying that. I think its more along the lines of "name the NFL team(s) that have backup safeties that are better than/more athletic/faster/bigger than Tom Nelson"...

[/quote]
Dude. We have 3 quality safeties.

Who has 4?

No one. It's a wet dream. Like having Carson 2.0 as a backup QB. It ain't gonna happen.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='26 April 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1272303887' post='883956']

[/quote]

I still think Nelson would be a better SS than FS.

We aren't awesome at safety, but we certainly aren't bad. We only need one more body at FS, and that may already be on the team at CB.

Move Nelson to SS and have him replace Hebert as the #5, special teams stud. Move Trent to FS and groom him as Crocker's replacement.

Problem solved.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' date='26 April 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1272304032' post='883959']
Dude. We have 3 quality safeties.

Who has 4?

No one. It's a wet dream. Like having Carson 2.0 as a backup QB. It ain't gonna happen.
[/quote]

My only concern is how injury-prone Williams has become, and the likelihood of he and Crocker being injured due to how hard they hit people.

I really want to see more than a few games out of Williams this season. He's an enforcer when healthy.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='26 April 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1272303796' post='883954']
maybe they think they do?

[b]Ratliff, Trent and Ghee all have the tools to make the switch to FS IMO.[/b]

Plus, veterans are getting cut left and right around the league.
[/quote]
I think a lot of people are overlooking this and confusing what will (probably) be a need for a starting saftey in 2011 with the need for depth in 2010.

If Crocker, Williams, and Ndukwe stay healthy all season long, safety taken eariler than the 5th round would have been a wasted pick. That probably won't happen, but an increased pass rush will make the entire secondary look better no matter whose in. Trent, Ratliff, Nelson, that UDFA safety...I'm sure we can find a rotational guy for the 4th spot.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='27 April 2010 - 01:52 AM' timestamp='1272304344' post='883966']
My only concern is how injury-prone Williams has become, and the likelihood of he and Crocker being injured due to how hard they hit people.

I really want to see more than a few games out of Williams this season. He's an enforcer when healthy.
[/quote]
Oh, I'm with you. No doubt. I'd love to see Williams (and Crocker) starting for us in the playoffs this season.

I just don't know how much more we can expect from the depth chart at this point. 3 quality guys for 2 spots is pretty good. I can't recall a SB team ever playing two backup safeties. We're not alone here.

Oh, and as far as the OT goes. Sorry. :hijack:

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' date='26 April 2010 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1272304399' post='883967']
I think a lot of people are overlooking this and confusing what will (probably) be a need for a starting saftey in 2011 with the need for depth in 2010.

If Crocker, Williams, and Ndukwe stay healthy all season long, safety taken eariler than the 5th round would have been a wasted pick. That probably won't happen, but an increased pass rush will make the entire secondary look better no matter whose in. Trent, Ratliff, Nelson, [b]that UDFA safety[/b]...I'm sure we can find a rotational guy for the 4th spot.
[/quote]

really, really like him. Think he makes the team as the backup FS or #5 CB.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' date='26 April 2010 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1272303769' post='883953']
Please name the NFL team with 4 starter-quality safeties?

I'll be waiting.
[/quote]

yeah but we really dont have any of those lol. crocker is extremely overrated by bengals fans he starts the year well and slowly gets worse and worse as the year goes on, roy cant be trusted to stay healthy and ndukwe sucks badly.

I know some will think Im taking the piss here.......

But is DD Dorsey in football at present????

Heres a guy who could:

1. Legitimately handle PS carries AND possibly make the team.

2. Be the every down (20+) carry guy a game in the event Benson got nicked (Will premise this by saying with his injury history he likely lasts 1-2 games MAX in this capacity but if Benson is down longer than that......were in a world of pain regardless!)

[quote name='oz_bengal' date='26 April 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1272345596' post='884158']

Heres a guy who could:

2. Be the every down (20+) carry guy a game in the event Benson got nicked (Will premise this by saying with his injury history he likely lasts 1-2 games MAX in this capacity but if Benson is down longer than that......were in a world of pain regardless!)
[/quote]

DeDe is on the Lions

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='27 April 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1272343754' post='884154']
yeah but we really dont have any of those lol. crocker is extremely overrated by bengals fans he starts the year well and slowly gets worse and worse as the year goes on, roy cant be trusted to stay healthy and ndukwe sucks badly.
[/quote]

The defense has had two years of being really good. Everyone loves the D Coordinator. Crocker has played a major role on that unit. I think he deserves to have good things to be said about him. I wish Madieu Williams was as good as him during his Bengals days.

Ndukwe is much better than you give him credit for. Roy Williams is an injury concern but is also starting quality safety.

If KK and Madieu can find safety roles with other teams, then we have a very solid group of starting safeties.

[quote name='oz_bengal' date='27 April 2010 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1272345596' post='884158']

Heres a guy who could:

[/quote]

The only thing about DD is, why would he come back? He's been in two TCs and find a firm ground to stick with the team. If I had options I would not try Cincy again.

Archived