Keeping our enemies close: Limas Sweed suffers "serious" Achilles tendon injury

[b][size="5"]Limas Sweed suffers Achilles tendon injury[/size][/b]
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 2, 2010 1:24 PM ET

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4679"]Limas Sweed[/url] left Sunday's final minicamp practice with an injury that could keep him out for the entire season.

Ed Bouchette of the [i]Pittsburgh Post-Gazette[/i] reports that coach Mike Tomlin said[url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10122/1055067-100.stm"] it looks like a serious Achilles tendon injury[/url].

A ruptured Achilles tendon would likely prevent Sweed from playing at all in 2010.

The Steelers' second-round draft pick in 2008, Sweed has caught just seven passes in two years in Pittsburgh. The Steelers released a statement last month in which Sweed said he's been dealing with "[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/19/steelers-release-statement-from-sweed-acknowleding-personal-issues/"]personal issues[/url]."

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/02/limas-sweed-suffers-achilles-tendon-injury/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/02/limas-sweed-suffers-achilles-tendon-injury/[/url]

[quote name='KoKaine7777' date='02 May 2010 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1272833834' post='885534']
[b]Very cheap , low and poor character to laugh at injuries.[/b]
[/quote]

We learn from the masters, who laughed after they ripped up Carson's knee.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='02 May 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1272838583' post='885548']
Suddenly the Steelers seem a little thin on wideout talent. That coupled with a backup QB for 4-6 games is great for the Bengals.
[/quote]

Its not all roses being a pass first team. I also think they may have problems turning back into their old selves on demand.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='02 May 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1272838583' post='885548']
Suddenly the Steelers seem a little thin on wideout talent. That coupled with a backup QB for 4-6 games is great for the Bengals.
[/quote]

Sweed is their Simpson. They won't miss him an iota.

And as long as that grinning little shit is lining up at WR for them...I'll always be nervous going against them.

[quote name='Le Tigre' date='02 May 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1272840467' post='885555']
Sweed is their Simpson. They won't miss him an iota.

And as long as that grinning little shit is lining up at WR for them...I'll always be nervous going against them.
[/quote]

except that they just traded their Chad and only WR's they drafted were small school guys like Simpson. Their projected lineup doesn't strike much fear into anyone:

Ward
Wallace
Randle El
Arnaz Battle
Antonio Brown
Emmanuel Sanders

Ward is battling a lingering Hamstring injury as well. He re-aggravated it during this latest mini-camp.

Also the 2nd WR they drafted Antonio Brown, I think has a bright future. Not as a #1 receiver but as a #2 or #3 slot receiver...

[quote name='Jom112' date='02 May 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1272847263' post='885575']
Ward is battling a lingering Hamstring injury as well. He re-aggravated it during this latest mini-camp.

Also the 2nd WR they drafted Antonio Brown, I think has a bright future. Not as a #1 receiver but as a #2 or #3 slot receiver...
[/quote]

yea I like Brown, but I don't know that he'll ever be more than a #3. He'll have more impact as a KR than WR IMO.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='02 May 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1272847413' post='885577']
i don't think the steeler fans give a shit if this guy is hurt or not. kinda like saying
if this happened to simpson. i don't wish that on no one just sayin.
[/quote]

x2 this doesn't really hurt them all that much

[quote name='unleashed' date='02 May 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1272854462' post='885588']
Thank God it wasn't an injury to his hands....the surgeons might have been able to rebuild them to actually be able to catch a football
[/quote]

:clapping:

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='02 May 2010 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1272846496' post='885570']
except that they just traded their Chad and only WR's they drafted were small school guys like Simpson. Their projected lineup doesn't strike much fear into anyone:

Ward
Wallace
Randle El
Arnaz Battle
Antonio Brown
Emmanuel Sanders
[/quote]

That was kinda my point. This coupled with the Holmes trade and Ben's suspension and the "grinning idiot" getting old....Wallace is their only legit threat, and he's only a 2nd year player.

[quote][b]Very cheap , low and poor character to laugh at injuries.[/b][/quote]
Ironically, I first heard about it on a different board, from a Steeler fan who posted:
[quote]Sweed goes down with an achillies injury.

As a Steelers fan, this is great news. Sweed is fucking terrible & dropped more important balls than he caught.[/quote]Typical scum.

Archived