James Frances in Jail....

former Bengal James Frances was hiding out in a different
state because he owes over $400,000. in back child support. :o
They brought him back to Ohio and he's in jail....

what do they do with their money...why wouldn't you hire
and account or something...geesh.

That fat fuck wishes he collected on all those off-season workout bonuses in his contract now doesn't he???

[quote]James Francis is at it again, and it may cost the veteran outside linebacker his job.

Francis was the only Bengal to be missing from the first day of the three-day voluntary mini-camp at Spinney Field, leaving many to wonder if he is inching closer to his final days in Cincinnati.

''It's a familiar story,'' team president Mike Brown said. ''I wish it weren't like this with him . . . He's a guy who should be more responsible, especially at his stage. Yet he's never stepped up in the offseason.''

Francis, who is entering his 10th season, was sent home from last year's mini-camp for being overweight. He reported to the April mini-camp at 256 pounds.

[b]For the third straight year, Francis will not earn a $250,000 offseason workout bonus. Francis is scheduled to make $1.8 million in the last year of a four-year deal, and the Bengals could save $1.5 million if they released him.[/b][/quote]

750k before taxes lost right there.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Stanley Wilson's Dealer' date='May 13 2005, 09:41 AM']That fat fuck wishes he collected on all those off-season workout bonuses in his contract now doesn't he???
750k before taxes lost right there.
[right][post="91869"][/post][/right][/quote]

That might be the best possible reply to this thread. You rock. :)

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='May 13 2005, 10:45 AM']That article you posted StanleyWilson, reminds me of all the bad days, when it seemed like half the roster was placed on the physically unable to preform list. Glad those days are gone.

Shame on you James Francis.
[right][post="91888"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

When the announcers at our preseason games were joking about them being "must win" games. When a close defeat almost felt okay because at least we didn't get crushed again. When year in and year out, you didn't root for the Bengals to win games, you rooted for them to get lucky enough to steal a victory. You knew they were the worst team in football, but you hoped they'd win one somehow...

Memory lane has dark alleys in Bengaldom. Thank God we found the onramp to the highway.

No offense, but $400,000 over a 15 year period to raise one kid. That's almost $27,000 a year. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand hearing about deadbeat parents and they deserve what they get when not paying. And I realize he was a football player and maybe his ex was used to higher standards than we middle class folk, but that's still expensive - especially back in 1990. My guess is that he didn't show up for any of the court hearings, just like he didn't show up for any of the off season workouts, so the courts socked it to him. James Brooks could probably give him a few pointers now.

[quote name='Droopy' date='May 13 2005, 12:19 PM']No offense, but $400,000 over a 15 year period to raise one kid.  That's almost $27,000 a year.  Don't get me wrong, I can't stand hearing about deadbeat parents and they deserve what they get when not paying.  And I realize he was a football player and maybe his ex was used to higher standards than we middle class folk, but that's still expensive - especially back in 1990.  My guess is that he didn't show up for any of the court hearings, just like he didn't show up for any of the off season workouts, so the courts socked it to him.  James Brooks could probably give him a few pointers now.
[right][post="91957"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

hell, my pop dissappeared and never paid a dime... he has three kids i wonder what he owes! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Check out this story on Francis from back in 2000 I found on ChannelCincinnati.com:

[quote]Former Bengal Indicted For Nonsupport
Francis Allegedly Owes For 2 Kids

UPDATED: 6:07 p.m. EST December 6, 2000

Former Cincinnati Bengal linebacker James Francis has been accused of failing to pay child support.
Francis, who also played for the Washington Redskins, was indicted Tuesday on two counts of nonsupport of dependents.

He allegedly owes $98,825 for the support of his 6-year-old son, Tyrin Warner.

Hamilton County prosecutor Mike Allen said that his office sought two charges against Francis because he failed to support his son and failed to make support payments after he was ordered to do so by the courts.

"In other words, he's turned his back on both his son and the courts," Allen said.

Records indicate that Francis' most recent payment was for $110 in February, 2000.

A warrant has been issued for Francis' arrest. His last known address was in Sugarland, Texas, Allen said.

Francis is also the subject of an order to provide support for another child.

[b]He allegedly owes $685,889 for the support of Jordan Harris, a 3-year-old child who lives in New Jersey. [/b]

The amount Francis owes to Harris could be reviewed at a hearing scheduled for Dec. 15, Allen said.[/quote]

[quote name='Droopy' date='May 13 2005, 12:19 PM']No offense, but $400,000 over a 15 year period to raise one kid.  That's almost $27,000 a year.  Don't get me wrong, I can't stand hearing about deadbeat parents and they deserve what they get when not paying.  And I realize he was a football player and maybe his ex was used to higher standards than we middle class folk, but that's still expensive - especially back in 1990.  My guess is that he didn't show up for any of the court hearings, just like he didn't show up for any of the off season workouts, so the courts socked it to him.  James Brooks could probably give him a few pointers now.
[right][post="91957"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i was thinking the same thing...

thats a lot of green for child support, i think there should be a maximum per child, i dont care if its donald trump or mc hammer, then make exceptions for the extremely poor, but if alex rodriguez knocks up some whore and leaves her, he is gonna pay like $500,000 a year, and that skeez is sittin pretty... but if ickey woods drills a skank and runs, she is gonna get like $500/month, $6,000/year

im not as much worried about the players pocket or the poor mans pocket as i am the skanks that are to collect, just becuase the one got knocked up and abandoned but a rich guy doesnt mean she should live on easy street while the other has to work two jobs and struggle her whole life...

like everything else, the court system in this country is fucked up.

Archived