Help keep Bob Huggins in Cincinnati

Guest BengalsOwn

I watched UCONN work its way up in the Big East. Calhoun was a big part of that, and I think Huggins, if he stays, will get UC competitive mighty quick. If he does go, provided they get a replacement that is decent, UC will be fine, though perhaps not as quickly. So, if it were a matter of character, I'd suggest that Huggins gets eased out slowly, with some respect for what he has done.

There's no doubt in my mind that with the new additions, the Big East is now the best and most competitive bball conference in the land.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='May 14 2005, 12:54 AM']I guess I'll stop trying to make things easier for you, by using the report button.

The other board I've been on for the last 5 years relies on it, and I know the moderators appreciate the help in pointing out the shit. They also don't reply to them, asking what they should do...
[right][post="92221"][/post][/right][/quote]

Lighten up.

We appreciate your diligence.

We're just a little slap happy or something tonight. :)

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='May 13 2005, 11:54 PM']I guess I'll stop trying to make things easier for you, by using the report button.

The other board I've been on for the last 5 years relies on it, and I know the moderators appreciate the help in pointing out the shit. They also don't reply to them, asking what they should do...
[right][post="92221"][/post][/right][/quote]
Oh Jesus Christ, don't act like nobody pays attention to you or your reports. It IS a valuable feature of this message board, but truth be told, you're a bit jumpy when it comes to "pulling the report trigger".

You act like any comments that may/may not relate to the topics at hand should be moved/changed/reported/deleted.

If going off on a tangent is a crime around here, then I'm absolutely fucked. And so are many others, including yourself. We (I) think humor is important (you've laughed...I've seen it!) and shouldn't make a thread discounted, a member banned, posts always moved around, whatever.

I believe in the "the least amount of moderation is a good thing" school.

I think you have moderator envy...ok, you're dick is bigger than mine, happy now?

And BTW, I'm jesting....

Seriously Own, you have been helpful identifying posters who are garbage, or who are flamers, etc....but you are a bit Taliban-ish with the reporting....was a relative of yours in the Hitler's Youth Program?

Again, I jest.... :lol:

[quote name='Homer_Rice' date='May 13 2005, 11:57 PM']I watched UCONN work its way up in the Big East. Calhoun was a big part of that, and I think Huggins, if he stays, will get UC competitive mighty quick. If he does go, provided they get a replacement that is decent, UC will be fine, though perhaps not as quickly. So, if it were a matter of character, I'd suggest that Huggins gets eased out slowly, with some respect for what he has done.

There's no doubt in my mind that with the new additions, the Big East is now the best and most competitive bball conference in the land.
[right][post="92223"][/post][/right][/quote]
Don't tell that to Dicky V...he'll give you an "awesome baby"-laced diatribe on the ACC....

:lol:

[quote name='WHODEYNATION' date='May 14 2005, 12:06 AM']yeah screw that redneck tattle tail piece of crap cry baby bitch :D   :D
[right][post="92228"][/post][/right][/quote]
Well....that wasn't my intention either...you've swung the pendulum WAY farther than it needed to go...

Guest WHODEYNATION
[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 14 2005, 01:08 AM']Well....that wasn't my intention either...you've swung the pendulum WAY farther than it needed to go...
[right][post="92230"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
dude im drunk and gots to go to bed

Guest BengalBacker
Whodeynation.

You need to chill.

BengalsOwn is a valuable member of this board. He's proven it over a long period of time. Like family, we can crack on him. You can't.

Don't be so quick to call people names until they've given you a reason.

[quote name='WHODEYNATION' date='May 14 2005, 12:18 AM']dude im drunk and gots to go to bed
[right][post="92232"][/post][/right][/quote]
Then go there, stop posting here, and don't drive a car.

We'll be here in the morning.... :lol:

Guest 34inXXIII
Yeah, let's keep the guy who dominated C-USA all the way back in its infancy when there was really little competition, stumbled to a Final Four thanks to a busted bracket, is now fortunate to make the final four in the C-USA tournament, constantly chokes in the NCAA tournament, can't graduate a single player and has all the charm & self control of Bobby Knight (without the rings).

Do you guys really think there aren't better coaching candidates out there? Ones who can bring some respect back to the program as it performs on the bigger stage of the Big East conference? (and if you don't think the program lacks respect, you are completely naive)

It amazes me how some of you Bengals fans are so enamored with how Marvin Lewis runs the team by focusing on acquiring tallented yet high-character individuals, yet you'll let Huggins slide on bringing in illiterate thugs, punks and criminals despite having very little success to show for it (especially in recent years).

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='34inXXIII' date='May 14 2005, 01:42 AM']It amazes me how some of you Bengals fans are so enamored with how Marvin Lewis runs the team by focusing on acquiring tallented yet high-character individuals
[right][post="92239"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

See:

Bryan Robinson
Chris Henry
Odell Thurman

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='May 14 2005, 12:47 AM']See:

Bryan Robinson
Chris Henry
Odell Thurman
[right][post="92240"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Wow, you found 3. That's what...about half of a Huggins recruiting class?

And please tell me which of those three taped their roomate to a lawn chair, then beat, burned & stabbed him.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='34inXXIII' date='May 14 2005, 02:02 AM']Wow, you found 3.  That's what...about half of a Huggins recruiting class?

And please tell me which of those three taped their roomate to a lawn chair, then beat, burned & stabbed him.
[right][post="92244"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Bryan Robinson was once accused of sexually assaulting another man.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='May 14 2005, 02:08 AM']Bryan Robinson was once accused of sexually assaulting another man.
[right][post="92246"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

haha no shit? Thats funny. I must have missed that thread/been drunk when I read it.

As far as Huggins goes, I am a UC fan. The only way I would be mad at his release is if he was replaced by some no name newbie working his way up. If we got a respected, established coach (maybe an ex-NBA coach), I would not really be mad. It has been a long time since Bob Huggins resurrected the program. I do appreciate all the regular season wins over The McNicholas Rockets. But, come National exposure time (MArch), the Bearcats blow. They are horrible, and I think that is a direct reflection of Huggs and the players he brings in. They dont fight the good fight. They cant bring it when other teams do. They are more interested in being thugs than they are about being players, and students. (he does graduate a proportionate amount = to most other Div 1 schools). I am tired of the 'hooditude that his players have. As much as I hate Duke, look at the classy players they bring in. UNC for the most part too. Even (gag) Louisville and Ketucky. Even those Xavier nerds (haha) have gone farther than our supreme basketball team. I think it is definitly time for a change, and I have been thinking this for a few years. The replacement part though, has to be better than the part it replaces though, or else the engine "dont" run.

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='May 14 2005, 01:08 AM']Bryan Robinson was once accused of sexually assaulting another man.

So are you trying to insinuate that Marvin's emphasis on character is overrated based upon the minority of such individuals? I mean, I can understand wanting to turn the conversation away from Huggins' track record, but I will reiterate that Marvin tends to focus on character, whereas Huggins' recruits probably couldn't even spell it.

This isn't a great program in Cincinnati anymore and hasn't been for quite some time. To so blindly support Huggins is to accept the program's mediocrity, which is no different than simply being happy with the Bengals being a .500 team. Now I know all of you want - and now expect - more out of the Bengals; why not the Bearcats?

Guest reggiemyles_4_vp
[quote name='34inXXIII' date='May 14 2005, 02:45 AM']So are you trying to insinuate that Marvin's emphasis on character is overrated based upon the minority of such individuals?  I mean, I can understand wanting to turn the conversation away from Huggins' track record, but I will reiterate that Marvin tends to focus on character, whereas Huggins' recruits probably couldn't even spell it.

This isn't a great program in Cincinnati anymore and hasn't been for quite some time.  To so blindly support Huggins is to accept the program's mediocrity, which is no different than simply being happy with the Bengals being a .500 team.  Now I know all of you want - and now expect - more out of the Bengals; why not the Bearcats?
[right][post="92252"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
If Kenyon didn't break his ankle in 99 or 2000 whatever it was, would we still be saying that this is a mediocre program? I don't believe so. I think we would have won the championship that year. We were stacked. It was the kind of team Duke, Kentucky, UNC, get routinely. I think Huggins does as well as he can with the players he gets.

If he had a campus and facilities that Duke, UNC, etc have, not to mention a real conference, I think he would get better recruits and therefore be more successful. But he has to work with what he can get. I'm not a huge Huggins fan, I would prefer Nolan Richardson, but he should decide when he leaves. He's earned it.

Guest WHODEYNATION
i am a fan of huggs but if he isnt getting an extension it is best for the team if he is gone now...how will he be able to recruit anyone to come here when they know he will be gone the next year and why would he recruit anyone knowing he will be coaching elsewhere

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='reggiemyles_4_vp' date='May 14 2005, 10:01 AM']If Kenyon didn't break his ankle in 99 or 2000 whatever it was, would we still be saying that this is a mediocre program?  I don't believe so. I think we would have won the championship that year. We were stacked. It was the kind of team Duke, Kentucky, UNC, get routinely.  I think Huggins does as well as he can with the players he gets.

If he had a campus and facilities that Duke, UNC, etc have, not to mention a real conference, I think he would get better recruits and therefore be more successful. But he has to work with what he can get. I'm not a huge Huggins fan, I would prefer Nolan Richardson, but he should decide when he leaves. He's earned it.
[right][post="92286"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

And the Bengals would have won 3 Super Bowls if Paul Brown hadn't died.

It's pretty easy to claim championships based on speculation. Like maybe the Bearcats would have won a championship if they were a #1 seed. Oh wait...they were and they didn't. Didn't come close, in fact. Furthermore, louisville didn't seem to have a problem with not being in a "real" conference (and odd that such a great coach can't even seem to get his team into the final four of that conference's tournament). And how exactly do you propose that the university change the campus to improve the program? Should they just build a new one in the suburbs?

Comparisons to Duke & UNC? Here's an idea...how about putting some of your "student-athletes" into white collars after they finish their playing career instead of orange jumpsuits.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='May 14 2005, 02:08 AM']Bryan Robinson was once accused of sexually assaulting another man.

No shit????

Do you have a link? I've never heard about that.

It ZIMPHERBITCH cans Huggins now she is just a stupid CUNT!

She had the chance to do this last year, when he was arrested for DUI. If this happens now the timing would be awful! Who is she going to get to replace Huggins now? The big 'O', Kennedy?

As far as the people talking about Huggs drafting players with character issues, you can also look at another way. Huggs is giving some of these kids a second chance. Is there something wrong with that? Some of his players have went on to the NBA or working here in Cincinnati with the youth basketball programs.

Huggins has done more for UC basketball then any one before him other than the big 'O' (and he did it on the court). Sure he can be replaced, but it will be a sad day for most UC fans when Huggins leaves the program, even if it is under his conditions.

Maybe ZIMPHERBITCH can get rid of herself!

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='#22' date='May 14 2005, 12:14 PM']I love this irrational hatred of women that pops up from time to time.

Do you people treat your mothers this way?
[right][post="92314"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

If she tried to get Huggins fired ...

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='oldschooler' date='May 14 2005, 12:18 PM']If she tried to get Huggins fired ...
[right][post="92318"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Sadly, I believe that.

Guest Claptonrocks
ok let Huggins go and watch the program go right into the dumper... do you really think the alumni give a shit about whether the program has a few misfits?
the name of the game is to get to the big dance and revenues.. last i heard the revenues were coming from Huggins program....the alumi will block any moves associated with him not being resigned...

Archived