What to watch on TV next year

Jamie_B

[quote name='ArmyBengal' timestamp='1283742231' post='914823']
I don't have the patience nor schedule to indulge in serial shows. Therefore I tend to avoid most of the stuff listed here.

Only shows besides news and sports that I go out of my way to watch are both on BBC-America

Pawn Stars - History Channel
Top Gear - a British guys show about cars.
Doctor Who - wouldn't have thunk I would like it, 70s and 80s versions were so corny.
Pillars of the Earth - no idea what channel, I manage to catch it by mistake.
[/quote]
My two teenagers love Dr. Who. I've watched a few episodes with them, its pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1284729747' post='919509']
TV season started Wed. night with Survivor, and kicks into high gear Monday night with How I Met Your Mother, Hawaii Five-O, The Event and other shows returning or are new.
[/quote]

looking forward to it. Hawaii Five-O, The Event, Undercovers, Season 3 of Fringe

Perfect timing (of course) for the shows that just ended like Leverage, Dark Blue, Rookie Blue and Covert Affairs.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1284731876' post='919522']
looking forward to it. Hawaii Five-O, The Event, Undercovers, Season 3 of Fringe

Perfect timing (of course) for the shows that just ended like Leverage, Dark Blue, Rookie Blue and Covert Affairs.
[/quote]

I believe in December there will be 3 episodes of "Leverage" to officially wrap up the season.

my "I watch too much TV" post for the day:

Great Hawaii Five-O premiere.

Undercovers was also a pretty good premiere.

The Event has me intrigued, but I thought the premiere was sloppily put together. I could follow it, but they made a point to jump around too much.

My Generation was pretty interesting. I enjoyed it but I'm curious to see how they can continue it in the format its in.

Chase was pretty good, but its also up against Hawaii Five-O. Will have to keep up with it on Hulu, but I could see where I don't for long as its the type of show where you can miss a week and not be lost.

Want to catch up on Nikita, but will also probably be a Hulu-watch for me since its up against Fringe.

No Ordinary Family premieres Tuesday.

Returning/current shows:

Pretty good Fringe premiere tonight. Its a show that continues to eveolve, which is a good thing.

Human Target is back next Friday. Pretty excited, but wonder what Fox's plan is. They usually send shows to Friday to die.

[quote name='Enon Bengal' timestamp='1285360938' post='922177']
House was a yawner Monday night, Fringe slighly less so Thursday night.

Supernatural is on tonight!! We watched the first five seasons on dvd over the summer. It's my new favorite show.
[/quote]

I have recorded so much TV this week, it's ridiclious.

I have at least 4 episodes of Dark Blue to watch (was it on this past Wed. night), Law and Order: SVU, Chase, Undercovers, The Event, My Generation, Fringe, and a few reality shows.

I watched Big Bang Theory live (got over 13 million viewers last night), it was funny to see Penny being the 3rd wheel. House was OK, at least it was different than most of the episodes throughout the series.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1285558197' post='923342']
Anybody check Dex out tonight?
[/quote]

Not yet. I don't have Showtime. But I am getting ready to watch it now.

[url="http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/dexter-my-bad/x9xTPthd31MVh7THVz5z6g"]http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/dexter-my-bad/x9xTPthd31MVh7THVz5z6g[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1285595831' post='923474']
Not yet. I don't have Showtime. But I am getting ready to watch it now.

[url="http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/dexter-my-bad/x9xTPthd31MVh7THVz5z6g"]http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/dexter-my-bad/x9xTPthd31MVh7THVz5z6g[/url]
[/quote]
What did you think? I couldn't tell which side i was leaning on. I don't think it was as good as some of the others openings have been. But it looks like he will be playing a little more loose than normal, which could make this season far more interesting. I also think that the writers are trying to make it seem like there will be a problem between Quin and Dexter, but in the end I don't think there will be.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1285621506' post='923657']
What did you think? I couldn't tell which side i was leaning on. I don't think it was as good as some of the others openings have been. But it looks like he will be playing a little more loose than normal, which could make this season far more interesting. I also think that the writers are trying to make it seem like there will be a problem between Quin and Dexter, but in the end I don't think there will be.
[/quote]

I liked it. What really got me was him killing the guy in the bathroom, without it meeting his "code"
and being spur of the moment.

And I think they are just building up a "he may get caught" scenario like they do every season.

I give it a B+ to A- overall.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1285621846' post='923661']
I liked it. What really got me was him killing the guy in the bathroom, without it meeting his "code"
and being spur of the moment.

And I think they are just building up a "he may get caught" scenario like they do every season.

I give it a B+ to A- overall.
[/quote]
Yeah, him going nuts was awesome. The scream made hair stand up on my arms. Makes me wonder what is going to happen with the dead guy in the bathroom though. Whether it will come back to haunt him, or it will just disappear altogether since the island seemed to be nearly stranded.

I think this will be the most compelling season yet. I hope they can extend it out a whole another season. This show is so damn good.

• 2 weeks later...
So what are you still watching?

How I Met Your Mother

The Event

Hawaii Five-O

No Ordinary Family

Undercovers

Terriers (half-assedly)

Fringe

Nikita

My Generation would be on the list as well, but I just found out its already been cancelled after 2 episodes. Usually on as we speak.

Human Target is back tomorrow night.

Archived