Metal Fans....

Quaker

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='23 May 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1274648038' post='889763']
they are performing at ROTR today. there were a ton of shirts for them. todays card for ROTR is good too. i wish i could have gone.
[/quote]
Tried to win some tix. Would have been nasty. Would have never been able to get off work though.

not about to start a new thread or anything so i'll just vent my frustration here.

FUCK THIS GODDAMN DAY, could it have been more fucking irritating???????????????????????????????????????????//

The other guy at work has PLENTY OF FUCKING MONEY WRENCHED (AND TO WRENCH SITTING OVER IN #6), AND THEN GOES AND TAKES MY FUCKING JOB....AND THEN WHAT DO THEY DO, THEY ACTUALLY SELL SOME SERVICE ON THE FUCKER. MOTHERFUCKER ALREADY HAS $1600+ FOR THE DAY AND TAKES MY PIDDLY ASS 19.99 OC AND THEN SOMETHING ACTUALLY GOT SOLD ON IT.....FUCK YOU MAN.

THEN THE PRICKS WHO SHOW UP AT 6:55, GOD I FUCKING HATE THAT SHIT. YOU'VE HAD 11.5 HOURS TO GET YOUR ASS IN HERE AND YOU PULL YOUR PIECE OF SHIT UP AT 6 FUCKING 55. HERE COMES THE GODDAMN DELIVERY TRUCK, ON A MONDAY FUCKING NIGHT OH AND HERE COMES SOME OTHER POS ON A FUCKING TOW. SO FUCKIN' MUCH FOR GETTIN OUT ON TIME.

HAD MY JOBS STOLEN, DIDN'T WRENCH ANY FUCKIN' MONEY AND GOT TO BE ONE WHO GOT BUTTFUCKED BY HAVING TO CLOSE AND DEAL WITH TOTAL LAST MINUTE BULLSHIT WHILE ASSHOLE GETS/STEALS ALL THE WORK AND LEAVES AT FUCKING 5.

FUCK YOU AGAIN DUDE, FUCK YOU.

AND THEN MY GIRL...YEAH....YEAH....

FIRST GODDAMN THING SHE SAYS TO ME.

"[size="4"]YOU DIDN'T ACT LIKE THAT AT WORK DID YOU??????"

[/size][size="2"]SHUT THE FUCK UP, NICE JOB PISSIN' ME OFF MORE. SHOVE IT.
[/size]
FUCK THIS FUCKIN' DAY.

[quote name='Quaker' date='24 May 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1274746665' post='889876']
not about to start a new thread or anything so i'll just vent my frustration here.

FUCK THIS GODDAMN DAY, could it have been more fucking irritating???????????????????????????????????????????//

The other guy at work has PLENTY OF FUCKING MONEY WRENCHED (AND TO WRENCH SITTING OVER IN #6), AND THEN GOES AND TAKES MY FUCKING JOB....AND THEN WHAT DO THEY DO, THEY ACTUALLY SELL SOME SERVICE ON THE FUCKER. MOTHERFUCKER ALREADY HAS $1600+ FOR THE DAY AND TAKES MY PIDDLY ASS 19.99 OC AND THEN SOMETHING ACTUALLY GOT SOLD ON IT.....FUCK YOU MAN.

THEN THE PRICKS WHO SHOW UP AT 6:55, GOD I FUCKING HATE THAT SHIT. YOU'VE HAD 11.5 HOURS TO GET YOUR ASS IN HERE AND YOU PULL YOUR PIECE OF SHIT UP AT 6 FUCKING 55. HERE COMES THE GODDAMN DELIVERY TRUCK, ON A MONDAY FUCKING NIGHT OH AND HERE COMES SOME OTHER POS ON A FUCKING TOW. SO FUCKIN' MUCH FOR GETTIN OUT ON TIME.

HAD MY JOBS STOLEN, DIDN'T WRENCH ANY FUCKIN' MONEY AND GOT TO BE ONE WHO GOT BUTTFUCKED BY HAVING TO CLOSE AND DEAL WITH TOTAL LAST MINUTE BULLSHIT WHILE ASSHOLE GETS/STEALS ALL THE WORK AND LEAVES AT FUCKING 5.

FUCK YOU AGAIN DUDE, FUCK YOU.

AND THEN MY GIRL...YEAH....YEAH....

FIRST GODDAMN THING SHE SAYS TO ME.

"[size="4"]YOU DIDN'T ACT LIKE THAT AT WORK DID YOU??????"

[/size][size="2"]SHUT THE FUCK UP, NICE JOB PISSIN' ME OFF MORE. SHOVE IT.
[/size]
FUCK THIS FUCKIN' DAY.
[/quote]

This is metal as hell.
:headbang:

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' date='23 May 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1274664223' post='889773']
Chrome Division comes to mind.

[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__KnL-OvtCg"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=__KnL-OvtCg[/url][/media]
[/quote]

I liked this. It reminds me of Motorhead...as in, [i]real[/i] metal.

Most of the metal bands I liked died a slow death due to commercial conquests, like Metallica and Megadeath, or ceased being a cohesive band after awhile (Pantera). To me, metal peaked with CD's like [i]Rust In Peace, Countdown to Extinction, Master Of Puppets, And Justice For All, Vulgar Display Of Power and Cowboys From Hell[/i]. But that's me. I like that really tight riffing style, with dry drums, a very crunchy, defined guitar sound and intelligent, powerful lyrics.

The new metal bands I have a hard time liking, especially ANY of the ones with the "Cookie Monster" vocals. I can dig the riffs, the drumming, the speed...but once the "singer" starts growling and screaming incoherent vocals, it loses my attention.

I like metal with a bit of melody. Or barring that, attitude. Or barring that, understandable (relatively speaking) lyrics. I miss my metal. Heck, I miss Iron Maiden from the 1980's.

Figured I'd mention this here since maybe some of you mentioned or are a fan of Slipknot... I'm not a fan myself, but it has been reported that their bassist, Paul Gray died Monday in an Iowa hotel. Metal musicians are dying left and right: Pete Steele, Dio, now Gray.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='24 May 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1274752353' post='889885']
To me, metal peaked with CD's like [i]Rust In Peace[/i]
[/quote]

Agree 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000069000000000000000%
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
:rock: :rock: :good: :049: :049: :049: :1287: :drinks: :thumbsup: :music_mini:
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

PS I crushed Holy Wars on Rock Band the other day (expert mode). I think I jizzed.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='23 May 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1274647258' post='889761']
i went to saturdays rock on the range (couldnt go today) and i have to say papa roach (i wanst a big fan of before) is one of the greatest live bands ever. they have me hooked for life after that performance.

killswitch engage is also amazing as hell live.

some other bands you could look into taht did a good job at rock on the range (some are metal and some are just rock):

sevendust did better than i expected
drowning pool had a great performance
violent soho was good
adelitas way was solid
halestorm was impressive live (chick lead singer)
skillet is good
helmet was good
[/quote]

I never cared for Papa Roach but he had a decent show. I didnt like him at all at the '08 ROTR. Killswitch was great as usual but they should have played the mainstage. Dono whats up with that.
I agree seven dust, drowning pool, halestorm, skillet, and helmet were pretty good but Violent Soho... are you serious? They had to ask people to cheer for them because nobody was.
5FDP sounded great, they sound so much better live with Jason Hook instead of Daryl Roberts. The guy is flawless.
Apocalyptica - meh, I thought the cello's were a cool opening gimmick. It wasnt a gimmick. Some original music might have been cool to hear but it was 95% covers. Props to the dude who broke his string and changed it in near record time.
Bullet for my Valentine- never heard them but they were just friggin great. I am a fan now. It was nice to see some technical playing out there for a change.
My personal highlights were Rob Zombie-(easily best show), Killswitch, 5FDP, Godsmack, Theory of a Deadman, Drowning Pool, Seether, and NonPoint-(the Jager stage didnt do them any justice at all).
I was very disappointed with Mastadon.
Limp Bizkit should never have headlined over Zombie. They prolly figured that its sunday night, who wants to stay that late anyways.

[quote name='sois' date='25 May 2010 - 11:17 AM' timestamp='1274804247' post='889970']
Agree 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000069000000000000000%
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
:rock: :rock: :good: :049: :049: :049: :1287: :drinks: :thumbsup: :music_mini:
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

PS I crushed Holy Wars on Rock Band the other day (expert mode). I think I jizzed.
[/quote]

I seen them earlier this year in Indianapolis. They were doing a Rust in Peace anniversary tour. They limited it to only 20 shows and played the entire album front to back. It was fantastic. They used the exact same stage as the original rust in peace tour. Afterwards, they had a Dave (Mustaine) and Dave (Ellefson) meet and greet. Mustaine ended up taking my buddy backstage after the line was emptied out and spoke to him about religion with Ellefson. I think they were trying to save him. The bastard didnt even mention his other 4 pals who were outside waiting that would have liked to have been introduced. Fucker. He had a personal voice recorder and recorded the entire episode. Mustaine probably would have kicked his ass had he known. We listened to it on the way home. It was a trip. -pun intended

[quote name='fritter' date='27 May 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1275003849' post='890479']
I seen them earlier this year in Indianapolis. They were doing a Rust in Peace anniversary tour. They limited it to only 20 shows and played the entire album front to back. It was fantastic. They used the exact same stage as the original rust in peace tour. Afterwards, they had a Dave (Mustaine) and Dave (Ellefson) meet and greet. Mustaine ended up taking my buddy backstage after the line was emptied out and spoke to him about religion with Ellefson. I think they were trying to save him. The bastard didnt even mention his other 4 pals who were outside waiting that would have liked to have been introduced. Fucker. He had a personal voice recorder and recorded the entire episode. Mustaine probably would have kicked his ass had he known. We listened to it on the way home. It was a trip. -pun intended
[/quote]

Put it on youtube. What was Ellefson doing there? I thought him and Mustaine were at odds?

[quote name='sois' date='28 May 2010 - 02:51 AM' timestamp='1275029487' post='890534']
Put it on youtube. What was Ellefson doing there? I thought him and Mustaine were at odds?
[/quote]
Apparently not anymore. He rejoined the band recently. Never thought I'd get to see him again with Megadeth but I lucked out. I couldn't believe how short those guys are. I've been trying to talk my buddy into posting that audio but he won't. It was funny hearing Mustaine saying you dont have to be a pussy to believe in God. You dont expect to hear that from him.

[quote name='fritter' date='29 May 2010 - 09:47 AM' timestamp='1275151647' post='890737']
Apparently not anymore. He rejoined the band recently. Never thought I'd get to see him again with Megadeth but I lucked out. I couldn't believe how short those guys are. I've been trying to talk my buddy into posting that audio but he won't. It was funny hearing Mustaine saying you dont have to be a pussy to believe in God. You dont expect to hear that from him.
[/quote]

I thought Mustaine was tall?

Candlemass (Doom Metal)
Catacombs (Funeral/Doom Metal)
Lacrimosa (Gothic Metal)
My Dying Bride (Doom Metal)
Nightwish (Symphonic/Operatic Metal)
Therion (Symphonic/Operatic Metal)
Virgin Black (Death/Doom/Operatic Metal)

[quote name='Actium' date='01 June 2010 - 03:36 PM' timestamp='1275424601' post='891046']
Candlemass (Doom Metal)
Lacrimosa (Gothic Metal)
[/quote]

im guessing you arent all smiles...lol

[quote name='Actium' date='01 June 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1275424601' post='891046']
Candlemass (Doom Metal)
Lacrimosa (Gothic Metal)
[/quote]

Candlemass - classic

Virgin Black is definitely a matter of taste. I actually like listening to them at night while relaxing; lots of piano interludes... good stuff. Sombre Romantic and Elegant...and Dying are two haunting and elegant masterpieces.

[quote name='cms' date='07 June 2010 - 08:08 AM' timestamp='1275912507' post='891890']
Try this on for size!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mV_HHL-h6g[/media]
[/quote]

I know Volbeat is said to give a few nods towards the 50s and 60s rock within their own style of metal, but were they actually [i]trying[/i] to create a metal version of Cash's Folsom Prison Blues? The chorus has a striking similarity to it in terms of the vocal melody.

[quote name='Actium' date='01 June 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1275424601' post='891046']
Candlemass (Doom Metal)
Catacombs ([b]Funeral/Doom Metal[/b])
Lacrimosa (Gothic Metal)
[/quote]

I think there might be something wrong with me, I smiled when I saw there was a genre called Funeral Metal.

PS. I listened to that band on Youtube. It was cookie monster garbage.

PS2. That band Therion sounded a little bit glorious.

Archived