Tigers pitcher FUCKED out of a perfect game

Perfect game through 8 and 2/3rds, grounder to the right of the first baseman, gloves it throws it to the pitcher for the final out of a perfect game.

But WAIT, the ump calls him safe. Close call but replays show he was definitely out. Final out of a perfect game, if its close you have to give it to the pitcher.

MIguel cabrera starts bitching at the ump all throughout the next at bat, game ends everyone gets in the umps face.

Pretty crazy stuff.

That ump MUST have put money on the perfect game being broken up (in between innings).. no WAY do you blow a call that obvious, especially on the last out. No way.

If there was ever a time for MLB to go back and overturn a call, this is it. He got the next out anyway. MLB should be ashamed of itself, and that ump just robbed that kid of something that would have been the highest achievement of his life.

Wow.

I think they should overturn it, take the hit away from that batter - thus dropping his average, and the next batter up just has the complete at bat taken away from him. And he gets a perfect game...

but they won't do it.

Hell, if I was the batter that was just called safe I'd turn to the umpire and be like "are you serious?", "I was out by a step...", "are you sure?"...

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Armando-Galarraga-receives-a-Corvette-consolatio?urn=mlb,245508#more_share_tools"]Armando Galarraga receives a Corvette consolation prize[/url]

Hell, I would be happy the Ump fucked up the call.
That car is suh-wheat.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='03 June 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1275602600' post='891470']
[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Armando-Galarraga-receives-a-Corvette-consolatio?urn=mlb,245508#more_share_tools"]Armando Galarraga receives a Corvette consolation prize[/url]

Hell, I would be happy the Ump fucked up the call.
That car is suh-wheat.
[/quote]
No doubt. Perfect game goes in the record books with the other 20 ones. Corvette goes in the drive-way. He wins.

• 4 weeks later...

Meh, perfect smurfect. Until a pitcher strikes out 27 straight batters on 81 pitches, with no batter making even enough contact to foul one off, don't talk to me about "Perfect". :)

Words have meaning. Ask the Hatian boat people who believed candidate Clinton when he promised that once he was elected they'd all be welcome on our shores. Ask all the "African Americans" who live in countries such as Canada ("African Canadian?" don't make me laugh). There are lots and lots of examples where words with their own intrinsic meaning have been co-opted to mean something less, or something else entirely.

So while getting 27 straight batters out is a remarkable feat, it's hardly "perfect".

Now, get off my lawn!

Archived