World Cup Fantasy League

http://worldfantasy.soccernet.espn.go.com/app/start.jsp

Go here, join the game, create your team, go to my leagues, Go-Bengals and the password is bengals. Already got my 442 running. 3 players per country is the limit.

Scoring system is as follows

All players
Player is lined up in starting eleven 2
Player appears as sub during the game 1
Key contribution * (Assist) 2
Yellow card -1
Red Card -3
Penalty miss -3
Own goal -2
Goalkeeper
Clean Sheet 4
Goal conceded -1
Goal scored 10
Penalty save 3
Every 3 shots saved by a goalkeeper 1
Defender
Clean Sheet 4
Goal conceded -1
Goal scored 8
Midfielder
Clean Sheet 1
Goal scored 6
Striker
Goal scored 4

And you choose a captain every week and his points are doubled. Don't Tread on Red already in!

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' date='09 June 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1276118807' post='892372']
Well, that was hard...

Honestly some of my picks are shots in the dark.

Kicking around which formation to use. Still have a day and a half to figure that out.
[/quote]
Yeah they were. I almost went with a 3-4-3. Still might. I want to play Vela, cause I think he is going to have a good cup, but I'm just not sure..

If you or Starkesn know anyone else who wants to play..invite them up! The more the better!

Decided on a formation for Week 1. The good thing about the scoring system is that you might not really need to know much about a player but as long as they're from a good team, at least defenders and in some respect midfielders.

Surprising, I have no players from Argentina. Only 1 country do I have 3. I have 3 USA defenders (JUST KIDDING). I do have 2 Americans.

We are now less than 12 hours away!

Ugh...I forgot to name a captain for Week 1...DUH

I think there might be a problem with scoring. They added 3 points from 2 of my bench players into my total. Rules say only your starting XI count.

4 players down so far. Hard to tell how that really stacks up since there are several games left in this GameWeek.

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' date='14 June 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1276493036' post='892909']
I think there might be a problem with scoring. They added 3 points from 2 of my bench players into my total. Rules say only your starting XI count.
[/quote]

I figured it out. If your bench players play before someone in your XI, they will count until your starter actually plays. Could be better, could be worse.

• 2 weeks later...
You guys quit!

After they adjusted Casillas' score for a penalty save, I ended up with a 50 point week for the Quarters. But the leaders are averaging around 55 points for every week. That's insane. Talk about having the knack for predicting who is going to score and who will have clean sheets!

Have to wait 4 more years for a WC, that sucks. Does ESPN or somebody else do this for the EPL or Primera? I would probably do one for the Women's WC next year.

Archived