The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Missed the whole game. Knew it was bad news when I saw Findlay Ricardo and Bornstein starting. What a bummer..

LD and Jozy should be playing somewhere in England after this tourney. If Jozy puts it all together..we have the next Didier Drogba.

One last thing though..how can you justify not starting Benny or Edu. I mean..how the fuck Bob? Even Bornstein looks like shit out there as he did in qualifying. Even Findley over Buddle has me scratching my head.

So frustrating.

The next cycle will be LD's, Gooch's(if he makes it), Clint's and Tim's. We have to make something happen and it sucks we have to wait four years to see it happen.

Bring me Jurgen Klinsmen.

[quote name='JC' date='27 June 2010 - 10:28 AM' timestamp='1277652539' post='894855']
Gonna be tough for anyone to beat the Germans. They are just on fire right now. I can't even imagine what they would be doing to Bornstein right now.
[/quote]

That's a scary thought. Podolski would probably have scored 6 himself.

[quote name='JC' date='28 June 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1277702184' post='894889']
Can't believe we have to wait 4 more years. Especially when it will be #8 and 10's last WC. Just really, really sucks.
[/quote]

I know what you mean. Long journey between World Cups. I'm actually looking forward to the Women's WC too. We will be one of the favorites. That will be next year.

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' date='28 June 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1277774003' post='895030']
I know what you mean. Long journey between World Cups. I'm actually looking forward to the Women's WC too. We will be one of the favorites. That will be next year.
[/quote]
Just wish they could shorten it up somehow. I know it's not possible with all the club football going on, but it's such a short window for the guys.

I just think my main fear is that we won't find another Landon or Clint. That some of the young guys won't pan out like Gil, just like Adu. Or Jozy doesn't maximize his potential. The US has just been so dependent on those two, well at least Landon for such a long, long time. All this while Mexico is sending guys to Barca and Man U. It's just a scary thought that if we start to fail to make the WC, we will see soccer in this country dwindle, especially now that it's at an all-time high.

I think it really all starts with giving Bob the ax, simply for the way he plays not to lose. ie. Rico over Feilhaber, even Edu who was much superior to him. Rico just stunk..so bad. Or never giving Castillo a shot when he was in great form with his club, while Bornstein was busy giving free rides into the box and own goals. He was such a liability out there, and Bob continued to force him in there. Dolo was a great play on the right side over Spector. He was phenomenal this tournament. Good call. But forcing Findlay up top, when he continually did nothing and shit his pants when he got an opportunity. Buddle didn't look horrible in his time and he barely got any burn. Gomez should have been a super sub. We probably would have been better off with EJ out there. At least he was in some form.

I'm just so frustrated with how Bob played not to lose.

I don't know many foreign managers, but I do know that Klinsi could push this team into the right direction. Plus he has been over Landon before and has had success in the tournament.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' date='02 July 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1278086184' post='895579']
Fantastic game by the Netherlands. I love seeing Brazil sent home. :on_the_quiet:
[/quote]
Plus, the Dutch are more fun to watch than Brasil under Dunga. He has taken all the spice out of their attack. The Dutch Rudders are going to go to the finals. Far more talented than Uru/Ghana.

What a game. Good to see Suarez sent off. Entertaining player, but too much diving and complaining for me. Probably should have gotten a red for diving.

Ghana completely screwed, but should have converted the PK. Guess we will see in 5 minutes who will be playing the Dutch.

[quote name='JC' date='02 July 2010 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1278104794' post='895615']
What a game. Good to see Suarez sent off. Entertaining player, but too much diving and complaining for me. Probably should have gotten a red for diving.

[b]Ghana completely screwed,[/b] but should have converted the PK. Guess we will see in 5 minutes who will be playing the Dutch.
[/quote]

Make that penalty kick and it's over. They screwed themselves.

THat must have been the budweiser sign in the crowd trick. How can a pro miss a PK THAT bad? Jeesssssssssssuusss.

Uruguay gonna get the dick from the Dutch. No Suarez, tired legs. Fucked.

Gyan...dude, sucks to be you right now. The whole ending was quite bizarre. Suarez taking the red and saving the goal was so huge. Suarez dives and complains WAY too much (he's pretty annoying) but I like Diego Forlan and was rooting for Uruguay. Muslera guessed right on all 4 Ghana attempts and got his hand on 2 of them. That's pretty good for the baby-faced keeper.

And on the U.S. side of things...Bradley HAS to go. The reasons have been talked about in various threads in this forum forever.

Archived