* Poor, server bill due shortly, any help appreciated *

[quote name='Quaker' date='03 July 2010 - 05:35 AM' timestamp='1278153336' post='895646']
Some ideas...

You could sell your Bengals shoes.
You could not spend $1700/month on food.
Sell your season tickets.
How about that Mac Pro computer you bought recently, that was at least a couple grand.
Give up 1 of the 2 LCD TVs you have.
How about the 1/2 Grand you used for a surround sound system.
Sell your Xbox or Xbox games.

You buy all this shit. You tell us about it. You give lurid details about the 'luxury" and "entertainment" items you and your wife love. I mean, putting your kid in daycare takes away from your entertainment money, what a fucking tragedy.

I pay $900 a fucking month to send my daughter to daycare. You poor baby having to use "entertainment" money on your kids instead. Damn kids.

Then you have the gull to get on here and beg us for server money.

"Hey guys, look at my sweet ass Mac Pro, but I can I get some $ to pay for the site"

I'd never give you a penny.

I mean really. I'll never understand why people give you money after all the running around you do talking about all this great new shit you bought.

Insane.
[/quote]

Why all the bitterness--did Go sleep with your girlfriend?

What a miserable fucking asshole you must be. I hope he bans your freeloading ass from this site.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='02 July 2010 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1278089004' post='895594']
just got the notice, thanks!

middle name starts with a P eh?

paul?
patrick?
peter?
princess?
[/quote]

first guess

oh, and to TWM....did you enjoy your well deserved gangbang? you can go wipe yourself off now!

You're all so dumb. I love it. Why I enjoy still reading this place. (and don't bother with the ban fellas, I'll be back on here in like 2 minutes so don't bother)

Unfortunately for me, I never was a big internet community/forum person. Myspace, facebook, all that shit, screw that crap. I was little chipper in my earlier days here but since then I've had 2 things re-enforced. #1. I still really don't like internet/forum communities #2 A lot of people are idiots. Combine the 2, ouch. Ya'll can really go on about the TWM and Eric Henderson stuff all ya' like. Go ahead and hold on to some shit thats like 3 years old since ya'll having nothing that is current. Genius.

I really just don't spend much time getting to the crap on this site anymore. I'll come, I'll browse around, see if anything interesting has happened. Most of time I even hate reading threads and having to read ppls comments.

Continue with the macho act of giving me some internet beat-down or gang-bang or whatever.

And I'm not really a miserable person at all. But think I am if it makes you feel better.

Oh, and I DO have a morgtage. Gosh, dosen't whoever said that look fuckin' stupid. Yup, I understand a morgtate, bills, food, priorties, budgets, $900/month in daycare, yup I sure don't fucking get it, do I?

I stick by what I said. Why dosen't this guy give up some of his own shit to pay for his own bills. The hypocracy is just....it really is at this point entertaining to read.

Sorry, I just don't have a lot of symathy for a guy who runs around and talks about the luxury shit he loves to buy and how much he can blow on this or that and how much he needs to be entertainted and then can't even pay a legit bill when it comes. Maybe he could not eat out 25 times a month for dinner, put a little of it towards his own bills. It's called a stove, it's used to cook food.

WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN DAMN BILLS WHY SHOULD WE PAY THIS GUYS?

Like Go tells those folks who complain about season ticket prices. It's one day of working at McDonalds or some dumb shit. Go has no sympathy for the folks complaining about season tickets even if they are struggling college kids, why would anyone show him sympathy back is beyond me. Hey Go, get a job at McDonalds. Afford your server bill. You'd only have to work at McD's an extra day and about a half to afford that, it's not that much.

I actually had no idea Go paid for this site out of pocket. I thought he at least broke even with Ad money or something.

I haven't used my pay-pal in ages, do you still have to "have money" in your Pay-pal account to send a payment or is it possible to use a check card/credit card to send some $$$?

As ridiculous as Go can be, having this site > not having this site and I'd certainly throw in a few bucks to keep it going.

[quote name='Quaker' date='03 July 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1278204762' post='895715']
You're all so dumb. I love it. Why I enjoy still reading this place. (and don't bother with the ban fellas, I'll be back on here in like 2 minutes so don't bother)

Unfortunately for me, I never was a big internet community/forum person. Myspace, facebook, all that shit, screw that crap. I was little chipper in my earlier days here but since then I've had 2 things re-enforced. #1. I still really don't like internet/forum communities #2 A lot of people are idiots. Combine the 2, ouch. Ya'll can really go on about the TWM and Eric Henderson stuff all ya' like. Go ahead and hold on to some shit thats like 3 years old since ya'll having nothing that is current. Genius.

I really just don't spend much time getting to the crap on this site anymore. I'll come, I'll browse around, see if anything interesting has happened. Most of time I even hate reading threads and having to read ppls comments.

Continue with the macho act of giving me some internet beat-down or gang-bang or whatever.

And I'm not really a miserable person at all. But think I am if it makes you feel better.

Oh, and I DO have a morgtage. Gosh, dosen't whoever said that look fuckin' stupid. Yup, I understand a morgtate, bills, food, priorties, budgets, $900/month in daycare, yup I sure don't fucking get it, do I?

I stick by what I said. Why dosen't this guy give up some of his own shit to pay for his own bills. The hypocracy is just....it really is at this point entertaining to read.

Sorry, I just don't have a lot of symathy for a guy who runs around and talks about the luxury shit he loves to buy and how much he can blow on this or that and how much he needs to be entertainted and then can't even pay a legit bill when it comes. Maybe he could not eat out 25 times a month for dinner, put a little of it towards his own bills. It's called a stove, it's used to cook food.

Like Go tells those folks who complain about season ticket prices. It's one day of working at McDonalds or some dumb shit. Go has no sympathy for the folks complaining about season tickets even if they are struggling college kids, why would anyone show him sympathy back is beyond me. Hey Go, get a job at McDonalds. Afford your server bill. You'd only have to work at McD's an extra day and about a half to afford that, it's not that much.
[/quote]

I'm the one that mentioned a mortgage, you douchetwaddle. Why don't you create a non-official Bengals website? For free? Why not?

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' date='03 July 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1278207673' post='895721']
I actually had no idea Go paid for this site out of pocket. I thought he at least broke even with Ad money or something.

I haven't used my pay-pal in ages, do you still have to "have money" in your Pay-pal account to send a payment or is it possible to use a check card/credit card to send some $$?

As ridiculous as Go can be, having this site > not having this site and I'd certainly throw in a few bucks to keep it going.
[/quote]

I think the ads more than cover the fees during the season, but the offseason doesn't provide much since less of the casual fans show up on the boards.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' date='03 July 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1278207673' post='895721']

I haven't used my pay-pal in ages, do you still have to "have money" in your Pay-pal account to send a payment or is it possible to use a check card/credit card to send some $$$?

[/quote]

If you have a CC or bank account registered the money will just come out of that account.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' date='03 July 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1278207673' post='895721']

I haven't used my pay-pal in ages, do you still have to "have money" in your Pay-pal account to send a payment or is it possible to use a check card/credit card to send some $$?

[/quote]

The cool thing about Ryan is that even though he's mostly a level-headed guy, he can still ban your ass.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='03 July 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1278214907' post='895730']
Oh and as far as the internet tough guy routine, ironic considering I'm fairly certain you would say none of that person to person.
[/quote]

best not to feed the attention whore.

bahahahahah, i havent been here in a few hours up to a day perhaps? just caught up on a page+ of fun.

and yea, i COULD toss the server bill on a credit card, but i have been tossing the water bill and groceries on those, and dont want to run my balance up too high to my limit and make my credit drop, so i asked for some help, which i do about once a year-18 months... its typically june/july .. the costs average to about $350/month, but some of that is the recurring support and upgrades for the forum software, and doesnt really count the video editing and HD capture cards and all that mess, which i only use for bengals stuff, ... as for the ads revenue... long ago, it was amazing, 2-3 drafts ago i made $150 on those two draft days alone.. and $900 that one month.. the ad market flushed with the economy, companies arent paying much for whore advertising campaigns, which is all forums are good for really. whoring your brand to the same crowd month after month..

last two years i made about $275-325/month sometimes $400-500 on good months.. which id toss into the server bill i carry a credit there whenever possible, then i pay the IPB renewal costs from the checking the ad money goes into, and just transfer the cash from my account to cover the rest.. last month ads generated $115-ish, and secondary generated $40-50ish, i had the forum renewals come up in june(also in december) and ran $65 for this go round, so here i am...

as for quaker, no worries, no one asked you for anything, i asked for anyone who could, clearly you cant, if you couldnt afford to provide for your daughter, perhaps you should have thought that one through..? i did, unfortunetly i didnt plan on my mother dying, she retired from her job to help us with our first the week we found out.... but thats life right? so i made a move, it was go time and the opportunity was there, i got a wodnerful home for my family and moved away from a painful place, we figured my wife could transfer easily and i couldnt, she made $12k more than me a year, it turned out the opposite, so we are short about a grand a month than expected, but thats life... it happens, so i work whatever overtime i can, she does whatever photography she can, and here we are... I, like you, value the things my family needs more than a football site.. so if the downhill spiral continues, the site would be the thing to go first..

i must personally apologize to you, for when i was debt free, car payment free, had no childcare costs, and got a $7,000 tax return a few years ago that i bought my wife and I new macbook pros, we also got a time capsule to backup, and two external drives for photos and media, clearly again, i should have figured within two years, there would be a $58,000 swing in income to debt ratio..

how bitter are you to complain that someone asked for help to cover a hobby site if people had some extra cash and wanted too.. hahaha..

there are folks who have talked many times about not being able to afford things for family or entertainment for themselves who sent me $5-10, do you know how amazing that is and how great of a feeling it is that i have spent years building something, hours of my time daily, that people enjoy to a level that theyll shell out whatever extra cash they could to help it out?

i can see and know that there are many great people here, some of which i have met and consider friends, what you think of me means very little, nothing actually, the only thing what you wrote accomplishes is my appreciation for those who wanted to help, i have donated to many sites, whether they answered a question i had or helped fix a problem, etc.. i have seen many great posters here lose their jobs and go through hard times, hell when ad money was good and we had two incomes the site and I bought old a new computer to resolve all the browsing issues he had, he does so much here it would be foolish not to..elflock helps me with the server all the time, backer has helped with graphics stuff, bunghole lightened the server load by deleting hundreds of users, beotch helped print some shirts back in the day, bengals fan #9 helped me with my car repairs, mongo referred me to a tax friend of his who helped me with some tax stuff, raydogg got me into draft parties for club invites only, and many more(sorry if i left you out)

there are dozens if not hundreds of great people here, many users help others, whether its a computer problem advice on house stuff, personal stuff business stuff..

no one is forcing you to pretend to be a decent person..... it takes a special person to make a long winded strong attempt to put someone down for simply asking to chip in on a server bill....

lets hope you have something more useful to say about football...

as for those who wanted to help out and did, and even those who couldnt, it really does mean a lot, i would have never thought i would get this much action.. as fruity as it may sound its been heart warming to know people enjoy it here and care enough to do whatever they can to help out.

I will make an attempt to match up the paypals with usersnames and thanks you all individually, but if i miss you, i apologize and want you to know it means the world to me that you wanted to help out..

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' date='04 July 2010 - 02:41 AM' timestamp='1278207673' post='895721']

[color="#2e8b57"]As ridiculous as Go can be[/color], [color="#ff0000"]having this site > not having this site[/color] and [color="#800080"]I'd certainly throw in a few bucks to keep it going.
[/color][/quote]

Green - Ah, so I am really not the only one.
Red - How many Bengals MBs are there? A place like this is not unique.
Purple - Why? Based on green, why? Why would you give your money to a guy who acts the way he does, with total disrespect for most other people.

As to the cost of this site.

I'm really not concerned that it costs $ to run this place. He made the decision to upgrade to different servers and such, let alone simply run the site. He can take care of it. It's his problem. I could easily donate, easily. Him not him $$ to pay his bill is not my problem however.

My problem really is just with a guy who is as liberal/wasteful with money as he is, then comes on here and asks for...money. No one else thinks thats just a little fucked up? We all have problems, we all have issues with income. Some of us are prepared for when tough times hit. Some of us plan for when things might go in the tank a little bit. Why should I (or any of you) be stuck footing the bill for a guy who can't organize priorties. Some of us don't get in over our heads.

[quote name='Quaker' date='04 July 2010 - 06:41 AM' timestamp='1278240092' post='895740']
We all have problems,[...]
[/quote]
Wow. You can say that again.

It's a community. Made possible by Go. Even you are welcome here.

Now that that's cleared up, let's all sing and dance to celebrate our own little corner of the world:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiDC9t-RF1k[/media]

I'll add a few thoughts here.

To be sure...this board on its face, is simply an internet message board. The news,opinions,etc can be had anywhere in cyberspace. It is indeed, a hobby spot--a luxury place. But the fact that it is first-class--organized by gifted, committed, people who throw their numerous talents full-bore into the running of the operation...sets it apart from the norm.

This is not only patently obvious, but also a reminder that such an operation has a cost--not just in money, but in the area that really costs the most: time. This is where I have the utmost in respect for Ryan and the rest of the core group of contributors: the cost in time is one that--even if it could be measured--can not be fully appreciated by those who partake of their efforts, myself included.

After the implosion of Huddles, a group led by SuperCat created another site. He poured a lot of his resources and time into that creation. I know, personally, how much that cost him. But he did it out of commitment--same as Ryan. One of our goals was to have a familial interaction with at least one other board, and this became that place. We flow freely back and forth...and have never once been considered "outsiders" here. For that, I will always be grateful. We may not always agree...but then again, what family ever completely does?

And FWIW...in the end, it comes down to people. And these here are good people. No, an internet message board does not have the solution for establishing world peace or curing disease, but they can help establish connections between people. And isn't that what it's all about anyway?

I have had the pleasure of meeting many here, and look forward to meeting many more in the future. Thanks, friends.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='04 July 2010 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1278216071' post='895733']

bunghole lightened the server load by deleting hundreds of users
[/quote]

Revisionist history!

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Quaker' date='03 July 2010 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1278204762' post='895715']

[/quote]

*sigh*

Why would you "be back in 2 minutes" if you don't like internet communities/forums
and a lot of people here are idiots? Why not do everyone involved a favor and fade away
into oblivion? And you could be banned permenantly. Just because Go let you come back
after wishing death upon his family, does not mean you could not be banned over and
over and over and over (get the point?) again. It takes less time to ban someone than
it does for them to "come back". There is a lot that could be done to keep you off this
site, that you hate so much, that was not done before.

Go isn't telling people they have to pay. He asked if they could help. If you can, great it is appreciated.
If you can't it is understood. If you don't want to, still understood. Hell, you can even not want to, be an a-hole and let
everyone know (YOU), and still have the same benefits.

Go isn't asking people to help pay for his season tickets. He asked people if they could
help pay for something that THEY (yourself included) get entertainment from.

Go did not say he couldn't pay the bill. He asked if others would help him pay it.

Give it a rest. There are people here that actually do like internet communities/forums.
Some here actually look at others here as friends. Some here actually appreciate
the place Go has created.

Jason sent me a DVD of an HBO special about the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry.
Used his own money and time to do so. Never asked for a thing in return.
Jason also has a draft contest that he himself provides the funds for.

Backer sent me a Go-Bengals t-shirt. Again, used his own money to do so.
Never asked for anything in return.

Go bought me a fucking computer while he was in the process of looking to relocate.
He offered without even being asked. He did so without even blinking.

I spend a lot of time looking for articles and info for this site. It benefits the one's that
appreciate my time and effort, as much as the one's that do not and think I am a dickhead.
The same could be said of Go. He has spent a lot of time effort and money to help make
this The Best Bengals Site on the Net! The ones that appreciate it, will show him there
appreciation when they can/are asked. The ones that don't give a rat's ass still get the
same benefits. The ones that are pissed because some people are helping out, again,
get the same benefits. So you see. No one is being told they should pay. They are being asked
to help pay for something they benefit from. People that are paying aren't getting any extra
benefits. They are just showing appreciation. You can't see that, because you have none.
Fine. The part that gets me though, is you are actually pissed because some are willing to help
if they can, for something you use, and obviously enjoy. Again, why "come back in 2 minutes"
to something that you don't?

By the way. Happy 4th to all.

[quote name='Quaker' date='03 July 2010 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1278204762' post='895715']
[b]Ya'll can really go on about the TWM[/b] and Eric Henderson stuff all ya' like. Go ahead and hold on to some shit thats like 3 years old since ya'll having nothing that is current[/quote]

[quote name='GoBengals' date='03 July 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1278216554' post='895735']
oh and i dont THINK quaker is TWM, i have forgotten by this point, its either him or a dicknose from huddles or somewhere...

i thought he was once, dont remember if i was right or wrong or remembering someone else...
[/quote]

It is him.

I just sent some scratch. (Hopefully it doesn't interfere with my well over $1000 per month daycare payment)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go back to icing my yam bag.***

***This may be too much info, but it's about as relevant as Quaker's rectally prolapsed post.

[quote name='Quaker' date='04 July 2010 - 06:41 AM' timestamp='1278240092' post='895740']
Green - Ah, so I am really not the only one.
Red - How many Bengals MBs are there? A place like this is not unique.
Purple - Why? Based on green, why? Why would you give your money to a guy who acts the way he does, with total disrespect for most other people.

As to the cost of this site.

I'm really not concerned that it costs $ to run this place. He made the decision to upgrade to different servers and such, let alone simply run the site. He can take care of it. It's his problem. I could easily donate, easily. Him not him $$ to pay his bill is not my problem however.

My problem really is just with a guy who is as liberal/wasteful with money as he is, then comes on here and asks for...money. No one else thinks thats just a little fucked up? We all have problems, we all have issues with income. Some of us are prepared for when tough times hit. Some of us plan for when things might go in the tank a little bit. Why should I (or any of you) be stuck footing the bill for a guy who can't organize priorties. Some of us don't get in over our heads.
[/quote]

did I miss the part where Go's forcing anyone to donate? He could just make it a pay site.

How about we not and try and hide your personal beef with Go and your own personal issues (thanks for breeding btw) behind some facade of "personal responsibility".

Go's not forcing anyone to do anything, and as much as I don't like his opinion 90% of the time, he's gone out of his way to build this place up to what it is. Why did he get the upgraded servers? Maybe because this place is popular and has grown to over 5000 members.

Oh, and maybe he'd have more money for the server bill this month if he hadn't gone out of his way to buy Oldschooler a computer just because. Selfish bastard.

Archived