PS3 REVEALED !!!!

Guest BadassBengal

Your right the price is out of line.. RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ninja: well it seems the thing to do these days
and besides if it doesnt work out to be that much we could sue the japanese newspaper right?????? :ninja: :ninja:

i need to lay off the coffee

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='May 18 2005, 04:01 PM']No youll be able to play on lesser TVs.

[url="http://news.com.com/A+gaggle+of+new+games+for+Xbox+360+-+page+2/2100-1043_3-5709353-2.html?tag=st.next"]http://news.com.com/A+gaggle+of+new+games+...tml?tag=st.next[/url]
[right][post="93853"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
i realize this but one of the big selling points they have is that it is HD compatible.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='May 18 2005, 12:51 PM']Oh yes b/c I'd HATE another GTA game on a next gen console.....You serious?  These are some of the best games across any console and I'm all for ones to debut on the PS3.  I also read that developers for ps3 will NOT have to code for high def but xbox will, that will lead to more games coming out for ps3 quicker which hurts xbox.  xbox has a 6 month lead on sony and by what i've seen and heard, they'll need it.  i just hope sony matches the price of the xbox.  I know the specs are better but they must understand that xbox has a big advantage coming out in time for Christmas.
[right][post="93785"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

All of those game's prequels came out LESS than a year ago. I don't want the games if they have to rush em just to make the system's release...

Guest starkesn

X-BOX 360! The release of PS3 is doomed to fail. Why you ask? Because X-BOX plans to release HALO 3 on the exact same day! HA HA HA HA! Bill Gates is evil.. in a good way. :D

[quote name='starkesn' date='May 18 2005, 10:39 PM']X-BOX 360! The release of PS3 is doomed to fail. Why you ask? Because X-BOX plans to release HALO 3 on the exact same day! HA HA HA HA! Bill Gates is evil.. in a good way. :D
[right][post="93989"][/post][/right][/quote]

Really?? Link for Halo 3 info?

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='May 18 2005, 10:55 PM']Really?? Link for Halo 3 info?
[right][post="93996"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[url="http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/614/614437p1.html"]http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/614/614437p1.html[/url]

bill gates is evil...and i love it

ps3 comes out 6 months later...rummored to cost more than $100 than the highend xbox 360 launch system (the one with th 20 gb hard drive)...has halo 3 releasing for the 360 same day their system launches...and their systme DOESNT EVEN LOOK AS COOL...you gotta look cool...they are fucked

if sony thinks parents will fork over 450+ dollars for a video game system for their childs birthday or somethin liek that next spring...they are on some serious crack...noone else is gonan wanna fork over that moeny either but im just assuming alot of kids get their systems as gifts (atleast i usually did)

a $300 system i can understand(xbox 360 rumored price)....not $465 (ps3 rumored price)

[quote name='WhoDey48' date='May 18 2005, 11:24 PM'][url="http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/614/614437p1.html"]http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/614/614437p1.html[/url]

bill gates is evil...and i love it

ps3 comes out 6 months later...rummored to cost more than $100 than the highend xbox 360 launch system (the one with th 20 gb hard drive)...has halo 3 releasing for the 360 same day their system launches...and their systme DOESNT EVEN LOOK AS COOL...you gotta look cool...they are fucked

if sony thinks parents will fork over 450+ dollars for a video game system for their childs birthday or somethin liek that next spring...they are on some serious crack...noone else is gonan wanna fork over that moeny either but im just assuming alot of kids get their systems as gifts (atleast i usually did)

a $300 system i can understand(xbox 360 rumored price)....not $465 (ps3 rumored price)
[right][post="94004"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
give me a break, do you think sony is just going to sit there? dont be an adorable cuddly wuddly teddy bear. And the cheapest xbox is rumored at 300 and its a stripped down version. The regular one is rumored in the 360 range and maybe more. see post above.

P.S. not one of these systems is worth 300 or more. Its rediculous, especially since you can buy a xbox now for $150 and the playstation 2 slim for $150. If i was a parent, i would tell my kid there wasnt a chance they were gonna get it.

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 18 2005, 07:28 PM']All of those game's prequels came out LESS than a year ago. I don't want the games if they have to rush em just to make the system's release...
[right][post="93918"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

and they are going to have to

[quote name='whodey319' date='May 19 2005, 09:02 AM']give me a break, do you think sony is just going to sit there?  dont be an adorable cuddly wuddly teddy bear.  And the cheapest xbox is rumored at 300 and its a stripped down version.  The regular one is rumored in the 360 range and maybe more.  see post above. 

P.S. not one of these systems is worth 300 or more.  Its rediculous, especially since you can buy a xbox now for $150 and the playstation 2 slim for $150.  If i was a parent,  i would tell my kid there wasnt a chance they were gonna get it.
[right][post="94069"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

the only reason they are down to 150 is because gamcube released at 200 dollar before reducing their price to 150...so then bxox and playstation had to reduce there to 199...from 300...then gamecube went to 100 dolalrs so xbox and ps2 went down to 150 to compete...now with a new generation they are going back to the $300 launch price...liek several systems have released for

the stripped down version of the xbox wont have a hard drive...maybe not the wirless controller....an extra 60 bucks is worht the hard drive and wireless controllers

465 is by far way to much though...breaking the 400 dollar mark is too much...

[quote name='WhoDey48' date='May 19 2005, 11:02 AM']the only reason they are down to 150 is because gamcube released at 200 dollar before reducing their price to 150...so then bxox and playstation had to reduce there to 199...from 300...then gamecube went to 100 dolalrs so xbox and ps2 went down to 150 to compete...now with a new generation they are going back to the $300 launch price...liek several systems have released for

the stripped down version of the xbox wont have a hard drive...maybe not the wirless controller....an extra 60 bucks is worht the hard drive and wireless controllers

465 is by far way to much though...breaking the 400 dollar mark is too much...
[right][post="94111"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
i think they will all be under the 300 dollar mark since this is all speculation. I also think some of the stuff that comes as extras on these systems are a waste and just increase the price, at least for me. Are wireless controllers necessary? no, but they are a cool feature. Do i need these things to play DVD's? no, i already have a $150 DVD player hooked up to my TV that i play games on, especially since most people have DVD players now. I just think a lot of the things that make these systems "cool" are extra and just jack up the price. Alot of times these guys just go overboard trying to top the other, which is fine as long as they keep the price reasonable and $360 and $465 are not.

[quote name='whodey319' date='May 19 2005, 11:42 AM']i think they will all be under the 300 dollar mark since this is all speculation.  I also think some of the stuff that comes as extras on these systems are a waste and just increase the price, at least for me.  Are wireless controllers necessary?  no, but they are a cool feature.  Do i need these things to play DVD's? no, i already have a $150 DVD player hooked up to my TV that i play games on, especially since most people have DVD players now.  I just think a lot of the things that make these systems "cool" are extra and just jack up the price.  Alot of times these guys just go overboard trying to top the other, which is fine as long as they keep the price reasonable and $360 and $465 are not.
[right][post="94128"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

No wireless is great. I dont own DVD player. So having that feature makes it extremely nessasary for me.

[quote name='whodey319' date='May 19 2005, 11:42 AM'][b]i think they will all be under the 300 dollar mark since this is all speculation.[/b]  I also think some of the stuff that comes as extras on these systems are a waste and just increase the price, at least for me.  Are wireless controllers necessary?  no, but they are a cool feature.  Do i need these things to play DVD's? no, i already have a $150 DVD player hooked up to my TV that i play games on, especially since most people have DVD players now.  I just think a lot of the things that make these systems "cool" are extra and just jack up the price.  Alot of times these guys just go overboard trying to top the other, which is fine as long as they keep the price reasonable and $360 and $465 are not.
[right][post="94128"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

the playstation being $465 isnt really speculation...considering sony [b]officials [/b]were the ones who told the magazine thats what the cost would be

but anyways i find that the "extras" like wireless controllers and dvd playack are extremley useful and is part of why im willign to pay around 300 for a system

hopefully they will keep the systems aroudn $300 but im not sure if playstation can afford to keep the price aroudn $300...i would imagine all their new blue ray technology and shit has cost them some money and thats why they have to charge so much for the system...btu i dont really know...id liek them to have it around 300

[quote name='WhoDey48' date='May 19 2005, 01:23 PM']the playstation being $465 isnt really speculation...considering sony [b]officials [/b]were the ones who told the magazine thats what the cost would be

but anyways i find that the "extras" like wireless controllers and dvd playack are extremley useful and is part of why im willign to pay around 300 for a system

hopefully they will keep the systems aroudn $300 but im not sure if playstation can afford to keep the price aroudn $300...i would imagine all their new blue ray technology and shit has cost them some money and thats why they have to charge so much for the system...btu i dont really know...id liek them to have it around 300
[right][post="94157"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
sony did not release a price of $465, it was speculation in japan that the system would cost just under 50,000 yen. No pricing has actually been released and the rumors are actually based on converting this number to american dollars.

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='May 19 2005, 12:09 PM']No wireless is great. I dont own DVD player. So having that feature makes it extremely nessasary for me.
[right][post="94135"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
i didnt say wireless wasnt good, its just not necessary at all. And considering that most people have DVD players, its kinda the same deal. All of these features make the system better, but it doesnt have anything to do with actually making the games better. These are all extra things not associated with the actual gaming is all im trying to say.

[quote name='whodey319' date='May 19 2005, 03:43 PM']sony did not release a price of $465, it was speculation in japan that the system would cost just under 50,000 yen.  No pricing has actually been released and the rumors are actually based on converting this number to american dollars.
[right][post="94240"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

well its speculation comming from sony officials...so i would think that they know what they are talking about...and woudlent tell a magazine thats how muc hthey thought it would cost unless they had strong reason to believe that...such as knowing

but w/e...technically i guess its speculation but its speculation comming from people that coudl very well know what they may be planning on pricing the system

[quote name='WhoDey48' date='May 19 2005, 12:23 PM']the playstation being $465 isnt really speculation...considering sony [b]officials [/b]were the ones who told the magazine thats what the cost would be

[right][post="94157"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

no they didnt, none of that came from sonyt officials.

[quote name='WhoDey48' date='May 19 2005, 03:11 PM']well its speculation comming from sony officials...
[right][post="94260"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

dumbest thing i have ever read on here.

sony officals wouldnt specilate. thats foolishness. if they are sony officials. they would KNOW FOR A FACT. it was a magazine telling how much it is expected to be [b] IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY [/b]

it has ZERO relivance for us

the cell phone i have sitting on the table. cost me $250, in europe it sells at $449.

i will assume both xbox and PS3 will be identical in price. as they have always been, otherwise the cheaper one would be purchase all teh time. a $50 loss would be more than worth the sale of hundreds of thousands of units at a company loss to recoup with the game, accessory, and advertising dollars the units generate.

similar to wireless industry. we take a huge loss on phones, even the cheap freebee nokia phones cost around $100 for the company, give it for free, have them sign a contract, for $40/month, and profit is made over time. there is not a chance in hell either of these units are over $399 and quite frankly i see then about $350-375.

the last one was $300, its almost gotta be more than that. or maybe $300 and come with no game at all, so your forced to spend another $50 off the bat anyway.

xbox lost thier ass on the units, made thier profits from games, accessories, online feature, etc.

Guest BadassBengal

Despite all of the big numbers and such that Sony's been touting and pumping up, IGN shows that the most powerful console between the 360 and the PS3 most likely is.... the 360.... :blink: . Wouldn't have thunk it, but..... [url="http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html?fromint=1"]here's the link.[/url]
Anyways, Sony usually inflates their numbers big time before they let out their system, so that's pretty normal. But according the the article, it WAS Microsoft provided information, and I checked, and its not like they changed the numbers for any of the specs listed, but that fact is very interesting....

EDIT: seems as though MS might have changed some of their proposed specs for that article. Not sure though...

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='GoBengals' date='May 21 2005, 12:18 AM']and microsoft never lies.
[right][post="94806"][/post][/right][/quote]

Never.

:crazy:

But those numbers are something to look into. I mean, at the beginning of the last gen, Sony said that he PS2 would give us "Toy Story" graphics. And that, as you all know by now, didn't exactly happen, so.... I trust them much less.

Well Team Ninja released Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox because of it's hardware superiority for this generation of time wasters. They announced a sequel for release at e3 and didn't mention a platform so the speculators at ign speculate it's headed for the ps3. But you know what they say about assuming.

I'll translate PS3>360.

:ninja:

Logic dictiates that if a system is released significantly after a competetors console; that the late release would be more powerfull? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img]

All this talk of specs is nice i guess, but what matters the most to me is the games.

(in your best homer simpson impression)
GTA, MGS4, EA SPORTS, Oblivion.

You can keep halo.

Archived