PS3 REVEALED !!!!

Guest BadassBengal

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 18 2005, 12:16 AM']Yea. It looks kinda plain, in my opinion. They haven't really announced shit for it yet except for the usual Mario Party and Pokemon bullshit. So... yea. Hopefully they do something tomorrow...
[right][post="93633"][/post][/right][/quote]

It looks sweet! Simlicity is a good thing :)

I like how all these consoles are so small. That way I shouldn't have a problem hiding all of them in my entertainment center.

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 18 2005, 12:59 AM']No, there are actual game play vids and such going around that have all the bars and the HUD and such. I'm pretty sure, however, that most all the pics and vids that we've seen so far are in-game graphics. With the new systems coming out, they usually put make their trailers with their console's in-game graphics to show off their stuff. The games look THAT good. Lemme find you some links real quick...
- [url="http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/736/736206/vids_1.html"]Ghost Recon 2[/url]
Go to the diff pics and click on the "View Now" button under "Windows Media Player". All the WMP vids are free, but to see it in Quicktime, you have to subscribe.

-[url="http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747891/vids_1.html"]Gears of War[/url] - this one is CONFIRMED to be in game graphics, despite it being all cinematic...

-[url="http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/746/746530/vids_1.html"]Full Auto[/url]

That's about all I can find at the moment...
[right][post="93619"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

WOW that GR3 looks insanely good.

Can we press fast foward on life for a few months?? Im ready for this thing NOW

Guest BadassBengal
In all actuality, the real E3 starts tomorrow and ends on Friday. Today and Yesterday were just press conferences. The games and hands on impressions will start tomorrow, and thats when it bes gettin good....

yeah that video for FF7 looked fucking sweet. To bad the original playstation didnt look like that. I wonder if they will ever remake some of the older FF for the newer systems. IF i could pick 1 to remake it would be FF3 greatest gaming expience ever

Guest Matt_Six
Can someone give me the lowdown on Final Fantasy? I have never payed attention to it or any of the games because I thought it looked insanely stupid.

I played one of them once... for about 10 minutes, and suck,"Fuck this, it's a waste of time."

And, sometimes... all I hear about is Final Fantasy this, Final Fantasy that. AM I MISSING SOMETHING??? It reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh (the card game thing).

I have always played games like... Socom, Madden, MVP Baseball, Gauntlet (a little, but not as much), Grand Theft Auto, and Tekken.

Is Final Fantasy that good? Maybe I just don't understand the significance of the game????????

[quote name='Matt_Six' date='May 18 2005, 12:58 PM']Can someone give me the lowdown on Final Fantasy? I have never payed attention to it or any of the games because I thought it looked insanely stupid.

I played one of them once... for about 10 minutes, and suck,"Fuck this, it's a waste of time."

And, sometimes... all I hear about is Final Fantasy this, Final Fantasy that. AM I MISSING SOMETHING??? It reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh (the card game thing).

I have always played games like... Socom, Madden, MVP Baseball, Gauntlet (a little, but not as much), Grand Theft Auto, and Tekken.

Is Final Fantasy that good? Maybe I just don't understand the significance of the game????????
[right][post="93749"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

If your not into Role Playing games dont bother.... but if you are FF is one of the best, it's got deeply involved storylines that make it alot of fun to play. Too bad its only on PS2....because xbox owns.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='May 18 2005, 01:20 PM']If your not into Role Playing games dont bother.... but if you are FF is one of the best, it's got deeply involved storylines that make it alot of fun to play. Too bad its only on PS2....[b]because xbox owns[/b].
[right][post="93761"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah it does...

And FF is the greatest RPG series ever. It spans 4 systems and generations. I too at one point thought it was stupid. the first final fantasy i owned was 1 and it got as much play as i milly vinilly record. Which isnt much. But i grew up with the rest of the series and when 3 came out for the snes i was finaly old enough to grasp the concepts in the game. I mean it deals with so many issues as u travel through a world. ITs great!

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 16 2005, 08:42 PM']PS3 titles confirmed so far

Metal Gear Solid [b]4[/b]?
Devil May Cry [b]4[/b]?
Tekken [b]6!?[/b]
Gran Turismo [b]5[/b]?
Killzone [b]2[/b]?
GTA [b]4[/b]?

Are there any original ideas in the Sony camp at all? Good God...
[right][post="92974"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Oh yes b/c I'd HATE another GTA game on a next gen console.....You serious? These are some of the best games across any console and I'm all for ones to debut on the PS3. I also read that developers for ps3 will NOT have to code for high def but xbox will, that will lead to more games coming out for ps3 quicker which hurts xbox. xbox has a 6 month lead on sony and by what i've seen and heard, they'll need it. i just hope sony matches the price of the xbox. I know the specs are better but they must understand that xbox has a big advantage coming out in time for Christmas.

Guest Matt_Six
Role Playing Game, I know... But is it like...

I'm going to hit this guy with 15 power points with my broom stick handle. And then he goes down so many points? And you gain power points and stuff like that?

Kind of like the Pokemon games, I believe. ???

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='May 18 2005, 01:51 PM']Oh yes b/c I'd HATE another GTA game on a next gen console.....You serious?  These are some of the best games across any console and I'm all for ones to debut on the PS3.  [b]I also read that developers for ps3 will NOT have to code for high def but xbox will, that will lead to more games coming out for ps3 quicker which hurts xbox. [/b] xbox has a 6 month lead on sony and by what i've seen and heard, they'll need it.  i just hope sony matches the price of the xbox.  I know the specs are better but they must understand that xbox has a big advantage coming out in time for Christmas.
[right][post="93785"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

That depends on how Microsoft helps the developers with built in code to take advantage of in their particular games code so that they don’t have to write all the HDTV code and just use Microsoft’s code instead, and Microsoft is VERY good at providing that kind of stuff. So most likely it won’t effect delivery time of the games, and I for one am happy they are requiring it, it will make for a expected level of quality that I wouldn’t necessarily get with the other systems.

[quote name='Matt_Six' date='May 18 2005, 01:58 PM']Role Playing Game, I know... But is it like...

I'm going to hit this guy with 15 power points with my broom stick handle. And then he goes down so many points? And you gain power points and stuff like that?

Kind of like the Pokemon games, I believe. ???
[right][post="93790"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Sort of, you do go to battle scenes and choose your weapons and or magic and or creatures summoned like you would with a game like Magic the Gathering, but the big selling point of the FF series is that the stories are so damn good.

Whaaaat am I reading this right?!?!?!? FFXI on XBOX?!?!

[url="http://news.com.com/A+gaggle+of+new+games+for+Xbox+360/2100-1043_3-5709353.html?tag=nl"]http://news.com.com/A+gaggle+of+new+games+...353.html?tag=nl[/url]

I think I just creamed myself.

Here are the PS3's stats for those that wanted to know... ([url="http://news.com.com/PlayStation+3+stats+spotlighted/2100-1043_3-5709571.html?tag=nl"]Link[/url])

PlayStation 3 stats spotlighted
Published: May 16, 2005, 6:16 PM PDT
By CNET News.com Staff

TrackBack Print E-mail TalkBack
Wireless controllers, connection to the PSP and a powerful new graphics processor technology: Take a look at the PlayStation 3's performance specifications as provided by Sony.

CPU: Cell Processor
• PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
• 1 VMX vector unit per core
• 512KB L2 cache
• 7 x SPE @3.2GHz
• 7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
• 7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
• 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
• total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU
• RSX @550MHz
• 1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
• Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
• Multi-way programmable parallel pipelines

Sound
• Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)

Memory
• 256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
• 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth
• Main RAM: 25.6GB/s
• VRAM: 22.4GB/s
• RSX: 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s(read)
• SB: 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance
• 2 TFLOPS

Storage
• HDD: Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O
• USB: Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
• Memory Stick: standard/Duo, PRO x 1
• SD: standard/mini x 1
• CompactFlash: (Type I, II) x 1

Communication
• Ethernet: (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
• Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g
• Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller
• Bluetooth:(up to 7)
• USB2.0: (wired)
• Wi-Fi: (PSP)
• Network: (over IP)

AV Output
• Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
• HDMI: HDMI out x 2
• Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
• Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc media
• CD: PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM
• CD-DA: CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW
• SACDL: SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD
• DualDisc: DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
• DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PLAYSTATION 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video (DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW), Blu-ray Disc (PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE)

[quote name='whodey319' date='May 18 2005, 02:32 PM']It would be pretty badass if microsoft and sony got together and made one console (as long as pricing didnt get out of control).  Combining all their strong points would be rediculous.  But im just fantasizing
[right][post="93814"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Not sure I agree, competition drives innovation.

ps3 said to be about [u][b]$465[/b][/u]

"According a an article published in the May 17th edition of Japan's Mainichi Shimbun, the PlayStation 3 could be one of the most expensive mass-market videogame consoles ever created. Officials from Sony apparently told the newspaper that PlayStation 3s would sell in Japan for "less than 50,000 yen each." That translates to about $465 US dollars. "

that is definatley ridiculous...

[url="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615745p1.html"]http://ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615745p1.html[/url]

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='May 18 2005, 02:46 PM']Not sure I agree, competition drives innovation.
[right][post="93817"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
if you notice my post it says combining the best of both. This is a dream, dont start on the competition breads creativity nonsense.

[quote name='WhoDey48' date='May 18 2005, 02:47 PM']ps3 said to be about [u][b]$465[/b][/u]

"According a an article published in the May 17th edition of Japan's Mainichi Shimbun, the PlayStation 3 could be one of the most expensive mass-market videogame consoles ever created. Officials from Sony apparently told the newspaper that PlayStation 3s would sell in Japan for "less than 50,000 yen each." That translates to about $465 US dollars. "

that is definatley ridiculous...

[url="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615745p1.html"]http://ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615745p1.html[/url]
[right][post="93818"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
[url="http://xblgamers.com/story.php?storyid=122"]http://xblgamers.com/story.php?storyid=122[/url]
xbox shitty version $299
xbox good version $360
ps3 estimated at $465 but that is a guess since its based off the japanese price.

All 3 are way overpriced imo. Its tough to thrown down 400 bucks for a system and then have to put at least $50 more per game.

the other question i had about xbox and ps3 is if they are HD compatable, then that means you have to buy the component video cables to hook it up and run in the 5-10 dollar per foot range for the cheap ones. So in reality your looking at a $30-100 purchase just to hook the damn thing up.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='May 18 2005, 01:51 PM']Oh yes b/c I'd HATE another GTA game on a next gen console.....You serious?  These are some of the best games across any console and I'm all for ones to debut on the PS3.  I also read that developers for ps3 will NOT have to code for high def but xbox will, that will lead to more games coming out for ps3 quicker which hurts xbox.  xbox has a 6 month lead on sony and by what i've seen and heard, they'll need it.  i just hope sony matches the price of the xbox.  I know the specs are better but they must understand that xbox has a big advantage coming out in time for Christmas.
[right][post="93785"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I think the xbox has alittle better hardware then sony... but thats just personal prefrence

[quote name='whodey319' date='May 18 2005, 03:25 PM']if you notice my post it says combining the best of both.  This is a dream, dont start on the competition breads creativity [b]nonsense.[/b]
[right][post="93830"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='whodey319' date='May 18 2005, 03:38 PM']the other question i had about xbox and ps3 is if they are HD compatable, then that means you have to buy the component video cables to hook it up and run in the 5-10 dollar per foot range for the cheap ones.  So in reality your looking at a $30-100 purchase just to hook the damn thing up.
[right][post="93839"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[quote]The Xbox 360 will display games in high definition when used with HDTVs, but the resolution will scale down to fit other television sets, Microsoft said.[/quote]

No youll be able to play on lesser TVs.

[url="http://news.com.com/A+gaggle+of+new+games+for+Xbox+360+-+page+2/2100-1043_3-5709353-2.html?tag=st.next"]http://news.com.com/A+gaggle+of+new+games+...tml?tag=st.next[/url]

Archived