Bushisms

Guest Bengal_Smoov

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='May 19 2005, 10:09 AM']Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out
The medical description of his first wound.

By Byron York

Some critics of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry have questioned the circumstances surrounding the first of three Purple Hearts Kerry won in Vietnam. Those critics, among them some of Kerry's fellow veterans, have suggested that a wound suffered by Kerry in December 1968 may have made him technically eligible for a Purple Heart but was not severe enough to warrant serious consideration, even for a decoration that was handed out by the thousands. Whatever the case, Kerry was awarded the Purple Heart, and, along with two others he won later, it allowed him to request to leave Vietnam before his tour of duty was finished.

Kerry was treated for the wound at a medical facility in Cam Ranh Bay. The doctor who treated Kerry, Louis Letson, is today a retired general practitioner in Alabama. Letson says he remembers his brief encounter with Kerry 35 years ago because "some of his crewmen related that Lt. Kerry had told them that he would be the next JFK from Massachusetts." Letson says that last year, as the Democratic campaign began to heat up, he told friends that he remembered treating one of the candidates many years ago. In response to their questions, Letson says, he wrote down his recollections of the time. (Letson says he has had no contacts with anyone from the Bush campaign or the Republican party.) What follows is Letson's memory, as he wrote it.

I have a very clear memory of an incident which occurred while I was the Medical Officer at Naval Support Facility, Cam Ranh Bay.
John Kerry was a (jg), the OinC or skipper of a Swift boat, newly arrived in Vietnam. On the night of December 2, he was on patrol north of Cam Ranh, up near Nha Trang area. The next day he came to sick bay, the medical facility, for treatment of a wound that had occurred that night.

The story he told was different from what his crewmen had to say about that night. According to Kerry, they had been engaged in a fire fight, receiving small arms fire from on shore. He said that his injury resulted from this enemy action.

Some of his crew confided that they did not receive any fire from shore, but that Kerry had fired a mortar round at close range to some rocks on shore. The crewman thought that the injury was caused by a fragment ricocheting from that mortar round when it struck the rocks.

That seemed to fit the injury which I treated.

What I saw was a small piece of metal sticking very superficially in the skin of Kerry's arm. The metal fragment measured about 1 cm. in length and was about 2 or 3 mm in diameter. It certainly did not look like a round from a rifle.

I simply removed the piece of metal by lifting it out of the skin with forceps. I doubt that it penetrated more than 3 or 4 mm. It did not require probing to find it, did not require any anesthesia to remove it, and did not require any sutures to close the wound.

[b]The wound was covered with a bandaid. [/b] ( But kerry diserved a free ride home?????? think not)

Not [sic] other injuries were reported and I do not recall that there was any reported damage to the boat.

[b]Kerry, who piloted Patrol Crafts Fast (PCFs) as a young Lt.(jg) in the Vietnam War, has always made much of those Purple Hearts. An award often pinned on the pillow of a combat warrior so badly wounded that he cannot sit up to receive it, the Purple Heart recognizes the sacrifices of combat when a soldier or officer has sustained a wound "from an outside force or agent" and received treatment from a medical officer. The records for such treatment "must have been made a matter of official record," according to the military definition of the award. [/b]

Two of John Kerry's Purple Hearts were for self-inflicted wounds

Kerry bitched out... ohh i got a splinter.. I need a purple heart stat
Kerry would revisit ambush locations for re-enacting combat scenes where he would portray the hero.............left Vietnam early not because he received three Purple Hearts, but because he had recorded enough film of himself to take home for his planned political campaigns."

On the defensive for filming himself during the Vietnam war, John Kerry once told a reporter he had "no intention" of using the footage for campaign purposes, but some of it will be featured tonight in a video of introduction before his Democratic presidential nomination acceptance speech

Yep someone i want in control of my country.. One who video taped staged fire fights for ad campaigns

More Articles:
[url="http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38535"]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=38535[/url]

[url="http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38738"]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=38738[/url] << he is enshrined at a communist musem. Yep thats who i want to run our democratic nation

Edit:
Sworn statements of those present say there was no hostile fire involved in this incident for which Kerry received his third Purple Heart and the coveted Bronze Star.

"The conclusion is inescapable: that Kerry lied by reporting to the Navy that he had been wounded by shrapnel in his backside from an enemy mine when in reality he negligently wounded himself and then lied about the wound in order to secure a third Purple Heart and a quick trip home," reads the letter.

The letter continues: "Kerry's operating report, Bronze Star story, and subsequent 'no man left behind' story are a total hoax on the Navy and the nation," they say.
Here is some more for ya

and i want this man leading the free world.. i think not.. next time dont be so bitter and read what the fuck ur saying man. u havent made any sense in ur last three posts all i get is mutha fucka mutha fucker i hate bush and i have no point....... thats all man... drop out all the bullshit and u might have 1 good sentence but i dont want to push it............................................
[right][post="94114"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

All the while Bush is getting high in Texas and keeping the Southern safe from the fleet of Vietcong fighter planes that sent America into a panic.

In the Year Two Thousand...... In the Year Two Thousaaaaaaand

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/jamiebrs/fallon.jpg[/img]

"President Bush will admit that at the funeral of Pope John Paul II he mistook a nun for the pope's wife, called her Mrs. Paul, and told her how much he loved her frozen fish sticks."

Archived