Zoomtown Fucking sucks

Hey peeps,im having a bit of trouble here. We just moved to fairfield,ohio and we just bought cincinnati bell again and thought we would get the blazing speed we had before which was like 10mbps.Now they said we cant fucking have 10mbps because of the new area we live in and it doesnt have fioptics or whatever. It takes like fucking 10minutes to download a 8mb file,like wtf. Does anyone know a better internet service out here?Cause im fucking screwed lol

There's no fioptics in Clifton either. I'm torn between waiting it out with Zoomtown until they lay the cable here, and jumping over to Roadrunner. I think those are the only two real games in town....

[quote name='Missya15' date='10 July 2010 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1278792480' post='896578']

[/quote]
Wrong Forum?
Road Runner works great for me but no matter what you choose, someone is going to disagree.
I had Zoomtown years ago and it sucked ass.

jmho, but road runner and Mac and things are peachy.

[quote name='Tigris' date='10 July 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1278796397' post='896583']
I hate the air cards. We had one.... always went in and out and the service/help people are... well, helpless.
[/quote]

if you dont live NEAR a major city.. aircard will never be the answer... and the kids like 14-15 so its not gonna be anyway... and its not gonna be faster than the mediocre landline braodband..

4g will launch in cincy in a few months, however.. then its cool.. but not great option for a household perhaps.. unless you get a overdrive, etc.

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' date='10 July 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1278803045' post='896589']
We have Roadrunner and I have no problem with it.
[/quote]

No help for Ohio folks, but Insight broadband is the shit, imo. Never had one issue with them yet in 5 years.

Had Zoomtown before that and thought it blew balls.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' date='11 July 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1278903085' post='896681']
2010 and people in the States are still getting crappy internet service?
MULLY
[/quote]

if greater suberban cincinnati OHIO were ass packed as where you are in japan there would be no issues with internet.. ohios biggest issue it seems is everyone is stuck in 1985 when you had one phone company and trusted them for everything.. people wont switch from their bundles and no one else can take a peice of the market becasue of the mindset..

not every inch of japan is amazing technology center that you describe.... many countries have technology hang ups in different areas.. all palces have their trade offs, while a 50MB line here is like $90 and way cheaper and faster there, many other things are cheaper here, etc..

there is absolutely no reason for a company to invest in improving service when 15 people are going to tap into it in a 15 mile span... theyll NEVER make up the cost it takes to run it there...and cincinnati grows off the highways, so if you are far enough away from them.. your stuck with no options or limited options.. and with cinbell and time warner having a LOCKDOWn on the entire city... its not going to change.. neither has to spend a buncha money to improve themselves, if the other one isnt doing it either..

and ohio sucks...

Archived