Cabrera likely head to the DL

JBandJoeyV

[quote]It sounds like shortstop Orlando Cabrera is headed for the disabled list. Cabrera injured himself swinging at pitch in the ninth. He pulled up after hitting a ball that started an inning-ending double play.

He will go to Cincinnati tomorrow to be examined.

“It doesn’t look good,” Reds manager Dusty Baker said. “It’s a side. Those are bad. It’s his left side which is his lead side. That makes it worse.”

Baker was on the phone with general manager Walt Jocketty talking options after the game.

Paul Janish, hitting .270 in limited time, will likely take over as the starter.

Chris Valaika is top hitting infielder at Triple-A. He’s hitting .301. He’s playing primarily second. Zach Cozart, the shortstop at Louisville, is hitting .268. Neither has played in the big leagues.[/quote]

Janish should add some solid D, but cabrera was starting to hit better. Sucks with him and votto out, not too sure who you bat 2-3. Id put maybe Cairo at 2 then maybe move rolen up to 3? Or move bruce up?

I dont know, but I hope Joey is back soon.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='03 August 2010 - 11:26 AM' timestamp='1280849190' post='902221']
why not take a chance and put Hanigan in the two hole? Doesn't strike out much, and a good hitter. A good a candidate to get on or get guys over before the heart of the lineup comes up.
[/quote]

Id try it...better then janish in the 2 hole in my opinion.

Janish is hitting .270 and has decent speed. And he strikes out less than once every 6 at bats. Don't mess with the rest of the lineup and put Janish in the 2 spot until he demonstrates he can't handle it.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='03 August 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1280858113' post='902261']
sounds like they're calling up Francisco to take Cabrera's spot:
[/quote]

janish better not get hurt, cause cairo would be the backup SS...dont know if he can play SS very well.

[quote name='The Scales' date='03 August 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1280858413' post='902262']
Was Juan Francisco that Big ol left handed beheomoth third baseman?

Kinda reminds you of Pablo Sandoval?
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='03 August 2010 - 11:12 AM' timestamp='1280851934' post='902240']
he tweaked his wrist sunday. Didn't sound too serious.

[/quote]

Thats right. I heard Marty on the radio state that Vottos injury was not DL serious. He'll be fine.

Archived