They're building a mosque close to my house.

TheBeaverHunter

I live in NKY and they are building a mosque about 5 minutes from my house. Just wanted to see how other people would feel if they were in this scenario. I am all for free speech and right to worship, but I don't have a good feeling about this.

http://content.usatoday.net/dist/custom/gci/InsidePage.aspx?cId=cincinnati&sParam=34135521.story

[quote][b]Group's plan to build mosque in Florence approved[/b]

FLORENCE, Ky. (AP) — An Islamic foundation which was earlier denied a zoning request to build a mosque in northern Kentucky, now has approval at a different site.

The Kentucky Enquirer reported Florence business development director Joshua Wice said Mercy Foundation Inc. has approval to construct the worship center near Mall Road in Florence. The area is already zoned for mixed use including churches, synagogues, temples and other places of worship and the nonprofit group's site plan review has been approved.

The group wanted to build a mosque eight years ago in Union, but the site would have required a zoning change and it was denied.

The newspaper reported Mohammed Zineddin, the president of the Mercy Foundation, was out of the country and unavailable for comment.[/quote]

What is the problem?

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='04 August 2010 - 08:53 AM' timestamp='1280926425' post='902493']
I live in NKY and they are building a mosque about 5 minutes from my house. Just wanted to see how other people would feel if they were in this scenario. I am all for free speech and right to worship, but I don't have a good feeling about this.

[url="http://content.usatoday.net/dist/custom/gci/InsidePage.aspx?cId=cincinnati&sParam=34135521.story"]http://content.usato...=34135521.story[/url]

[/quote]

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='04 August 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1280926425' post='902493']
I live in NKY and they are building a mosque about 5 minutes from my house. Just wanted to see how other people would feel if they were in this scenario. [b]I am all for free speech and right to worship[/b], but I don't have a good feeling about this.

http://content.usatoday.net/dist/custom/gci/InsidePage.aspx?cId=cincinnati&sParam=34135521.story
[/quote]

Consider the possibility that you're not [i]all[/i] for free speech and the right to worship.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='04 August 2010 - 05:53 AM' timestamp='1280926425' post='902493']

[/quote]

I'd be upset too!

I mean hell, having [b]Rumble[/b] as a neighbor?

:ninja:

Seriously though, it sounds like you're only for FOS and RTW if it's what [b]you[/b] believe in...

Are you by chance a member of the Tea Party movement?

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='04 August 2010 - 10:26 AM' timestamp='1280931986' post='902532']
I guess you guys are right. I don't like it and don't want to see the rag heads by my house.
[/quote]

Not at all. I just don't want my property value to go down, which it is proven that they drive down property value. That and the Islamic extremist blowing stuff up idea. Plus to tell the truth I don't like looking at them walking around either. It's cool that they allow abusing women though, they have that going for them.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='04 August 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1280944956' post='902612']
While I believe in your right to free speech, this hurts.
[/quote]

Which one's your house? I'll be sure to point it out to my fellow Mosque-goers. We'll "decorate" it one night while you're sleeping so that you'll have a nice surprise when you wake in the morning.

[quote name='IKOTA' date='04 August 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1280956017' post='902674']
Which one's your house? I'll be sure to point it out to my fellow Mosque-goers. We'll "decorate" it one night while you're sleeping so that you'll have a nice surprise when you wake in the morning.
[/quote]

Oh good god you're one of them???

notice how I said GOD and not ALLAH.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='05 August 2010 - 09:51 AM' timestamp='1281010868' post='902793']
Oh good god you're one of them???

notice how I said GOD and not ALLAH.
[/quote]

Yes, I'm one of "them". Beware of us, we're pretty crazy.

And I dont want to edumacate you too much but Allah simply means God in Arabic so you just said: "notice how I said GOD and not GOD"

But I get a feeling you're being sarcastic so carry on.....

[quote name='IKOTA' date='05 August 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1281041954' post='902949']

And I dont want to edumacate you too much but Allah simply means God in Arabic so you just said: "notice how I said GOD and not GOD"

[b]But I get a feeling you're being sarcastic so carry on.....[/b]
[/quote]

I think we all got trolled on this one...

[quote name='Elflocko' date='05 August 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1281043361' post='902954']
I think we all got trolled on this one...
[/quote]

Bravo Beaver! Even if you are serious, this is still a pretty cool thread; will read again.
+1

[quote name='IKOTA' date='05 August 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1281041954' post='902949']

And I dont want to edumacate you too much but Allah simply means God in Arabic so you just said: "[b]notice how I said [size="4"]GOD and not GOD[/size][/b]"

But I get a feeling you're being sarcastic so carry on.....
[/quote]

Boo yah. I just converted you to Christianity....you're welcome.

I will admit, that I am from the country and not well versed in other cultures. We had more cows than people in my hometown and most everybody was a Southern Baptist. Since you are my first Muslim friend (I think we have grown pretty close through all of these years on Go-Bengals and our love for The Genius that is Brat) could you help explain your people to me so I can welcome them with open arms into my community.

1. Why do the women cover 99.9% of their body?

2. Is it true about the women beating part (I read it was OK on the internet).

3. Will I have to worry about driving by the mosque and see a stoning?

4. Is there anything wrong with me baking a basket full of cookies and showing up before service for a "Welcome friends tickle party", I might hand out some hugs too??

5. Do you think they would be OK for doing a nativity scene with lights during Christmas?

6. Do you guys consider white (although golden tanned) good looking guys, with a high IQ, nice set of abs, perfect teeth, and a large penis as infidels?

7. Can I look at your people in the eyes and pat the children on the head? In Gran Torino Clint Eastwood couldn't do this.

Thank you my friend.

Beaver

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='06 August 2010 - 09:22 AM' timestamp='1281100946' post='903074']

I will admit, that I am from the country and not well versed in other cultures. We had more cows than people in my hometown and most everybody was a Southern Baptist. Since you are my first Muslim friend (I think we have grown pretty close through all of these years on Go-Bengals and our love for The Genius that is Brat) could you help explain your people to me so I can welcome them with open arms into my community.

4. Is there anything wrong with me baking a basket full of cookies and showing up before service for a "Welcome friends tickle party", I might hand out some hugs too??

5. Do you think they would be OK for doing a nativity scene with lights during Christmas?

6. Do you guys consider white (although golden tanned) good looking guys, with a high IQ, nice set of abs, perfect teeth, and a large penis as infidels?

7. Can I look at your people in the eyes and pat the children on the head? In Gran Torino Clint Eastwood couldn't do this.

Thank you my friend.

Beaver
[/quote]

so, so wrong...

but still funny as hell. :24:

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='06 August 2010 - 10:52 AM' timestamp='1281100946' post='903074']

Thank you my friend.

Beaver
[/quote]

I too consider you a friend due to our common bond of appreciating the mastermind that is Bob Bratkowski. I actually tell people you're one of my best friends. Wanna hang out this weekend?

As for your questions:

1. Why do the women cover 99.9% of their body? [b]To keep pervs like you from looking at their lovely lady lumps.[/b]

2. Is it true about the women beating part (I read it was OK on the internet). [b]Absolutely true. We are encouraged to beat not only women, but children and animals. I kicked a rabbit stepping out of my condo this morning. Felt so good.[/b]

3. Will I have to worry about driving by the mosque and see a stoning? [b]Yes, so avoid driving by on Tuesdays and Thursdays approx 6pm.......trust me on this one.[/b]

4. Is there anything wrong with me baking a basket full of cookies and showing up before service for a "Welcome friends tickle party", I might hand out some hugs too?? [b]Who doesn't like cookies and hugs? This is a silly question. [/b]

5. Do you think they would be OK for doing a nativity scene with lights during [b]Christmas? Not unless you want to be stoned. See question #3 for times to avoid.[/b]

6. Do you guys consider white (although golden tanned) good looking guys, with a high IQ, nice set of abs, perfect teeth, and a large penis as infidels? [b]Yes[/b]

7. Can I look at your people in the eyes and pat the children on the head? In Gran Torino Clint Eastwood couldn't do this. [b]Don't EVER look us in the eye. EVER.[/b]

Hope this helps satisfy your thirst for knowledge. It really is admirable that you're getting outside of your comfort zone. You are one of the good guys........but still an infidel. The terrorists haven't won yet.

Archived