Tiger Woods

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1281327692' post='903898']
Is it me, or does anyone else think the PGA is making Tiger tank it?

I'm sorry, but no one this good gets that bad this quickly, personal life or no personal life. Something else has to be going on.
[/quote]

Thats just ridiculous. What is the pga gonna do say tiger you have to play bad or we'll kick you off the tour? There is no way they could make tiger tank it and theres even more no way that tiger would agree to it.

Maybe its because he used to practice like 6 hours a day and he doesnt have time to do that anymore? Or maybe because golf, if youve ever played, is like 95 percent mental and he probably has more shit going on in his head then anyone.

No offense, but this is the worst conspiracy theory ive ever heard. Ever.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1281327692' post='903898']
Is it me, or does anyone else think the PGA is making Tiger tank it?

I'm sorry, but no one this good gets that bad this quickly, personal life or no personal life. Something else has to be going on.
[/quote]

I also think this line of thinking is off base. Golf, as I understand it, is a very mental game. Tiger's mind ain't right, and its not really surprising considering what he's going through (put himself through). Maybe he's still thinking of peeing on a pR0n star or something.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1281395251' post='904192']
Thats just ridiculous. What is the pga gonna do say tiger you have to play bad or we'll kick you off the tour? There is no way they could make tiger tank it and theres even more no way that tiger would agree to it.

Maybe its because he used to practice like 6 hours a day and he doesnt have time to do that anymore? [b]Or maybe because golf, if youve ever played, is like 95 percent mental and he probably has more shit going on in his head then anyone.[/b]

No offense, but this is the worst conspiracy theory ive ever heard. Ever.
[/quote]

so you can't go on a golf course and let go of the rest of your life for 4 hours? Hell, that's 90% why most people golf to begin with.

Yea its far-fetched, but you don't just get this bad this quickly, regardless of your personal life.

You even have golfers on the tour saying he wasn't trying this weekend. PGA may not have anything to do with that, but something's definitely up.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1281401049' post='904245']
so you can't go on a golf course and let go of the rest of your life for 4 hours? Hell, that's 90% why most people golf to begin with.

Yea its far-fetched, but you don't just get this bad this quickly, regardless of your personal life.

You even have golfers on the tour saying he wasn't trying this weekend. PGA may not have anything to do with that, but something's definitely up.
[/quote]

1. No, not if its your job. And when you start playing bad, like he did on Thursday it will just get worse as the tournament went on. I consider myself a golfer, played in high school etc. Its tough to rebound when you are playing bad and it typically just gets worse the longer it goes on.

2. He finished like 4th in the masters a couple months ago, so he still has it. Just not as consistently as he used to which is due to a lack of practice and patience. He is more human now and is more likely to have a really bad tourney like he did this weekend.

3. He probably wasnt trying that hard this weekend. As i said he hasnt been as focused and hasnt practiced as hard as he used to. And something is up, its called having a ton of shit go wrong in your personally life and spending more time dealing with that then your golf game. Spending more time with your kids that might be taken away if you lose custody, so you are probably spending more time with them instead of practicing. You have lawyers and shit calling you and talking to you most the day instead of focusing on golf.

Im curious how often you play golf or what you really know about golf, because from your posts you knowledge on the subject definitely seems limited.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1281404879' post='904257']

Im curious how often you play golf or what you really know about golf, because from your posts you knowledge on the subject definitely seems limited.
[/quote]

not often, but enough to know how much it takes mentally, and know enough people who use it as an escape.

Someone's awfully grumpy due to the Reds game...

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1281406422' post='904267']
not often, but enough to know how much it takes mentally, and know enough people who use it as an escape.

Someone's awfully grumpy due to the Reds game...
[/quote]

Actually not at all...you are just wrong here.

People do use it as an escape, but you dont use it as an escape when its your life. You are wrong, its not even an argument really.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1281406747' post='904268']
Actually not at all...you are just wrong here.

People do use it as an escape, but you dont use it as an escape when its your life. You are wrong, its not even an argument really.
[/quote]

thanks for setting me straight. :shrug:

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1281407736' post='904275']
thanks for setting me straight. :shrug:
[/quote]

Let me make try to make it a little more clear, no more stupid berating or whatever, just honestly trying to explain it a little.

My point is for an average person, yes you can use golf as an escape. You are away from your family, work, and out on a golf course either by yourself or with 3-4 more guys usually, not talking about work or even your family shooting the shit maybe drinking a beer or two. Yeah it can definitely be an escape. Maybe even some taking in your sorroundings as a lot of golf courses are pretty beautiful.

Then you have Tigers situation. He has to talk to the media every day, and they berate him about his family situation. He is out on the golf course with hundreds of people watching his every move. Golf is his job, and his performance means everything. He cant just go out and mess around and shoot the shit with his partners. He is playing to win and he is a VERY comptetive guy, when he isnt playing well it probably drives him nuts. Have you seen how many times hes slammed a club down or cursed? 10 times more then any other professional golfer. It drives him crazy to play bad.

At this point he has had such a long and hard year with his family and everything that this weekend it all just fell apart and he hit rock bottom. And there wasnt anything he could do anymore, he just gave up as you said. But there is no conspiracy or him not trying to improve his game, he just has had an extremely difficult year and its finally caught up to him. He hasnt been practicing as hard as he usually does and his head has just gotten out of control.

Ask any golfer and they will tell you golf is all mental, and if youre head isnt in it, especially for a pro or someone who plays competitively it is very difficult to overcome if your head isnt in it. If you are just playing for fun, it can obviously be a good mental escape. Not for Tiger Woods though.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1281408314' post='904277']
Let me make try to make it a little more clear, no more stupid berating or whatever, just honestly trying to explain it a little.

My point is for an average person, yes you can use golf as an escape. You are away from your family, work, and out on a golf course either by yourself or with 3-4 more guys usually, not talking about work or even your family shooting the shit maybe drinking a beer or two. Yeah it can definitely be an escape. Maybe even some taking in your sorroundings as a lot of golf courses are pretty beautiful.

Then you have Tigers situation. He has to talk to the media every day, and they berate him about his family situation. He is out on the golf course with hundreds of people watching his every move. Golf is his job, and his performance means everything. He cant just go out and mess around and shoot the shit with his partners. He is playing to win and he is a VERY comptetive guy, when he isnt playing well it probably drives him nuts. Have you seen how many times hes slammed a club down or cursed? 10 times more then any other professional golfer. It drives him crazy to play bad.

At this point he has had such a long and hard year with his family and everything that this weekend it all just fell apart and he hit rock bottom. And there wasnt anything he could do anymore, he just gave up as you said. But there is no conspiracy or him not trying to improve his game, he just has had an extremely difficult year and its finally caught up to him. He hasnt been practicing as hard as he usually does and his head has just gotten out of control.

Ask any golfer and they will tell you golf is all mental, and if youre head isnt in it, especially for a pro or someone who plays competitively it is very difficult to overcome if your head isnt in it. If you are just playing for fun, it can obviously be a good mental escape. Not for Tiger Woods though.
[/quote]

I get all that, you're just taking this topic far more serious than it was ever meant to be. :lol:

As other pro golfers have said, he's not even trying. Whether that's a focus issue or something else, something just isn't right. If he's not gonna try, why even be out there and embarass yourself?

Maybe he wants the public to see him as more human and feel bad for him. :half ninja:

Archived