The Cardinals are little bitches

Jamie_B

Awesome.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/08/09/phillips-stirs-controversy/

[quote]This from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s website:

Second baseman Brandon Phillips then added an edge to the series by referring to the Cardinals as “little b—–s” before first pitch.

“I’d play against these guys on one leg,” Phillips told Hal McCoy, a columnist for the Dayton Daily News. “We have to beat these guys. All they do is b—- and moan about everything, all of them. They’re little b——s, all of them. I really hate the Cardinals. Compared to the Cardinals, I love the Chicago Cubs. Let me make this clear: I hate the Cardinals.”

Manager Tony La Russa had heard about the comment before addressing the media afterward. He tried to keep a lid on his emotion but later followed Post-Dispatch reporters into the clubhouse to remind them that several former Cardinals now share the Reds clubhouse with Phillips.

“We win the right way. We lose the right way. That’s my comment,” La Russa said.

“It’s very surprising. It’s tough to comment yet. I guess I’ll read it tomorrow. I know what kind of guys we have in this clubhouse. It’s far from the truth,” Skip Schumaker said. “Let them keep talking and we’ll see how it plays out.”

Note: Phillips does not talk to the two reporters who cover the Reds on the road and home, including me over questions about his failure to hustle on a play earlier this year. Phillips went 0-for-5 in the game and struck out to end the game.[/quote]

[quote name='Bengal_80' timestamp='1281469032' post='904459']
Just for making a comment? it would confirm what he said.
[/quote]

Yes, just like OchoCinco has been lit up by opposing defenses for shit hes said or done.

When I saw on the bottom of the ESPN screen waiting for the Brazil/USA soccer game to start that both managers were ejected in the 1st inning because a brawl already started, I laughed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5453285

CINCINNATI -- Brandon Phillips was in the middle of a first-inning altercation between the Cincinnati Reds and St. Louis Cardinals.

The Reds second baseman had words with Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina when he came to the plate to lead off the bottom of the first inning Tuesday night. It escalated into a bench-clearing confrontation.

Reds third baseman Scott Rolen and Cardinals pitcher Chris Carpenter had to be pulled apart. Carpenter wound up pinned against the backstop screen. So was Reds starter Johnny Cueto, who kicked his way free.

Managers Dusty Bakers and Tony La Russa were ejected over the seven-minute confrontation.

Phillips said before the start of their three-game series that he hates the Cardinals, whom he called complainers. Baker said Tuesday he wished Phillips hadn't made the comments, and told him so.

"Brandon knows what he's saying," Baker said before the second game of their series. "It doesn't make it right, but he knows what he's saying and that's his opinion.

"I talked to him about it and put a little pressure on him to play better personally. The Cardinals have given him a pretty rough time historically." Phillips criticized the Cardinals before the start of their showdown series. The Reds lead the Cardinals by a game in the NL Central. The two teams have been within a few games of each other since May.

Phillips was more diplomatic when talking about the Cardinals on Tuesday, after his talk with Baker.

"Everybody, they respect me for what I said," Phillips said. "Those are my comments. A lot of people feel that way all throughout the league. Many people feel that way."

The Cardinals noticed. La Russa mentioned Phillips' remarks to Reds general manager Walt Jocketty, who was with La Russa in St. Louis. La Russa pointed out that several current Reds played for the Cardinals.

ESPN's agenda is to solely blame BP for the melee. Who got in who's face????!!!?? If Molina just stays in his stance, nothing happens. That article doesn't mention that though. BP's right. They are little bitches if they can't handle a little trash talk. Maybe they don't like black guys, they don't have any on their team. Settle down, I'm kidding.... Sort of.

They are the stealers of MLB. Self-righteous assholes. LaRussa still hasn't got over the 90 World Series. It's funny that he reacted at all to BP's comments.

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1281526149' post='904598']
ESPN's agenda is to solely blame BP for the melee. Who got in who's face????!!!?? If Molina just stays in his stance, nothing happens. That article doesn't mention that though. BP's right. They are little bitches if they can't handle a little trash talk. Maybe they don't like black guys, they don't have any on their team. Settle down, I'm kidding.... Sort of.
[/quote]

Yeah yeah. Molina started it.

no

Brandon started it this time by his comments. Men, and especially hispanic men don't take it too well when you call them Bitches.

Right Muchaco?

[quote name='The Scales' timestamp='1281526575' post='904602']

no

Brandon started it this time by his comments. Men, and especially hispanic men don't take it too well when you call them Bitches.

Right Muchaco?
[/quote]

Why did he wait until the second game to respond? Why didn't he do anything the first game?

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1281526879' post='904603']
Why did he wait until the second game to respond? Why didn't he do anything the first game?
[/quote]

Because Brandon's comments were to reporters after the first game. Batters sometimes give a "respect tap" of the bat to the catcher's shin guard before they settle into the box for the first pitch. Brandon tried to do that (again, after his "bitches" comments were made) and Molina didn't want him to touch him with his bat.

Phillips simply shouldn't have said quite what he said. If he had just stopped with "I hate them" or whatever this whole thing is a non-starter.

I will say that the Reds have to be somewhat bitches to stand there and talk shit and get it handed to them by 4 runs in each of the first two games... AT HOME.

You were up 2 games starting the series... you win 2 of 3 or sweep it and you control the NL Central. Instead... we talk a bunch of shit and then hunker down like a bunch of pussies.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1281532936' post='904620']
I will say that the Reds have to be somewhat bitches to stand there and talk shit and get it handed to them by 4 runs in each of the first two games... AT HOME.

You were up 2 games starting the series... you win 2 of 3 or sweep it and you control the NL Central. Instead... we talk a bunch of shit and then hunker down like a bunch of pussies.
[/quote]

Pretty much. We really need to avoid the sweep today and get our minds right for the stretch run of the season.

[quote name='The Scales' timestamp='1281526575' post='904602']

no

Right Muchaco?
[/quote]

Brandon shouldn't have said what he did. But Molina is the one who lit the powder keg. He proved Brandon right, he's a little bitch.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1281528115' post='904606']
Because Brandon's comments were to reporters after the first game. Batters sometimes give a "respect tap" of the bat to the catcher's shin guard before they settle into the box for the first pitch. Brandon tried to do that (again, after his "bitches" comments were made) and Molina didn't want him to touch him with his bat.

Phillips simply shouldn't have said quite what he said. If he had just stopped with "I hate them" or whatever this whole thing is a non-starter.
[/quote]

Brandon's comments were BEFORE game one.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1281536831' post='904642']
nah he made them like at noon Monday. Larussa knew about them before Monday Night's game.
[/quote]

Well that makes Hooky's question legit...perhaps the Cardinals players hadn't heard of Brandon's comments prior to game 1 of the series. Otherwise, why start shit in game 2?

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1281536963' post='904643']
Well that makes Hooky's question legit...perhaps the Cardinals players hadn't heard of Brandon's comments prior to game 1 of the series. Otherwise, why start shit in game 2?
[/quote]

He made the comments before game one, but they really didnt get on ESPN or other media outlets besides a couple until after the game.

Archived