Tebow is paying the price for his last second TD on us!

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1282245738' post='907928']
living here is painful on the sports front...i see 5-10 Tebow jerseys a DAY here.. no exhaggeration, no lie....

if you ran a poll on the street right now who was better, tebow or elway.. tebow gets 40% of the votes no doubt..

people here are fucking nuts..
[/quote]

I keep forgetting you are in Colorado now.... I can only imagine on the sports front right now the Tebow overload there. I certainly have no dislike for Tebow. personally. But its almost scary the reverence this guy gets from the media and fans. So are the fans there any different than they are here?

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1282246803' post='907940']
I keep forgetting you are in Colorado now.... I can only imagine on the sports front right now the Tebow overload there. I certainly have no dislike for Tebow. personally. But its almost scary the reverence this guy gets from the media and fans. So are the fans there any different than they are here?
[/quote]

no. same overly strong feelings based on 10% of the facts type...

haven't met any "die hards" yet to really talk football with.. i work with a bears fan who is pretty close tho..

they are slightly different cockiness since they have won recently and often in the past.. really cocky for as shitty at their team is..

guy i work with said last year they were unbearable with the start of the season being so successful... glad i wasnt here for that..

most have forgotten about opening weekend last year, only 1 or 2 mentioned it.. and were quickly quieted by "yea that was a bullshit play, hey, how did you guys end up doing in the playoffs?" :Harassment_emoticon:

my brother in law just bought club season tickets for the broncos so ill probably catch a game or two... i know more once i am inside enemy lines.. i already told him i can only go if the bengals arent playing... he thinks its ridiculous id rather sit home and watch the bengals than go to the broncos game..

/rambling

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1282247329' post='907942']
no. same overly strong feelings based on 10% of the facts type...

haven't met any "die hards" yet to really talk football with.. i work with a bears fan who is pretty close tho..

they are slightly different cockiness since they have won recently and often in the past.. really cocky for as shitty at their team is..

guy i work with said last year they were unbearable with the start of the season being so successful... glad i wasnt here for that..

most have forgotten about opening weekend last year, only 1 or 2 mentioned it.. and were quickly quieted by "yea that was a bullshit play, hey, how did you guys end up doing in the playoffs?" :Harassment_emoticon:

my brother in law just bought club season tickets for the broncos so ill probably catch a game or two... i know more once i am inside enemy lines.. i already told him i can only go if the bengals arent playing... he thinks its ridiculous id rather sit home and watch the bengals than go to the broncos game..

/rambling
[/quote]

Where your Bengal gear proudly. But I have one request, time to get an Andre Smith Jersey. We need a little karma at the RT position. You've done great so far in your jersey selection before the players even produced....... :)

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1282247977' post='907945']
Where your Bengal gear proudly. But I have one request, time to get an Andre Smith Jersey. We need a little karma at the RT position. You've done great so far in your jersey selection before the players even produced....... :)
[/quote]

haha, yea, i think its too late, i think the karma rules state it must be purhcased within thier first year...

maybe it still counts since he held out so long and was hurt...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1282248316' post='907949']
haha, yea, i think its too late, i think the karma rules state it must be purhcased within thier first year...

[/quote]

Hell wouldn't he be counted as a rookie anyway - bonus rookie because he's so BIG

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1282248316' post='907949']

[/quote]

I will have to check my karma gods handbook, but i think its good to go based on games played........ Are you still sporting the Peko jersey or have you moved on? Just use the masses of money you make from the website for the new jersey. lol

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1282247329' post='907942']
[/quote]
As unbearable as the first six games were, it was a thing of beauty watching their season go down the crapper in the second half. People were pissed. I enjoyed every minute of it!

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1282245738' post='907928']
living here is painful on the sports front...i see 5-10 Tebow jerseys a DAY here.. no exhaggeration, no lie....

if you ran a poll on the street right now who was better, tebow or elway.. tebow gets 40% of the votes no doubt..

people here are fucking nuts..
[/quote]

Bronco fans are HARD CORE!! Maybe not the smartest, but you have to give them credit for their enthusiasm.

I lived there before the Rockies existed and when the Nuggets sucked. The sportspages had Bronco headlines all year 'round. Elway was a god, and that was before he had ever won a Super Bowl.

Did get to see a game in old Mile High Stadium, and even went to see the Rockies play there before Coors Field was built.

I actually loved living there, but there was one huge drawback. I became a Nuggets fan and spent the 90's rooting for the two worst teams in professional sports (Bengals and Nugs). The only thing that kept me out of therapy was the fact that the Vols were kicking ass in football back then.

[quote name='MileHighClub' timestamp='1282250593' post='907963']
As unbearable as the first six games were, it was a thing of beauty watching their season go down the crapper in the second half. People were pissed. I enjoyed every minute of it!
[/quote]

And it was the second year in a row that the exact same thing had happened. The collapse of '08 was even more epic than what happened last year. They were up over the Chargers by three games with only three games left in the season I believe.

[quote name='Jeb' timestamp='1282227751' post='907813']
I said it before, ...I'll say it again. This guy won't last long in the NFL if he makes a habit of tucking and running it. Pocket passers last the longest in this league and running QB's that know what the "QB slide" is.
[/quote]

And that's all he's good for. ESPN was slobbering all over his mediocre performance on Sunday. The next day, they kept showing that bomb to Willis that Willis didn't catch. They were more or less chalking it up as a completion, calling it a perfect pass. It hit his hands, but I don't even know if it was a good throw. A good throw probably would've been a TD. That ball was on the wrong shoulder. I think that would've been a great catch if he pulled that in. He's a college QB, plain and simple. He can't pass and he's too slow and not as big to run the wildcat in the NFL.

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1282303995' post='908125']
And that's all he's good for. ESPN was slobbering all over his mediocre performance on Sunday. The next day, they kept showing that bomb to Willis that Willis didn't catch. They were more or less chalking it up as a completion, calling it a perfect pass. It hit his hands, but I don't even know if it was a good throw. A good throw probably would've been a TD. That ball was on the wrong shoulder. I think that would've been a great catch if he pulled that in. He's a college QB, plain and simple. He can't pass and he's too slow and not as big to run the wildcat in the NFL.
[/quote]

If under game pressure, he resorts back to his old throwing motion (after all that work) then its likely he won't become a pocket passer either. Also, I read an article that had a WR from Florida relieved to have his new QB. He said the new guy was more accurate, ...the coach gave him hell for that comment.

[quote name='Jeb' timestamp='1282305200' post='908129']
If under game pressure, he resorts back to his old throwing motion (after all that work) then its likely he won't become a pocket passer either.
[/quote]

He already has. Go back and watch the game. His delivery is way to slow. He drops the ball all the way down to his hip when throwing the deep pass.

Anyone able to post a clip here?

[quote name='fredtoast' timestamp='1282243585' post='907907']
Anyone remember Bobby Douglass? he lasted about 2 years playing QB like that.
[/quote]

Bobby!!

[img]http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/kan/sports/genrel/auto_action/1830719.jpeg[/img]

Well he played 10 years actually. Almost 3K career rushing yards at a 6.5 ypc clip!

Different game back then though. Defensive players weren't as big/strong/fast as they are today for the most part.

Archived