Idea for Selling Tickets

You need to have a 2-3 hour special selling tickets at all the booths in the stadium. Get Bengal favorites...

Carson, Rey, Dhani, Chad, Owens, Bobbie, Leon, Peko, whoever, to sell the tickets inside the booths. They won't get mauled because they're behind glass, obviously. Each Bengal has an hour where they have to do it and then have someone else on the team to switch them out. Security would have to construct a single/double file line for each booth. When the fans get to the window for their ticket, they get an autographed ticket of the player at their booth.

I know it's a lot coming from an Average Joe fan, but I think this would help tremendously.

Thanks.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Does anyone have Hobson's email? I use to have the thing. I sent this letter to the webmaster on the site (Hobson?). I figured this would help get the word out. I don't know how the game tickets are so far later this year in regards to selling out, but I know the blackout is happening tonight. I think I have a decent idea here and it would be sweet to see something put into action. Not only do I get some self-satisfactory for the idea being used, but it would help all Cincinnatians who want to watch the game whether it be at home or in the stadium.

They scan the tickets now, right?

I like this idea. A good addition to it: Let the players autograph the tickets. So not only are you getting a ticket to the game, you're getting an autograph.

Edit: just read the rest of your post and you said the same thing. :P

One thing though, is that I wouldn't force the players to do it. I think you could get enough guys to want to do it, especially if you give them an incentive.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1282313517' post='908172']
Oh, I don't know if they scan the tickets. I didn't go to a game last year. For some reason I'm thinking I did have a scanned ticket but I don't think I went to the Bengals game... Reds, maybe?
[/quote]

They have been scanning tickets for years.

I forget if they scan or rip em, i swear the east entrance rips, but the north enterences scan.....

Anyways, no player on game day is going to sell tickets at a ticket booth.

I'm assuming they do it a couple hrs on the monday or tuesday before the game, if it's not sold out?

I think this gimmic would be succesful the 1st couple of times, then it would just wear old if we weren't winning.

I could also wee Palmer being like, you're just getting tickets to one game? Cmon man you know you want more tickets, get some to the next 3 or 4. haha.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1282316278' post='908202']
I forget if they scan or rip em, i swear the east entrance rips, but the north enterences scan.....

Anyways, no player on game day is going to sell tickets at a ticket booth.

I'm assuming they do it a couple hrs on the monday or tuesday before the game, if it's not sold out?

I think this gimmic would be succesful the 1st couple of times, then it would just wear old if we weren't winning.

I could also wee Palmer being like, you're just getting tickets to one game? Cmon man you know you want more tickets, get some to the next 3 or 4. haha.
[/quote]
Gameday isn't happening... I would guess Tuesday on their day off.

Does the regular tickets have the players pictures on them? If so you could have the player on the ticket for that game sign them, and still have other players doing the selling/handing out of say Palmer signed game tickets.

BTW great idea Tigris, you could also call the Bengals PA office directly to give them the idea.

[quote name='RayDoggBengal' timestamp='1282317600' post='908214']
Does the regular tickets have the players pictures on them? If so you could have the player on the ticket for that game sign them, and still have other players doing the selling/handing out of say Palmer signed game tickets.

BTW great idea Tigris, you could also call the Bengals PA office directly to give them the idea.
[/quote]
Awesome idea, but I don't think they do. The ones I have, though I just looked at it for a second, didn't appear to have much on it... just some B's for Bengals.

Player will want and should get paid for that. I'm guessing you'd have to swallow their standard autograph signing fee.

I don't think Bengals want to pay that out this year as the pro shop signings have disappeared. I am assuming they paid it in the past.

Here in NY the Yankees just introduced a discounted ticket booth in one of the Modell Sporting Goods stores in Times Square. Tickets are up to 50% off and go on sale the day of the game. The Bengals could augment that and make the tickets available beginning 24 hours before the blackout window ends each week. Would nearly guarantee sellouts.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' timestamp='1282324261' post='908257']
Here in NY the Yankees just introduced a discounted ticket booth in one of the Modell Sporting Goods stores in Times Square. Tickets are up to 50% off and go on sale the day of the game. The Bengals could augment that and make the tickets available beginning 24 hours before the blackout window ends each week. Would nearly guarantee sellouts.
[/quote]

Yeah, i was thinking about this, why not last year motorola buy the tickets, then just sel them for half price? they could buy 2x as many easily.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' timestamp='1282324261' post='908257']
[/quote]
This is mildly compelling. But why in the hell would I want to remain a season ticket holder when I could just line up on Wednesday before the game and get 2 for 1 pricing?

The idea might fly on game day like the NYY are doing, but that does nothing to reduce the chance of a blackout, unfortunately.

Archived