Favorite Restaraunts

Jason

What are your 2 or 3 favorite restaraunts?

I think my favorite is Scotti's. It's an Italian restaraunt down town on Vine Street. The scalopini a la marinara is incredible.

I also like The Maissonette, but it's in a class by itself. It really isn't fair to compare anything else to it.

Jeff Ruby's is a pretty good steak place.

And whenever I am in Cincinnati, I make sure I get to La Rosa's, Skyline and Deweys.

[quote name='BengalBeotch' date='May 20 2005, 02:35 PM']I'm poor so I have to eat at all the mom & pop restaurants.... :)
[right][post="94635"][/post][/right][/quote]

You mean your parents, or actual "mom and pop" restaraunts? Which ones do you like?

Actually, Scotti's would count, it is family owned and run.

Forget the maisonette..they're moving out of dowtown anyway.... <_< ...fucking Comisars...

For that level of cuisine, try: Any of Jean-Robert's restaurants (Pigall's downtown, JeanRo Bistro, also downtown, and Pho Paris, in Oakley, I believe) are HIGHLY reccomended, as is Daveed's @ 934 in Mt Adams, Boca in Oakley, Prima Vista in Price Hill...

[quote name='Jason' date='May 20 2005, 02:29 PM']What are your 2 or 3 favorite restaraunts?

I think my favorite is Scotti's.  It's an Italian restaraunt down town on Vine Street.  The scalopini a la marinara is incredible.

I also like The Maissonette, but it's in a class by itself.  It really isn't fair to compare anything else to it.

Jack Ruby's is a pretty good steak place.

And whenever I am in Cincinnati, I make sure I get to La Rosa's, Skyline and Deweys.
[right][post="94630"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Maissonette is good.

My favorite is Jeff Ruby's (not jack). He also owns the waterfront, precinct, etc. but Ruby's Steakhouse is the best imo.

Mortons is also extremely good and Palaminos is excellent and thats a step down from these in price.

[quote name='whodey319' date='May 20 2005, 12:57 PM']Maissonette is good.

My favorite is Jeff Ruby's (not jack). He also owns the waterfront, precinct, etc.  but Ruby's Steakhouse is the best imo.

Mortons is also extremely good and Palaminos is excellent and thats a step down from these in price.
[right][post="94648"][/post][/right][/quote]
Ruby sold the Waterfront, and his places are overpriced for what you get...yeah, the beef is great and the portions are insane, but there's little creativity and thought behind the food.
I like innovative, arsty-fartsy shit for those kinds of $$$... :D

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' date='May 20 2005, 03:10 PM']Does anyone know the name of the place that is (was) next to the Maisonette - I wan't to say LaNormandy, but it's been a long time since I've been there.  The prime rib was fantastic and they had the peanut shells all over the floor.  Nice vibe.
[right][post="94659"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yep, that's the place. I've eaten there once or twice.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 20 2005, 02:56 PM'][b]Forget the maisonette..they're moving out of dowtown anyway.... <_< ...fucking Comisars...[/b]

For that level of cuisine, try: Any of Jean-Robert's restaurants (Pigall's downtown, JeanRo Bistro, also downtown, and Pho Paris, in Oakley, I believe) are HIGHLY reccomended, as is Daveed's @ 934 in Mt Adams, Boca in Oakley, Prima Vista in Price Hill...
[right][post="94646"][/post][/right][/quote]

Really? When? Are they just moving, or closing?

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' date='May 20 2005, 03:10 PM']Does anyone know the name of the place that is (was) next to the Maisonette - I wan't to say LaNormandy, but it's been a long time since I've been there.  The prime rib was fantastic and they had the peanut shells all over the floor.  Nice vibe.
[right][post="94659"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

When I'm in Chicago, I LOVE Portillo's, and Gino's East. Not to mention Pizzaria Uno, but I can get that anywhere (well, almost).

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 20 2005, 03:02 PM']Ruby sold the Waterfront, and his places are overpriced for what you get...yeah, the beef is great and the portions are insane, but there's little creativity and thought behind the food.
I like innovative, arsty-fartsy shit for those kinds of $$$... :D
[right][post="94654"][/post][/right][/quote]
favorite restaurants are relative to the person and how much $$$ they have. I figure most people here get to eat at a restaurant like this at least once in awhile
(i know some dont though) but i know people that eat at these places multiple times a week.

Jeff Ruby still owns the waterfront by the way. He owns 6 restaraunts:
The Precinct, Tropicana, Jeff Ruby's, Waterfront, Carlo & johnny, and Jeff Ruby at Belterra.

[url="http://jeffruby.com/"]http://jeffruby.com/[/url]

Jean roberts is probably the best restaurant in cincinnati (i forgot about it). After he left the masionnette, they went down a notch.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 20 2005, 02:32 PM']Jason, I believe the decision to move has been finalized, I'm unsure exactly where, but I think that the leading candidate was/is the Kenwood area...Covington was also courting them...
[right][post="94667"][/post][/right][/quote]
It's in my back yard in Kenwood. :D
Mine would be Sturkey's in Wyoming.
Carlos and Johnny's
Barresi's in DeerPark
PF Chang

sorry I had to put 4. :D

Before every Bengal's Home Game, the best place to go is Wertheim's in the Mainstrasse. You can park for free, eat a Jeagerschnitzel for lunch, and then pay a buck to ride the Shuttel to the game.

I am going to settle this once and for all:
Dixie>Skyline>Empress>Gold Star

[quote name='STRAYCAT' date='May 20 2005, 06:51 PM']It's in my back yard in Kenwood.  :D
Mine would be Sturkey's in Wyoming.
Carlos and Johnny's
Barresi's in DeerPark
PF Chang

sorry I had to put 4.  :D
[right][post="94721"][/post][/right][/quote]

My choices as well, but I would replace PF Chang's with Grand Finale.

[quote]Grand Finale[/quote]
hell yeah. Cincinnati's best kept secret.
It's a long drive from Walton, but sometimes it's worth it.

[quote name='whodey319' date='May 20 2005, 02:38 PM']remember when Ruby jumped out of a moving car to go after his cocaine stash when his wife threw it out of his car?  Classic
[right][post="94670"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

His wife pushed him out of the car. He still owns he waterfront, its just that the barge that the outdoor club (coconut Joes) is on is sinking, so he sold it, it didnt matter too much anyway.

My fav retaurants

Bangkok Bistro, Eerie Ave, Hyde Park East
Zips, Mt Lookout
Boca, Oakley
Bella, downtown, next to Maisonette
Skyline
Chipotle (yeah, not local owned, but..)
Rubys, and Tropicana
Benihana (it was better as the Samuari though)

[quote name='Jason' date='May 20 2005, 06:37 PM']You mean your parents, or actual "mom and pop" restaraunts?  Which ones do you like?

Actually, Scotti's would count, it is family owned and run.
[right][post="94638"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

there is just a couple little hole in the walls, like
Stephens in Cheviot...actually ther are a couple
little restaurants in lovely Cheviot...Stephens probably has 10 booths total...
One down in Miamitown that's pretty good...little
pizza joint....

Archived