Chapman clocked at 105

BengalBacker

[quote name='STRAYCAT' timestamp='1283031045' post='910849']
get him up here for the playoffs before he blows his elbow out
[/quote]

You shouldn't waste even the smallest scrap of energy on negative thoughts.

No.

You.

Shouldn't.

You know . . . you never think . . . let alone say the word tiger while your crawling through a jungle.

[b][url="http://twitter.com/johnfayman"][color="#0a0501"]johnfayman[/color][/url][/b] [url=""] [/url] [url="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Reds"][color="#0a0501"]#Reds[/color][/url] announce Aroldis Chapman will be called up for tomorrow's game.
[url="http://twitter.com/johnfayman/status/22561152082"]38 minutes ago[/url] via [url="http://www.tweetdeck.com/"]TweetDeck[/url]

I don't trust the minor league radar guns... Especially when they are quoted to hype some hot marketable prospect.

Remember when Bailey was reportedly throwing 100mph gas? Then he comes to the bigs and tops out in the low to mid 90's...

I will temper my elation until I see it in the bigs..

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1283275753' post='912131']
I don't trust the minor league radar guns... Especially when they are quoted to hype some hot marketable prospect.

Remember when Bailey was reportedly throwing 100mph gas? Then he comes to the bigs and tops out in the low to mid 90's...

I will temper my elation until I see it in the bigs..
[/quote]

a scout (non-Reds) clocked him at 105 twice. Buster Olney said the guy even replaced the batteries after the first time because he couldn't believe the gun was working right.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1283277466' post='912143']
a scout (non-Reds) clocked him at 105 twice. Buster Olney said the guy even replaced the batteries after the first time because he couldn't believe the gun was working right.
[/quote]

And did I see a report that the scoreboard reflected the same speed, or am was I drinking?

[b]He will be making lots of progress if they could pitch him everyday. I doubt its possible you could overwork him. I'd bet you if you asked him he'd say that he'd like to pitch everyday. [/b]

"He comes to the ballpark every day anticipating he has a chance to pitch," pitching coach Bryan Price said. "We gave him a challenge to learn how to pitch out of the bullpen, and he's done a phenomenal job with it, especially as a closer of late."

[b][size="6"]Chapman did not allow a hit in his last eight outings and posted a 0.83 ERA in his last 20 appearances in the Minors. He limited opposing hitters to a .083 batting average in his last 13 outings and also converted eight of nine save opportunities.[/size][/b]

:blink:

:bowdown:

:dance2:

Off the field he's transitioned from a life of poverty to the life of a millionaire. He's adjusted to American culture like a rock star -- he already drives a Lamborghini.

On the field he remains a work in progress.

"When God drew up what a pitcher's body is supposed to look like, it was just like Chapman's," said Terry Reynolds, Cincinnati's senior director of player development and global scouting. "His stuff is outstanding. The main thing is him being indoctrinated with being a pro on and off the field. Ability-wise, he will be in the top five to 10 guys in the game when he steps on the field. It's just the other stuff that goes with it."

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1283292548' post='912196']
I hope he doesn't. I'm pulling for a complete game from Harang.
[/quote]

While I can get behind that, I see it as pretty unlikely in his first outing back. Then again, Volquez's best outing since he's been back was his first start, so go figure. I just don't think Harang has anything left, but would love to be proven wrong.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1283292548' post='912196']
I hope he doesn't. I'm pulling for a complete game from Harang.
[/quote]

Does 4 innings count? I know you are going to think I was rooting against Harang or something, and I really wasnt, I would have loved for him to go out and pitch 9 shutout innings. I just have watched a lot of Reds games in my life and the dude just doesnt cut it anymore.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1283302904' post='912237']
Does 4 innings count? I know you are going to think I was rooting against Harang or something, and I really wasnt, I would have loved for him to go out and pitch 9 shutout innings. I just have watched a lot of Reds games in my life and the dude just doesnt cut it anymore.
[/quote]

I agree, but Chapman lit up the house. Literally.

Archived