Reds Win!

akiliMVP

Ramirez is pitching well tonight (so far) as well...amazingly, Harang is now our ace!
I like this Bergolla kid that's taking Jimenez's place, too...
Move Wilson to the bullpen to make room for Luke Hudson's return, keep starting Claussen to see if his injury has been affecting him, if he recovers and pitches well, he keeps his spot, if not, he goes into the pen also (or gets assignment) to make room for Josh Hancock's return, Ortiz is starting to pitch well, and Milton, well, what do you do with him? He has a big, multi-year deal...I say you stick with him..

However, it's hard to get too excited about this team just yet, but I think there is hope for the starting rotation to jell, which will help us immensly...now if we can just trade Graves and someone like Kearns for a young, 95mph bullpen arm, we'll win 80-90 games this year and actually have hope for next season... B)

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 21 2005, 08:01 PM']
Ramirez is pitching well tonight (so far) as well...amazingly, Harang is now our ace!
Move Wilson to the bullpen to make room for Luke Hudson's return, keep starting Claussen to see if his injury has been affecting him, if he recovers and pitches well, he keeps his spot, if not, he goes into the pen also (or gets assignment) to make room for Josh Hancock's return, Ortiz is starting to pitch well, and Milton, well, what do you do with him? He has a big, multi-year deal...I say you stick with him..

I think in the next couple years claussen will be our ace...with the amazing outfield pena freel dunn kearns and griffey and the good infield theres no reason the reds shouldnt be beating the cards for the division...lets just say for now the team in cincy is the bengals :)

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 21 2005, 08:01 PM']Ramirez is pitching well tonight (so far) as well...amazingly, Harang is now our ace!
Move Wilson to the bullpen to make room for Luke Hudson's return, keep starting Claussen to see if his injury has been affecting him, if he recovers and pitches well, he keeps his spot, if not, he goes into the pen also (or gets assignment) to make room for Josh Hancock's return, Ortiz is starting to pitch well, and Milton, well, what do you do with him?  He has a big, multi-year deal...I say you stick with him..

However, it's hard to get too excited about this team just yet, but I think there is hope for the starting rotation to jell, which will help us immensly...now if we can just trade Graves and someone like Kearns for a young, 95mph bullpen arm, we'll win 80-90 games this year and actually have hope for next season... B)
[right][post="94946"][/post][/right][/quote]

i wish kentucky had a MLB team so you would stop wasting my time with this hogwash.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 22 2005, 01:01 AM']Ramirez is pitching well tonight (so far) as well...amazingly, Harang is now our ace!
Move Wilson to the bullpen to make room for Luke Hudson's return, keep starting Claussen to see if his injury has been affecting him, if he recovers and pitches well, he keeps his spot, if not, he goes into the pen also (or gets assignment) to make room for Josh Hancock's return, Ortiz is starting to pitch well, and Milton, well, what do you do with him?  He has a big, multi-year deal...I say you stick with him..

[right][post="94946"][/post][/right][/quote]

Must be smoking the chronic :crazy:

Is it time for the Reds to cut their losses with Graves? The guy has lost all effectivness with his 88 mph fastball and has shown today that he can't even be used as a setup man :(

Do him and the Reds a favor and cut him already

i think the reds have far far worse problems than graves, like 60% of the starting rotation. it was 3-2 when ortiz went out.. and i dont care if he gave up 35 runs and we lose 37-2 or if we lose 3-2. he didnt give up the winning runs. we lose if graves pitches a shutout.

also, out fielding is pathetic. griffey and dunn both watch a fly ball drop between then saturday night, both could have caught it without muhc more than lifting thier arm.

we could replace 4-5 players with guys from the minors and not get much different results. sadly, all of the talent we have play the same positions. it would be like the bengals dropping hardy, webster, warrick, and justin smith to go pick up tom brady and peyton manning. and it comes down to money. we could easily grab 2 stud pitchers, paying about 7-8mil ayear, and a stud catcher and an infielder paying them 7-8 mil a tear and still be under 100 mil. and we would eaisly turn the team around.

with or without graves.

the problem with graves, he comes in when thier is still hope in the lil fans hearts that are non-star bats are gonna coem through, ... the bats never do, but graves gets the blame

how about saturday night when griffey and dunn one after another watched a perfect strike three go by with guys on base.

griffey isnt much better than dunn, he either hits a double/hr or strikes out like a AA player. kearns isnt winni any batting titles anytime soon either

we scored 2 runs
greg maddox needs more than two runs to win.

nolan ryan needs more than two runs to win.

roger clemens needs more than two runs to win

our biggest problem is the bat, not danny graves.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='May 22 2005, 09:52 PM']i think the reds have far far worse problems than graves, like 60% of the starting rotation. it was 3-2 when ortiz went out.. and i dont care if he gave up 35 runs and we lose 37-2 or if we lose 3-2. he didnt give up the winning runs. we lose if graves pitches a shutout.

also, out fielding is pathetic. griffey and dunn both watch a fly ball drop between then saturday night, both could have caught it without muhc more than lifting thier arm.

we could replace 4-5 players with guys from the minors and not get much different results. sadly, all of the talent we have play the same positions. it would be like the bengals dropping hardy, webster, warrick, and justin smith to go pick up tom brady and peyton manning. and it comes down to money. we could easily grab 2 stud pitchers, paying about 7-8mil  ayear, and a stud catcher and  an infielder paying them 7-8 mil a tear and still be under 100 mil.  and we would eaisly turn the team around.
with or without graves.

the problem with graves, he comes in when thier is still hope in the lil fans hearts that are non-star bats are gonna coem through, ... the bats never do, but graves gets the blame

how about saturday night when griffey and dunn one after another watched a perfect strike three go by with guys on base.

griffey isnt much better than dunn, he either hits a double/hr or strikes out like a AA player.  kearns isnt winni any batting titles anytime soon either
we scored 2 runs
greg maddox needs more than two runs to win.

nolan ryan needs more than two runs to win.

roger clemens needs more than two runs to win

our biggest problem is the bat, not danny graves.
[right][post="95127"][/post][/right][/quote]

No doubt we have a problem with offense but you can't deny Graves is a big as a problem

As a matter of fact, this team has big problems in every aspect of their game :(

[quote name='Storm' date='May 22 2005, 07:59 PM']No doubt we have a problem with offense but you can't deny Graves is a big as a problem

As a matter of fact, this team has big problems in every aspect of their game :(
[right][post="95184"][/post][/right][/quote]

he has 1 loss.

he has lost us 1 game.

counting upper amangement, owners, staff, coaches, and players, graves is probably around 20-25th on the shit list.

You're wrong, Go. Graves doesn't get tagged with losses if he comes in when we're behind like today and gives up enough runs to [i]assure[/i] the loss, the loss goes to the starter because he was behind when he left...but you're right that the offense is surely to blame for many of our losses...especially the ones where we score five runs in the first three innings, get a decent performance from our starting pitcher, then our 5-1 lead gets eroded by our bullpen and the bats fall silent and cannot play catchup....I also have to say you're right about Dunn/Griffey, and for that matter Pena, they are all defensive liabilities in the outfield....I wish we could clone Freel and be allowed to only play he and his 2 clones at all outfield positions while alllowing Griff, Dunn, Pena/Kearns to ONLY hit and not have to field...sadly, this is baseball...

BTW, Graves' ERA is above 5.00, which is godawful for a designated "closer" regardless of the fact that he is 1-2 with 10 out of 12 converted save chances....

Hey Go, have you watched Graves pitch this year? He has sucked even in his saves! How many saves does he have that would have just been a "hold' but he gave up runs and it turned into a save?

Theres no way you can defend this guy if you're watching the games

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 23 2005, 12:01 AM']You're wrong, Go.  Graves doesn't get tagged with losses if he comes in when we're behind like today and gives up enough runs to [i]assure[/i] the loss, the loss goes to the starter because he was behind when he left...but you're right that the offense is surely to blame for many of our losses...especially the ones where we score five runs in the first three innings, get a decent performance from our starting pitcher, then our 5-1 lead gets eroded by our bullpen and the bats fall silent and cannot play catchup....I also have to say you're right about Dunn/Griffey, and for that matter Pena, they are all defensive liabilities in the outfield....I wish we could clone Freel and be allowed to only play he and his 2 clones at all outfield positions while alllowing Griff, Dunn, Pena/Kearns to ONLY hit and not have to field...sadly, this is baseball...

BTW, Graves' ERA is above 5.00, which is godawful for a designated "closer" regardless of the fact that he is 1-2 with 10 out of 12 converted save chances....
[right][post="95337"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

our starters have REA's that high too, and how many of those games did we not score anymore runs anyway? probably almost all of them. graves sucks, but he isnt losing any games for us. the game was already lost before he sucked ass too.

[quote name='Storm' date='May 23 2005, 07:31 AM']Hey Go, have you watched Graves pitch this year?  He has sucked even in his saves!  How many saves does he have that would have just been a "hold' but he gave up runs and it turned into a save?

Theres no way you can defend this guy if you're watching the games
[right][post="95380"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

he doesnt have any saves, i dont think, i never said he didnt suck balls, i said he is the least of our problems. he hasnt exactly had a bunch of save opportunities. the team sucks, the coachung sucks, the ownership and management sucks. those are all far far far bigger problems than a closer. a solid closer doesnt make the starting pitchers better, it doesnt make us score more than 2 runs, and it doesnt magically create saves when we were already losing...

graves sucks, that clear, but so does everyone else, graves can be relased or traded in no time, the entire team and ownership and mangement cant.

Archived