Question for those who have used Sunday Ticket in the past...

So i was browsing the future schedule.. online at directv. it only lists the standard def (SD) channels for games, and when i go to that channel/time in my guide, its a different game, then when i key word search bengals, the HD patriots game shows up in the 150-ish range, which is "CINE" channels which is pay per view normally i think..

anyone remember previous years how it works exactly? seems like the online guide is retarded...

thanks for any advice/input.

If you are talking about games only shown on direct tv and not on the local channels, the standard def games are on the normal football package and you get the HD games if you upgrade to superfan. The way I believe it worked last year was if a SD Bengal game was on channel 705 the HD game would be on 706. Hope this answered your question.

[quote name='CalifBengalfan' timestamp='1283401064' post='912652']
If you are talking about games only shown on direct tv and not on the local channels, the standard def games are on the normal football package and you get the HD games if you upgrade to superfan. The way I believe it worked last year was if a SD Bengal game was on channel 705 the HD game would be on 706. Hope this answered your question.
[/quote]

thanks for the reply.. seems superfan doesnt exist anymore..

[quote]
[b] New for 2010! Every game in HD and much more. [/b]
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ is back and more awesome than ever. Of course you still get every game, every Sunday^. But now you can experience every game in HD. Plus, you also get the Red Zone Channel, up to 8 games at the same time on the Game Mix Channel, Short Cuts and more. You won't find anything like it with DISH Network or cable. If you're a football fan, you need NFL SUNDAY TICKET™. And it's available only on DIRECTV. [/quote]

and you get the HD just in the normal package..

wonder if that changed up the normal channels or not.. seems odd.. perhaps itll make sense once time gets closer.

Thanks!

[quote name='CalifBengalfan' timestamp='1283401064' post='912652']
[/quote]

Yep he is basically right. There is a also a mobile package that would allow you to watch it on your phone. Make sure they don't automatically sign you up. Existing Sunday Ticket customers were signed up automatically unless they opted out.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1283401488' post='912653']
thanks for the reply.. seems superfan doesnt exist anymore..

and you get the HD just in the normal package..

wonder if that changed up the normal channels or not.. seems odd.. perhaps itll make sense once time gets closer.

Thanks!
[/quote]

I have had it for the past 6 years. Last year was the first year i had it in HD(man i dont know how i did it before that, it was like watching the game underwater). Anyway, i had to pay an extra $100.00 to have it in HD. This year, supposedly, you do not have to pay extra. They are just going to give their customers the games in HD w/ the regular Sunday Ticket package. The games will start at around 701 and go on up. If the SD is on 701, the HD will be on 702. Thats how it should work this year as well.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1283398612' post='912644']
So i was browsing the future schedule.. online at directv. it only lists the standard def (SD) channels for games, and when i go to that channel/time in my guide, its a different game, then when i key word search bengals, the HD patriots game shows up in the 150-ish range, which is "CINE" channels which is pay per view normally i think..

anyone remember previous years how it works exactly? seems like the online guide is retarded...

thanks for any advice/input.
[/quote]

just go to the guide menu and click sports...... and go up to the 700's i think...... and the guide is retrarded right now - they have moved some stuff...

I've had NFL Sunday ticket for more than 10 years - it's not cheap, but for an out-of-towner especially, it's well worth it to see all of the Bengals' games... and on HD, no less. A couple of other "bonuses" with it - they show the coaches' shows (those 30-minute specials before the games) and the Red Zone (extra $) package, to me, has a cool feature where the next day, they cut out all of the commercials, time between plays, etc. for each game and show the ENTIRE game in 30 minutes - so if there's another game you wanted to see but weren't able to, it's a convenient, fast way to watch it.

The channel guide is kinda odd... the games are in the 700s as others have said. Typically, they don't set the channels/games more than a week in advance, and even then, if you're DVR'ing the game, be careful because they'll initially schedule the game for a channel, and the time is from 5a-4p, for example... but closer to the game, they'll set the schedule for the game at 4.5 hours. Not sure why - it's pretty strange, so just make sure you've got the recording set up for the shorter time period.

Superfan is no longer necessary to get all the games in HD (like Jason said). They raised the price for the package, but lowered the cost of Superfan significantly as well, so I think they come close to balancing out. This will be my 11th year with Sunday Ticket. It's the best if you're not in the home market.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1283670159' post='914458']
looks like its listed now on channel 709 and 709-1(HD) in my guide channel 709 doesnt exist.... i assume it will magically appear.. if not ill be calling sat night/snday morning..
[/quote]
It should be there for you a couple hours before the game. Sunday Ticket always has me sweating up until game time but I haven't missed a Bengals game in the five years I've lived out of state so you should be fine.

Archived