Cincinnati Bengals WR Jerome Simpson Might Be a Little Too Sensitive for the NFL

[quote name='StrengthOfFates' timestamp='1283747882' post='914870']
I don't know what's goofier - the people wetting themselves over someone's joke about Jerome Simpson or the guy who wrote an essay in response to a 140 character tweet. Why is Jerome Simpson suddenly exempt of all criticism? Did he get ahold of some of Mohammed's "goo"?

*face palm*

I really hope you are related to Jerome Simpson. If not, get a hobby.

I'm no Jerome Simpson fan, but I trust that the coaching staff made the right decision in keeping him. Hope he'll be a star, just don't think it's likely.
[/quote]

Don't like it, then don't fucking read it.

I hope you're related to someone with an IQ that registers, if not, get a fucking life.

Have a nice day.

[quote name='BrassBengal' timestamp='1283735919' post='914785']
2. Pray nightly that offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski never gets fired because it would take you another three years to learn the new coordinator's playbook, [b]which means you would be the first six-year veteran in the history of the NFL to never start a game.[/b] That would be an awesome record to hold.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, here are Simpson's stats after two full seasons with the Bengals: Eight games played, [b]one game started,[/b] one catch for two yards.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/452257-bengals-wr-jerome-simpson-might-be-a-little-to-sensitve-for-the-nfl
[/quote]

Some damn fine reporting there.

Anyways... im really pulling for Simpson. This is definitely the year that he has to show some sort of progress or he will be gone, but i am confident that he will. After the draft when everyone was saying hed be gone after matt jones and dez briscoe's addition i kept saying that he would make the roster. Hope my faith in him isnt misplaced, he has a lot of talent.

[quote name='DontPushMe' timestamp='1283752170' post='914885']
Some damn fine reporting there.

Anyways... im really pulling for Simpson. This is definitely the year that he has to show some sort of progress or he will be gone, but i am confident that he will. After the draft when everyone was saying hed be gone after matt jones and dez briscoe's addition i kept saying that he would make the roster. Hope my faith in him isnt misplaced, he has a lot of talent.
[/quote]

LMFAO, i was just about to post those 2 things and ask which was true. i guess he sucks at reporting more than jerome "sucks" at football.

side note: also from everything i was ever told was that jerome never had a problem learning the playbook it was learning how to read the defense and know when to cut off or change a route based on the coverage. his route running looked significantly better than it did last year this preseason too.

So am I the only one who thinks this guy has a point? If you're ever going to get anywhere in the NFL, you're going to have to get used to people taking a cheap shot at you. We all hope (or at least I guess we do) that Jerome is going to get better and end up being a stud for the Bengals and having a great career. If that happens, along the way he's going to have to put up with this sort of stuff only a lot more of it. Imagine if Brett Favre took any notice of all the shit that's written about him. He probably wouldn't get out of bed in the morning. Or what about all the shit that Chad gets thrown at him every day which is about 10,000 times worse than this?

This was just a 'throw away' comment which Simpson should have just ignored. He should just focus on improving his game and the only criticism he should be listening to is from his own coaching staff. John Breech writes stuff, Jerome Simpson plays football. If he lets something as minor as this get to him, he's never going to get anywhere in the game.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1283749327' post='914875']
Don't like it, then don't fucking read it.

I hope you're related to someone with an IQ that registers, if not, get a fucking life.

Have a nice day.
[/quote]

Dang, Chief, remind me never to get on your bad side. :)

[quote name='fredtoast' timestamp='1283742287' post='914825']
That is because you are a dumbass

Miles Austin had only 5 receptions his first 2 seasons and he had 1300+ for the Cowboys last year.

Malcolm Floyd had only 3 catches his first 2 seasons and he had almost 800 yards for the Chargers last season.

Robert Meachem had only 12 catches his first two seasons, but had over 700 yards for the Saints last year.

Lance Moore only had 1 reception over his first two seasons, but had over 900 yards for the saints in '08.

Brandon Stokley only had 12 catches his first two seasons, but went on to have a 1,000 yard season for the Colts.
[/quote]

I think the problem is every one knows that his stats are going to suck this year too. His only hope is to be WR#4 on the roster, and that will likely be Caldwell and Cosby 5th. My thoughts are if he doesn't see the field this year, it'll be a good thing, because that means Chad and TO are healthy. If one of those is dinged up, I have to imagine that Simpson will get more action then. Anyway, I'm fine waiting one more year for the Rome show.

[quote name='ccartman2' timestamp='1283780050' post='914915']
I think the problem is every one knows that his stats are going to suck this year too. His only hope is to be WR#4 on the roster, and that will likely be Caldwell and Cosby 5th. My thoughts are if he doesn't see the field this year, it'll be a good thing, because that means Chad and TO are healthy. If one of those is dinged up, I have to imagine that Simpson will get more action then. Anyway, I'm fine waiting one more year for the Rome show.
[/quote]

I think you may see weeks where Caldwell is not active, sometimes Simpson.

I would have agreed with you that Simpson would always be on the bench, but I got the hint yesterday from Marvin that he's disappointed in Caldwell's recent play/effort.

[quote name='ccartman2' timestamp='1283780050' post='914915']
[/quote]

At this rate Chad Ocho Cincos son will start at WR before Jerome 11 inch hands Simpson. I cant wait for the first time Jerome is on the field, doesnt read the blitz and palmer gets picked off throwing the hot route Jerome was suppose to run.

[quote name='SoCal.BengalFan' timestamp='1283781328' post='914927']
At this rate Chad Ocho Cincos son will start at WR before Jerome 11 inch hands Simpson. I cant wait for the first time Jerome is on the field, doesnt read the blitz and palmer gets picked off throwing the hot route Jerome was suppose to run.
[/quote]

way to be a fan, rooting for your QB to throw an interception.

Well done dumbass.

Jerome Simpson has my full support.

He is a Bengal. His success equals Bengals success.

I wish he would pay no attention to his haters. But if it fuels his fire,
then hate on haters.

Sometimes fans need to shut the fuck up and just be fans.
Wanting a player that your team has a lot invested into to
fail is just dumb.

And WTF did Briscoe do to make anyone think he should be
kept over Simpson? Simpson led the team in yards and was
second in catches this past preseason. And he led the team
in catches and yards his rookie preseason. Briscoe had 1
big catch against guys that will be selling insurance.
And 4 catches in 5 games this preason. Whoa.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_FL' timestamp='1283783709' post='914937']
Chad gets on Twitter and does the same thing some times. I guess he'll always be a shitty receiver. Oh wait ...

My bet is on someone always being shitty at their "job" and it wasn't the subject of the article.
[/quote]

i didnt think it was possible for someone to be too stupid for bleecher report...

[quote name='john_breech' timestamp='1283740109' post='914811']
Jeb, just for the record, that would be the opposite of true. When I tweeted "Dez Briscoe will be in the Hall-of-Fame before Jerome Simpson starts a game for the Bengals," I didn't direct the tweet at Simpson's twitter account (which for the record is [url="http://twitter.com/rome089"]@rome089[/url]). This means, Jerome Simpson woke up this morning, searched his name on Twitter, didn't like what I wrote and decided to send me a personal message (meaning what he wrote didn't show up for his twitter followers, it was only visible to me). [/quote]

Good, ...I'm glad he keeps track of what we say about him.

I'm just not sure why that is such a big deal to you (worthy of a follow up), ...therefore, ...it comes off as a lame tweak in a tweet war.

I had many responses to my articles by the subjects in those pieces (a few threats). I never wrote a follow up article about the responses, ...it would have been too boring of a subject for my readers.

I realize that, ...why don't you?

I'm neither pro or against Simpson. I am only interested in his progress and, ...so far so good this preseason.

[quote name='SoCal.BengalFan' timestamp='1283781328' post='914927']
[/quote]

i can. i've never thought much of the guy, but i derive no pleasure from his miscues...just makes me pull my hair out.

I wish if Jerome Simpson could smack the shit outta that Breech guy with his big ass hands!

[size="4"][b]Slaaaaaap![/b][/size]

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/nammari/0504082238.jpg[/IMG]

I remember when they showed that on the news after they drafted him and I paused the TV to snap a pic of it with my phone!

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1283802564' post='915107']
i can. i've never thought much of the guy, but i derive no pleasure from his miscues...just makes me pull my hair out.
[/quote]

I too can wait...and certainly not revel in watching him confirm our doubts.

Hopefully..and for the sake of our winning 2010 season...big hands is going to be safely positioned on the inactive list every week.

Archived