Anyone here use Skore it?

Bengals1181

Never used it but seems like a ripoff

it's $0.40 to $0.60 just to bid and you get overbid in a few seconds and paid money for nothing. I looked at an ipod touch on there, currently at $9.55 at $0.01 increments so 975 bids. 955*$0.40 = almost $400 that the site is getting for one ipod touch and the bidding is still going strong.

If you happen to get lucky and be the last person to bid then great, but hundreds of others are going to walk away with nothing.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1284690897' post='919456']
Never used it but seems like a ripoff

it's $0.40 to $0.60 just to bid and you get overbid in a few seconds and paid money for nothing. I looked at an ipod touch on there, currently at $9.55 at $0.01 increments so 975 bids. 955*$0.40 = almost $400 that the site is getting for one ipod touch and the bidding is still going strong.

If you happen to get lucky and be the last person to bid then great, but hundreds of others are going to walk away with nothing.
[/quote]
Wow what a racket. Sounds like a variation on the old pyramid scheme.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1284682798' post='919440']
Anyone here use www.skoreit.com ? Curious for some feedback. It seems too good to be true, but at the same time they're a sponsor for Mike & Mike and I'd think ESPN would check the "legitness" of companies before letting them be a sponsor for one of their shows.
[/quote]

Its a ripoff unless you just happen to get lucky or time it right and get it right at the perfect time.

You might win something for 10 bucks, but its like .50 a bid and only goes up a penny each time, so thats what 1000 bids, so really they sell it for like 500 bucks.

And once it gets to like 1 min left it actually lasts like 3 hours.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1284694666' post='919460']
Its a ripoff unless you just happen to get lucky or time it right and get it right at the perfect time.

You might win something for 10 bucks, but its like .50 a bid and only goes up a penny each time, so thats what 1000 bids, so really they sell it for like 500 bucks.

And once it gets to like 1 min left it actually lasts like 3 hours.
[/quote]

yea after I made the thread I watched some of the bidding on items that were about to end.

Like ebay, the key seems to be to wait until the last 30 seconds and try and get lucky.

Yes they sell it for like $500, but if the person who wins it is only spending $5 it could work out well.

Mike & Mike have a promo code for $10 worth of free bids but I can't remember what it is and they haven't tweeted me back the answer.

man, whoever invented is making a killing. I'm watching this one bid and its gotten about 200 bids in the last 10 minutes, and they're making $.60 off each bid.

It's really a trick of timing and getting lucky. $75 gift card with 900 bids but only at $9.05 price so far. It's a matter of waiting out everyone else and hope you don't waste too many bids in the meantime.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1284738153' post='919566']
man, whoever invented is making a killing. I'm watching this one bid and its gotten about 200 bids in the last 10 minutes, and they're making $.60 off each bid.

It's really a trick of timing and getting lucky. $75 gift card with 900 bids but only at $9.05 price so far. It's a matter of waiting out everyone else and hope you don't waste too many bids in the meantime.
[/quote]

Yeah the problem is you have no idea when its gonna stop...it really is all about getting lucky...one person wins and spends like 15 bucks (with bids and stuff) and hten like 100 people lose 5 bucks each and they end up making over 500 bucks on something thats like 75 bucks.

There is an ipad going for like 106 dollars right now...thats 10,600 bids at like .60 a piece thats 5000+ bucks they are making on it...ridiculous.

One thing I did just read which is kind of cool is that they have some "Overtime Skoreit" things where if you dont win the bidding you can buy the item for retail price minus the whatever you spent on bids.
So i guess if you know you wanna buy it even at retail price and it has the overtime option, you might as well do it worst case you get it retail price.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1284751333' post='919637']
There is an ipad going for like 106 dollars right now...thats 10,600 bids at like .60 a piece thats 5000+ bucks they are making on it...ridiculous.

One thing I did just read which is kind of cool is that they have some "Overtime Skoreit" things where if you dont win the bidding you can buy the item for retail price minus the whatever you spent on bids.
So i guess if you know you wanna buy it even at retail price and it has the overtime option, you might as well do it worst case you get it retail price.
[/quote]

yea they are making a fortune on that site, even if they're just up and running for a few weeks.

Archived