What will it take for you to be happy with the Reds' Season?

Jason

Happiness is.....  

14 members have voted

1. 1. At this point, what do the Reds have to do to make you happy with this season?

• They finally have a winning record, I'm already happy!
    • Just don't implode - make it to the post season.
    • Win at least 1 or 2 games in the first series, don't get swept.
    • They have to at least win the first round.
    • Win at least 1 game in the NLCS
    • Win the NLCS
    • Win at least 1 WS game
    • I won't be happy with anything less than a championship!

So, what will it take for you to be happy with the Reds season?

I think at the start of the year most of us would have been thrilled just to finish with a winning record. But now, what will it take?

I know it will be disappointing if they don't win the WS now that they are all but in the post season.

But given the year as a whole, what will it take for you to say:

"That was a good season, I'm happy with what they did."

Honeslty if you asked me before the year Id say just a winning season.

But at this point, with how happy I am with this season and an 8 game lead with 10 to play, if some crazy disaster happened to keep us out of the post season it would be so devastating it would take a long time to get over. With that said, its not gonna happen, we are gonna make the playoffs.

After the season Ill be happy no matter how we do in the playoffs. It would be disappointing if we lost in the first round let alone got swept, but it would take away from the good year we had and we have a ton to build on. Still very young and this team should be even better next year.

I just hope we go out and play good baseball, if we lose to a better team so be it. I just dont wanna go out and play like shit in the playoffs and have that be the reason we didnt make it.

Playoffs should be a lot of fun, I hope we are competitive for it.

"Just don't implode...make it to the post season"

I knew this team could at least play .500 ball this year. They have already exceeded that expectation and are 20 games over as of today. But since they have played great since May, they need to make it to the post season. This team had a lot of questions at the beginning of the year (and still have a few). They look good and ready for next year. If Jocketty can keep the core of the team together and add those last remaining pieces, the sky is the limit next year. This year has been fun and it would be good for them to end it on a bright note. Having both professional teams get back to the playoffs in the same year would be freaking awesome!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1285187966' post='921666']
if they make it past the first round I'll be ecstatic. [b]They don't have the pitching to make the world series.[/b]
[/quote]

I don't know about that...Obviously our pitchers aren't as good as say, the Phillies rotation,but we could hang tough with Arroyo, Wood, Cueto and especially Volquez (if he continues to pitch like he has been lately) provided our offense does its part.

[quote name='The Scales' timestamp='1285187757' post='921662']
Yes.

and If that happened. Which would be unusual. It wouldn't matter to me at least. I'd enjoy seeing them play some post season stuff don't get me wrong. But if they totally collapsed. The Sun will come out tomorrow.
[/quote]

Well yeah it wont be the end of the world, but I certainly wouldnt be happy.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1285187966' post='921666']
if they make it past the first round I'll be ecstatic. They don't have the pitching to make the world series.
[/quote]

Any team can make the world series once you make the playoffs...you only have to go 7-5 essentially to make it.

Arroyo is very experienced and if hes on his game he can be a solid pitcher. Volquez pitched 8 innings of 1 run ball against a very good offensive team yesterday. Cueto has great stufff when hes on. Wood was 3 outs away from a perfect game against the best team in the NL and a team we might face.

I mean could all those guys go out and get rocked? Yeah...could any of them go out and pitch awesome? Yes.

In the playoffs anything can happen.

[quote name='The Scales' timestamp='1285283584' post='921948']
I hope you don't tell your kids they can't be the president.
[/quote]

there's a difference between hope and expectations.

I hope someday someone pulls the crayon out of your brain.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/bo5ton/simpsonsoftheweek/Homr/40.gif[/IMG]

I don't post in here often but this conversation intrigued me. I grew up watching The Big Red Machine in the 70's so, for myself, I kind of expect them to win the whole damn thing. So, from here on out, I'm counting on them to dominate. I wish them the best.
MULLY

Archived