Hey fellers

oftt4

Hi all. Been gone for a while, and I know you missed me.

Got transferred across the country, finished my Masters (and started on another one), and witnessed the birth of my first child. Been a busy few months.

Anyhoo, looking forward to some more lively debates this season.

Good luck this year, except in weeks 9 and 14.

[quote name='oftt4' timestamp='1285290934' post='921977']
Hi all. Been gone for a while, and I know you missed me.

Got transferred across the country, finished my Masters (and started on another one), and witnessed the birth of my first child. Been a busy few months.

Anyhoo, looking forward to some more lively debates this season.

Good luck this year, except in weeks 9 and 14.
[/quote]

So it is in fact possible for a Steelers fan to acquire a Masters degree? What was it in, trailer park construction?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1285291772' post='921983']
So it is in fact possible for a Steelers fan to acquire a Masters degree? What was it in, trailer park construction?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Master(s)-bater. :)

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1285291772' post='921983']

[/quote]

It was in IT, my second one is going to be an MBA.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1285294885' post='921994']
Master(s)-bater. :)
[/quote]

That was my minor.

And, cmon, no congrats for my son?? You guys arent that big a bunch of pricks are ya?

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1285391331' post='922229']
A Masters degree in IT?

Unless you plan on going into academia, enjoy your job managing the Geek Squad at your local Best Buy...
[/quote]

I'm gonna be doing my masters in IT at Va Tech once I finish up this last year at Mason, but mine is geared towards software architecture so that I can design large scale distributed systems.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1285391331' post='922229']
A Masters degree in IT?

Unless you plan on going into academia, enjoy your job managing the Geek Squad at your local Best Buy...
[/quote]

It is focused on Telecommunications Management, which fits nicely into my line of work. I didnt get it to find a new job, I got it to advance in my current one. But hey, maybe some day I can work for the Geek Squad.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1285383734' post='922221']
Congrats for what? Adding another human to this overpopulated world?

/prick
[/quote]
My wife and I are two people. We made one to replace us. The way I figure it, we are reducing the population.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1285412554' post='922240']
Yeah,congrats [b]offt[/b] on the birth of your son. I guess I must have missed that part being all agog as I was over a Steelers fan having a higher education!

:lol:
[/quote]

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1285403745' post='922238']
Congratulations!

Be the best Dad you can be.
[/quote]
[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1285416388' post='922246']
Congrats, just dont raise the poor kid to be a steelers fan.
[/quote]

Thanks all.

And Jamie, I'll let the kid decide on his own. My dad is a Pats fan, my sister is a cowboys fan, my aunt is a dolphins fan, my wife's aunt is a Raiders fan (and we are all from New England). So, no pressure on him. Hell, he may not even like football.

[quote name='oftt4' timestamp='1285432344' post='922266']
It is focused on Telecommunications Management, which fits nicely into my line of work. I didnt get it to find a new job, I got it to advance in my current one. But hey, maybe some day I can work for the Geek Squad.

[/quote]

Fair enough (and good luck {no, seriously}).

Advanced degrees in IT tend to price you out of the market, particularly since the .com bust, but if you can use it for upward mobility at your current job more power to ya.

[quote name='oftt4' timestamp='1285432344' post='922266']

My wife and I are two people. We made one to replace us. The way I figure it, we are reducing the population.

[/quote]

Way to flip the bird to the kid stuck in an orphanage. He was probably the offspring of a meth head stealers fan, he would have fit in great in your household.

/bigger prick

[quote name='oftt4' timestamp='1285531208' post='922976']
You guys have a bad QB. Sorry, had to say it.
[/quote]

No.

Doubt you watched the game as the steelers game was on at the same time, but most of the stuff going on today had to do with the bad weather and the play calling not adjusting to that weather.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1285534456' post='923052']
No.

Doubt you watched the game as the steelers game was on at the same time, but most of the stuff going on today had to do with the bad weather and the play calling not adjusting to that weather.
[/quote]

And what are the excuses for the last two games? Sure he looked good on paper against the Pats, but what did he do when the game was actually in question? I think it is time you guys face the fact that you are not going to win with Palmer. The Steelers might trade Batch if the price is right... :)

[quote name='oftt4' timestamp='1285535372' post='923079']
And what are the excuses for the last two games? Sure he looked good on paper against the Pats, but what did he do when the game was actually in question? I think it is time you guys face the fact that you are not going to win with Palmer. The Steelers might trade Batch if the price is right... :)
[/quote]

The Ravens and Pats both have pretty good Ds.

Who have you guys faced yet that has a good D? Hell has a average D?

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1285536044' post='923095']
The Ravens and Pats both have pretty good Ds.

Who have you guys faced yet that has a good D? Hell has a average D?
[/quote]

First of all, the Pats D sucks. I dont even understand how you could argue otherwise. 26th in yards, 25th in points. And that was before they played the Bills. They just gave up 30 points and 374 yards to frickin Buffalo. Carolina, 18th in yards,24th in points. The Ravens are good.

Second, the Tennesee defense is legit. Going into this week...11th in points, 1st in yards. Atlanta, 16th in yards 4th in points. Tampa...3rd in points, 15th in yards.

The Bengals have played much worse D's than the Steelers have. If anything, your argument just proves my point.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1285537901' post='923122']
yeah and your D is carrying you.

31nd ranked offense
[/quote]

Never said it wasnt.

However, that doesnt change the fact that Palmer looks like poop. Pittsburghs O may be horrendous without Ben, but both Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch have higher passer ratings than Palmer does.

Archived