Ok, I know Danny needed to be booed but a

Guest CrazyIrishman5

Guest CrazyIrishman5
I agree with every one that Graves needed to be booed but the racist remark makes me sick!!!! People like that need to be ban from GAB! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/14.gif[/img]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='May 24 2005, 08:34 PM'][b]What was said ?[/b]
[right][post="95772"][/post][/right][/quote]

I believe he was told to go back to "nam" :(

one of his parents are vietnamese

Some fans are sick in the head

My son went to tonights game with a friend

hopefully he doesn't have to endure too many obnoxious fans. The last game I went to I just scratched my head at some of the behavior from the fans!

This begs the question: Is it JUST alcohol? Or fans simply tired of losing? Remember that most/many Reds fans are also Bengals fans....how much boorish behavior can you recall from about 1993-2001 at bengal's games? IMHO, it is a parallel, or a combination of the two...but there's no call for racist remarks, EVER!
If I had been there, Graves would have flipped ME off because I would have insulted his ass all the way to the dugout....but it would have been intelligently-framed, with race being (as it should be) a complete non-issue...

Guest RudiRudiRudi
i dont really think saying go back to nam is a racist remark, if someone in another country told me to go back to america i wouldnt be offended, maybe if they called him a gook or something.....

Guest CrazyIrishman5
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='May 24 2005, 04:34 PM'][b]What was said ?[/b]
[right][post="95772"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Dayton Daily News
[quote]After giving up five runs in the ninth inning Sunday, when Graves reached the dugout a fan leaned in and said, ?Go back to Vietnam, you (racial slur and swear words).? Graves reacted with curse words of his own and flipped off the fan.[/quote]
Like I said this guy should be ban but he won't because he was sitting in the Diamond Club seats($200 seats)! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/14.gif[/img]
[quote]After giving up five ninth-inning runs in a 9-2 loss to the Indians on Sunday, Graves was booed heartily. He was then seen making an obscene gesture to a fan in the Diamond Club seats from the Reds' dugout.[/quote]

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' date='May 25 2005, 03:25 AM']Dayton Daily News

Like I said this guy should be ban but he won't because he was sitting in the Diamond Club seats($200 seats)!  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/14.gif[/img]
[right][post="96051"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

That's pretty fucked up that they cut Graves for reacting the way he did, just because he's a pro athlete doesn't mean he should subjecting to racist, degrading remarks. If someone said something like that to me they would be lucky if all I did was give him the finger, that fan should be ban if they cut Graves. The Reds make me sick...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 25 2005, 03:20 PM']That's pretty fucked up that they cut Graves for reacting the way he did, just because he's a pro athlete doesn't mean he should subjecting to racist, degrading remarks.  If someone said something like that to me they would be lucky if all I did was give him the finger, that fan should be ban if they cut Graves.  The Reds make me sick...
[right][post="96227"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i don't think that is why they cut him... he sucked for a while now... this was just the straw that broke the camels back...

your right though, he shouldn't have been exposed to racism, but i'm sure that guys have to deal w/ that everyday...

this the reason he is gone: "[b]After giving up five ninth-inning runs[/b] in a 9-2 loss to the Indians on Sunday, Graves was booed heartily. He was then seen making an obscene gesture to a fan in the Diamond Club seats from the Reds' dugout."

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='bengalrick' date='May 25 2005, 03:54 PM']i don't think that is why they cut him... he sucked for a while now... this was just the straw that broke the camels back...

your right though, he shouldn't have been exposed to racism, but i'm sure that guys have to deal w/ that everyday...

this the reason he is gone: "[b]After giving up five ninth-inning runs[/b] in a 9-2 loss to the Indians on Sunday, Graves was booed heartily. He was then seen making an obscene gesture to a fan in the Diamond Club seats from the Reds' dugout."
[right][post="96245"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

True Graves has been stinking up the field lately but every pro player struggles, he's the ALL-TIME saves leader for the Reds, he deserved better than that. If they cut every pitcher who blew a save or had a few bad outings the Reds wouldn't have a pitching staff. The guy was a Red for 9 years, to cut him like that shows they have no class.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 25 2005, 06:27 PM']True Graves has been stinking up the field lately but every pro player struggles, he's the ALL-TIME saves leader for the Reds, he deserved better than that.  If they cut every pitcher who blew a save or had a few bad outings the Reds wouldn't have a pitching staff.  The guy was a Red for 9 years, to cut him like that shows they have no class.
[right][post="96304"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Danny Graves stunk for more than just 1 game.
He has sucked for the past couple of years.
On top of that he was always bashing the fans
and acting like "only drunken idiots" are allowed to boo
his pathetic performances.

I`d much rather they sent him packing and paid him to do so,
rather than let him bad mouth people who are actually spending
(and wasting) TIME & MONEY on this team...
The Reds spent alot of money to improve this club.
And some of that was addition by subtraction like Jimenez and Graves.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 25 2005, 07:27 PM']True Graves has been stinking up the field lately but every pro player struggles, he's the ALL-TIME saves leader for the Reds, he deserved better than that.  If they cut every pitcher who blew a save or had a few bad outings the Reds wouldn't have a pitching staff.  The guy was a Red for 9 years, to cut him like that shows they have no class.

\
He didnt deserve anything. He gets paid $6million dollars a year. They are not in the business oif making sappy hallmark cards, and competitions to who gives who the best hugs. They are supposed to play the game as best as they can, and are expected to win games. When they can no longer do that, they are cut. Its as simple as that. The ONLY time any athlete "deserves" special treatment is one who chooses to stay on a team for a significant amount less, just to help the team win. Graves was way overpaid. He doesnt deserve shit. Its too bad though, that he was cut, he was very good in the community and was productive for a couple of years, but they dont owe him a damn thing other than his paycheck. They owe me because they took my tax money to build a new stadium, were supposed to field a championship team by 2003, and instead have completely blown. [b]I[/b] am the one who deserves better.

[quote name='big_dish' date='May 25 2005, 11:13 PM']\
He didnt deserve anything. He gets paid $6million dollars a year. They are not in the business oif making sappy hallmark cards, and competitions to who gives who the best hugs. They are supposed to play the game as best as they can, and are expected to win games. When they can no longer do that, they are cut. Its as simple as that. The ONLY time any athlete "deserves" special treatment is one who chooses to stay on a team for a significant amount less, just to help the team win. Graves was way overpaid. He doesnt deserve shit. Its too bad though, that he was cut, he was very good in the community and was productive for a couple of years, but they dont owe him a damn thing other than his paycheck. They owe me because they took my tax money to build a new stadium, were supposed to field a championship team by 2003, and instead have completely blown. [b]I[/b] am the one who deserves better.
[right][post="96396"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

OH NO YOU DIDNT BRING UP HUG COMPETITIONS!!!!

BRING IT ON............

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/6.gif[/img]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 25 2005, 07:27 PM']True Graves has been stinking up the field lately but every pro player struggles, he's the ALL-TIME saves leader for the Reds, he deserved better than that.  If they cut every pitcher who blew a save or had a few bad outings the Reds wouldn't have a pitching staff.  The guy was a Red for 9 years, to cut him like that shows they have no class.

its true he used to be one of our best pitchers, but we are about the present and the future and graves is only the past...

2 blown saves + 7.36 ERA + blazing 85 mph fastball + giving fans the finger + 6 million/year salary = get the fuck out of town, gravey...

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='GoBengals' date='May 26 2005, 11:24 AM']OH NO YOU DIDNT BRING UP HUG COMPETITIONS!!!!
BRING IT ON............
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/6.gif[/img]
[right][post="96523"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

A pro athelete salary means nothing when it comes to being humilated and insulted by asshole fans...the pro's get paid to play, not to subjected to racist remarks by fans, simple as that, say what you will about his performance on the field, but to personally insult a player is crossing the line, imo....If you fuck up at your job, does a client deserve the right to make racist remarks and insult you personally no....I know it happens all the time and that's the point, Graves finally reacted...He's human...if you didn't know..

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 25 2005, 06:27 PM']True Graves has been stinking up the field lately but every pro player struggles, [b]he's the ALL-TIME saves leader for the Reds, he deserved better than that[/b].  If they cut every pitcher who blew a save or had a few bad outings the Reds wouldn't have a pitching staff.  The guy was a Red for 9 years, to cut him like that shows they have no class.
This means little if you consider that the "closer"role as we know it is a very modern concept in MLB...plus, his ERA was just gawdawful...

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 26 2005, 08:40 PM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

A pro athelete salary means nothing when it comes to being humilated and insulted by asshole fans...the pro's get paid to play, not to subjected to racist remarks by fans, simple as that, say what you will about his performance on the field, but to personally insult a player is crossing the line, imo....If you fuck up at your job, does a client deserve the right to make racist remarks and insult you personally no....I know it happens all the time and that's the point, Graves finally reacted...He's human...if you didn't know..
[right][post="96728"][/post][/right][/quote]
Society in general has this thing now if you pay for something like a service,food,auto,or purchase something that it gives you the right to treat the person like they are dirt. I get that all the time and I know of few here that work with the public knows what I'm talking about. <_<

You mean like buying a carwash?
I get this guy, he comes into the carwash every so often in this ridiculous white Dodge Ram with yellow racing stripes, SO demanding, always wanting free shit, a discount, etc...man, old people are a pain in the ass...I feel your pain Stray...man I hate that guy... :P

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 26 2005, 09:32 PM']You mean like buying a carwash?
I get this guy, he comes into the carwash every so often in this ridiculous white Dodge Ram with yellow racing stripes, SO demanding, always wanting free shit, a discount, etc...man, old people are a pain in the ass...I feel your pain Stray...man I hate that guy... :P
[right][post="96749"][/post][/right][/quote]
That's funny as hell Bung. What you mean old! <_<

A caveat:
Man, that coupon I gave you today...those things are going to be the death of a stodgy old guy yet! We sent out 45,000 mailers to folks in the immediate area around the carwash and there are 6 coupons...1 half-off "Works" (like I gave you...), 2 $4 off "works" and 3 free gift coupons with the purchase of a regularly-priced wash. I get these old people who won't/can't read and/or understand the fine print at the bottom of the coupons that state that none of them can be used in conjunction with each other...so they come in expecting not only to pay $7 for a $14 wash, they want to cash in ALL THREE free gift coupons all in one visit! (The gifts aren't all that special, a chamois sponge, a microfiber towel, a glass cleaning towel...)...
When I calmly explain to them how it's all supposed to work, some of them have the gall to get all ballistic on me because they can't get something for free in addition to a discount! And most of them are WWII Vets...Greatest Generation, indeed...I had one old guy throw his coupons in my face as he nearly ran me over trying to get out of the wash queue, and yelled some unintelligible shit about false advertising and concluded that I should "shove them up my ass"!!! Some people.... :blink:

[quote name='STRAYCAT' date='May 26 2005, 08:53 PM']Funny I was trying to get something done today at lunch and this young dude was in a rush trying to get me out of where I was because he was more worried about eating his lunch. Us older people suck it up and git er done! :P
[right][post="96761"][/post][/right][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ohh, I sucked it up allright...I got up at 3:45 am (my time in SE Indiana--fucking Central) so I could open the place at 6:00 am Cincy time...the owner Bill was supposed to be there to help me at 8:00...he showed up at 9:30, and went into the office...I was alone and washed 100 cars by myself by noon, when Tom the other manager came in...it took me 4 hours to eat that lunch, btw...I started at 11:00 and finished the last bite at 3:00 pm...there are no lunchbreaks...you take a bite, wash some cars, take a bite...

Archived