Ok, I know Danny needed to be booed but a

Guest CrazyIrishman5

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 26 2005, 10:58 PM']A caveat:
Man, that coupon I gave you today...those things are going to be the death of a stodgy old guy yet!  We sent out 45,000 mailers to folks in the immediate area around the carwash and there are 6 coupons...1 half-off "Works" (like I gave you...), 2 $4 off "works" and 3 free gift coupons with the purchase of a regularly-priced wash.  I get these old people who won't/can't read and/or understand the fine print at the bottom of the coupons that state that none of them can be used in conjunction with each other...so they come in expecting not only to pay $7 for a $14 wash, they want to cash in ALL THREE free gift coupons all in one visit! (The gifts aren't all that special, a chamois sponge, a microfiber towel, a glass cleaning towel...)...
When I calmly explain to them how it's all supposed to work, some of them have the gall to get all ballistic on me because they can't get something for free in addition to a discount!  And most of them are WWII Vets...Greatest Generation, indeed...I had one old guy throw his coupons in my face as he nearly ran me over trying to get out of the wash queue, and yelled some unintelligible shit about false advertising and concluded that I should "shove them up my ass"!!!  Some people.... :blink:
[right][post="96765"][/post][/right][/quote]
I worked in retail for four years..... nuff said <_<
Feel your pain man, people are bitches....... ESPECIALLY around Christmas.
I have almost thrown down with many a housewife/WWII vet over an ad in the paper that they blatently misread..... good times

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 26 2005, 09:58 PM']A caveat:
Man, that coupon I gave you today...those things are going to be the death of a stodgy old guy yet!  We sent out 45,000 mailers to folks in the immediate area around the carwash and there are 6 coupons...1 half-off "Works" (like I gave you...), 2 $4 off "works" and 3 free gift coupons with the purchase of a regularly-priced wash.  I get these old people who won't/can't read and/or understand the fine print at the bottom of the coupons that state that none of them can be used in conjunction with each other...so they come in expecting not only to pay $7 for a $14 wash, they want to cash in ALL THREE free gift coupons all in one visit! (The gifts aren't all that special, a chamois sponge, a microfiber towel, a glass cleaning towel...)...
When I calmly explain to them how it's all supposed to work, some of them have the gall to get all ballistic on me because they can't get something for free in addition to a discount!  And most of them are WWII Vets...Greatest Generation, indeed...I had one old guy throw his coupons in my face as he nearly ran me over trying to get out of the wash queue, and yelled some unintelligible shit about false advertising and concluded that I should "shove them up my ass"!!!  Some people.... :blink:
[right][post="96765"][/post][/right][/quote]
I know. We have people bring in coupons from other dealers for free oil changes,or heavy discounts. The think we are all the same outfit and we just put what ever name up there. I would like to try and go to the grocery store and say hey I want to you to take off more but I forgot my coupon. :wacko:

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 26 2005, 10:01 PM'] :lol:   :lol:   :lol:
Ohh, I sucked it up allright...I got up at 3:45 am (my time in SE Indiana--fucking Central) so I could open the place at 6:00 am Cincy time...the owner Bill was supposed to be there to help me at 8:00...he showed up at 9:30, and went into the office...I was alone and washed 100 cars by myself by noon, when Tom the other manager came in...it took me 4 hours to eat that lunch, btw...I started at 11:00 and finished the last bite at 3:00 pm...there are no lunchbreaks...you take a bite, wash some cars, take a bite...
[right][post="96767"][/post][/right][/quote]
Shit. Jenny Craig has nothing on you then. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[quote name='STRAYCAT' date='May 26 2005, 09:05 PM']I know. We have people bring in coupons from other dealers for free oil changes,or heavy discounts. The think we are all the same outfit and we just put what ever name up there. I would like to try and go to the grocery store and say hey I want to you to take off more but I forgot my coupon.  :wacko:
[right][post="96770"][/post][/right][/quote]
"What? I have a Ford free oil change coupon and your Chevy dealership won't honor it? What is the world coming to? What's wrong with you people? It's a conspiracy! You're trying to take advantage of poor old folks like me!"
:crazy:

[quote name='STRAYCAT' date='May 26 2005, 09:07 PM']Shit. Jenny Craig has nothing on you then. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]
[right][post="96772"][/post][/right][/quote]
Yuh, but despite working six 10-hour shifts per week and being gone from home 12 hours a day if you figure in the commute (not to mention working a half-hour late here and there), and barely eating, somehow the decade-old beergut just won't shrivel away...I guess the 50k and bennies is worth it... <_<

I guess I shouldn't complain...I eat on rainy days... :lol:

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 26 2005, 10:08 PM']"What?  I have a Ford free oil change coupon and your Chevy dealership won't honor it?  What is the world coming to?  What's wrong with you people?  It's a conspiracy!  You're trying to take advantage of poor old folks like me!"
:crazy:
[right][post="96773"][/post][/right][/quote]
How much? we do work on other stuff to some degree. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 26 2005, 10:14 PM']Just wondering...if you did, you should have received some of the free stuff we've been mailing out...
[right][post="96781"][/post][/right][/quote]
No thats ok I don't go after free stuff or ask for it. My truck did come out pretty clean though,I normally wash by hand but like i said i'm in the moving the parents thing so I will be busy till the end of July. Hell I haven't even done anything with my boat yet which is pissing me off. <_<

My opinion of our carwash is that it is a little expensive (but it has to be, since they run HUGE operating costs, not the least of which is my labor!) but when you factor in the convenience, quickness and quality of the result, it's arguably the best wash you're going to get from a machine barring spending 3 hours doing it yourself on a Sunday afternoon...thank God we don't do interiors... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 26 2005, 10:21 PM']My opinion of our carwash is that it is a little expensive (but it has to be, since they run HUGE operating costs, not the least of which is my labor!) but when you factor in the convenience, quickness and quality of the result, it's arguably the best wash you're going to get from a machine barring spending 3 hours doing it yourself on a Sunday afternoon...thank God we don't do interiors... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img]
[right][post="96787"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
My first job was at a full service one back in 79. Plastic brushes knocking off trim
off the pimp rides,ahhh the good old day's. And they were $4.95 back then. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 26 2005, 10:37 PM']I posed a question earlier, no takers...
Our gas bill is $15,000 per month... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img]
[right][post="96795"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img] Wow!

[quote name='STRAYCAT' date='May 26 2005, 09:25 PM']My first job was at a full service one back in 79. Plastic brushes knocking off trim
off the pimp rides,ahhh the good old day's. And they were $4.95 back then.  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img]
[right][post="96790"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Good old plastic brushes, hot wax applications, towel boys...the good old days...if those washes existed nowadays, the damage claims, fraudulent or otherwise would put them out of business...

[quote name='STRAYCAT' date='May 26 2005, 09:38 PM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img]   Wow!
[right][post="96796"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I know...craziness...but the guy that owns the place is a multi millionare who's Dad is almost a billionare, so...I don't feel sorry for his operating expenses, as long as my checks don't bounce...

Smoov, I wasnt excusing the racist comment at all, there is absolutly no reason for that to happen. I would also not make an excuse for Graves. He has to be a professional. Its too bad that kind of thing happens, but its life, too. I bartend downtown. I get racist remarks thrown at me several times a week. I dont react negatively though, I usually just ignore them. While at work, I am a professional. If it happened on the street, it would be a whole other story.

That fan was as ignorant as alot of people I come across, of every race.

Its also funny how it is so OK for white racist comments to be said, but completely unacceptable for even the slightest nudge of a comment toward another race to even be thought.

:wacko:

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 26 2005, 08:40 PM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

A pro athelete salary means nothing when it comes to being humilated and insulted by asshole fans...the pro's get paid to play, not to subjected to racist remarks by fans, simple as that, say what you will about his performance on the field, but to personally insult a player is crossing the line, imo....If you fuck up at your job, does a client deserve the right to make racist remarks and insult you personally no....I know it happens all the time and that's the point, Graves finally reacted...He's human...if you didn't know..
[right][post="96728"][/post][/right][/quote]

Guest BengalsOwn
Speaking of Graves, his last words as he left the Reds' clubhouse Monday were, "I was an All-Star last year, and less than a year later I don't have a job and I'm shown the door."

David Weathers, who stepped into Graves' closer role Monday and pitched a 1-2-3 ninth, said Graves never left his mind.

Like most players, he believes Graves was let go because of the intense booing from fans.

"If a player like Danny Graves can handle boos, front offices should be able to handle it and not panic," Weathers said. The Chicago Cubs and Florida Marlins already have expressed interest in Graves.

Danny could handle the boos?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='May 27 2005, 07:23 PM']Speaking of Graves, his last words as he left the Reds' clubhouse Monday were, "I was an All-Star last year, and less than a year later I don't have a job and I'm shown the door."

David Weathers, who stepped into Graves' closer role Monday and pitched a 1-2-3 ninth, said Graves never left his mind.

Like most players, he believes Graves was let go because of the intense booing from fans.

"If a player like Danny Graves can handle boos, front offices should be able to handle it and not panic," Weathers said. The Chicago Cubs and Florida Marlins already have expressed interest in Graves.

Danny could handle the boos?
[right][post="97053"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
If handling means whining about the booing in the press, and flipping off fans, than yeah I've never seen a player better at it.

Archived