FUCK PHILLY

JBandJoeyV

Sorry but yes I have been to Philly and have a friend from Philly that told me not to wear my Reds jersey back when they were still playing at the vet and we went to a game, this is a Phillies fan telling me not to wear it for my own saftey.

Oh and I know most teams have asshole fans, but do most teams fans throw batteries at former players?

I agree the Phillies remind me of the Reds, but thats where the comparison stops, a lot of these people are also eagles fans, and that is the only stadium that has a jail in it for a reason. (for cripes sake they booed santa clause)

That jail is long gone. That was at the vet. Just an FYI... Sat next to a group of Reds fans Wednesday night and they were wearing their stuff and having a good time. They took a little abuse but it was all on the fun side and they were laughing themselves. Every stadium has their issues. I traveled to many i my life and they all have a bunch of asses somewhere. That doesn't speak for the whole fanbase though.

To be quite honest with you, I was rather taken aback the last time I was in Cincy for the Bengals-Steelers playoff game. It felt much like an Eagles game. Obviously it was against our hated rival, but I found it no different then being at the Linc. Now it wasn't always like that. I remember Riverfront and the early days of PBS being as docile as a library. Other fans would come in and bust BENGAL fans balls in their own stadium. Maybe winning made a change or it's a different generation of fan, but there definitely been more of a change to the rowdy side.

[quote name='cincybengalz' timestamp='1286553885' post='928035']
To be quite honest with you, I was rather taken aback the last time I was in Cincy for the Bengals-Steelers playoff game. It felt much like an Eagles game. Obviously it was against our hated rival, but I found it no different then being at the Linc. Now it wasn't always like that. I remember Riverfront and the early days of PBS being as docile as a library. Other fans would come in and bust BENGAL fans balls in their own stadium. Maybe winning made a change or it's a different generation of fan, but there definitely been more of a change to the rowdy side.
[/quote]

Dude, the Bengals steelers game has no bearing on how the bengals fans act in general.
Now im not saying the bengals fans are perfect ive seen plenty of assholes at bengals games.

BUT, in that game they took out Carsons knee AND all the steelers fans and players were cheering
it. That throws out any sportsmanship and good attitude. I was at the game and I completely
understand certain fans acting the way they did after that display of trash that the steelers
fans showed.

But I go to every home game, and that is not nearly close to indicative of how the bengals
fans act most games for the most part.

[quote name='cincybengalz' timestamp='1286561385' post='928065']
Guess you chimed in without reading earlier posts. You are mistaken. The court was in the Vet.. not the Linc.
[/quote]

Meh regardless... I just read an article on it.. And apparently they felt the court was a black eye and didn't move it to the new stadium... Instead they massively beefed up security to try and curtail the unruliness which apparently has helped.

My point remains... There was a reason for the court and jail in the old stadium... And it's not because the eagles fans are an orderly fun loving bunch...

Philadelphia has a reputation for a reason.. Not that this applies to EVERYONE in the city, nor does it mean that other cities don't have their moments.

And there are a lot of hillbillies in the Cincinnati area. Just because I don't like hearing it doesn't mean it isn't true.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1286554087' post='928037']
Dude, the Bengals steelers game has no bearing on how the bengals fans act in general.
Now im not saying the bengals fans are perfect ive seen plenty of assholes at bengals games.

BUT, in that game they took out Carsons knee AND all the steelers fans and players were cheering
it. That throws out any sportsmanship and good attitude. I was at the game and I completely
understand certain fans acting the way they did after that display of trash that the steelers
fans showed.

But I go to every home game, and that is not nearly close to indicative of how the bengals
fans act most games for the most part.
[/quote]

You are correct about that... but I wasn't referring to the Pittsburgh trash post-Carson destruction. They deserved anything that was coming to them and I almost made one eat a pool stick at Willies after the game.

I'm just talking about fan demeanor in general. Drunken fools who get obliterated and do stupid shit during games are rampant everywhere nowadays. I just will never understand the point in paying loads of money to watch a game as fan but not be able to remember because you are a drunken asshole. It happens everywhere.

[quote name='cincybengalz' timestamp='1286591479' post='928235']
Oh yeah.. and more importantly... Fuck that fraud Scott Rolen. Can't believe you guys call that piece of shit a leader. Dump that waste of space and you'll be better for it.
[/quote]

Get the fuck outta here... Rolen has been a big part of our success this year... And he [i]has[/i] been a leader. It would probably show more tact if you didn't post anything here for a while...

It's taking a lot of restraint right now for me not to take out some frustration on you and vent... I know it would serve no purpose and you don't deserve it, so I won't.

But that doesn't mean I don't feel like it.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1286621851' post='928260']
Get the fuck outta here... Rolen has been a big part of our success this year... And he [i]has[/i] been a leader. It would probably show more tact if you didn't post anything here for a while...

It's taking a lot of restraint right now for me not to take out some frustration on you and vent... I know it would serve no purpose and you don't deserve it, so I won't.

But that doesn't mean I don't feel like it.
[/quote]
Love rolen but the dude has hit a wall this year...unfortunate because he was so big for us this year. But his hitting or lack there of and fielding hasn't been great recently in the end of the year or playoffs.

but without him we aren't here today.

[quote name='cincybengalz' timestamp='1286591479' post='928235']
Oh yeah.. and more importantly... Fuck that fraud Scott Rolen. Can't believe you guys call that piece of shit a leader. Dump that waste of space and you'll be better for it.
[/quote]

I'm not sure anyone associated with Philadelphia (or the whole state of Pennsylvania for that matter) should be calling anyone a piece of shit without looking in the mirror first.

I understand. I'm going to stay on the bengals side talking football. I've worn out my welcome. It's cool.

I'm going to ignore bengals1181's comments before I make it personal as he has.

To make it an analogy that bengals fans would understand... Scott is the Corey Dillon of Philadelphia. He wined his way out for his own personal reasons and put the team in a bad spot. So maybe you can understand my disdain.

But in the end. I meant no harm to you guys. Good luck the rest of the playoffs. See you on the bengals side.

[quote name='cincybengalz' timestamp='1286659568' post='928350']
I understand. I'm going to stay on the bengals side talking football. I've worn out my welcome. It's cool.

To make it an analogy that bengals fans would understand... Scott is the Corey Dillon of Philadelphia. He wined his way out for his own personal reasons and put the team in a bad spot. So maybe you can understand my disdain.

But in the end. I meant no harm to you guys. Good luck the rest of the playoffs. See you on the bengals side.
[/quote]

You just have to understand how it stings to finally make the playoffs after 15 fucking years and then completely shit the bed.. The team that showed up for these playoffs no where even resembles the one I watched all year.

I totally get it. I was in the stands the last time a cincy team broke their 15 year playoff drought only to break all our hearts. Well kimo did... But that's beside the point.

The phillies broke a 14 year drought back in 2007 only to get swept by the Rockies in the 1st round. The reds are a good team on the verge of being great. If they don't win this year, they will be a huge threat to win it all next year ala the 2008 phils.

[quote name='cincybengalz' timestamp='1286659568' post='928350']

[/quote]

damn, you call that personal? Toughen up.

And for what it's worth, you wore out your welcome sometime around Tuesday.

• 2 months later...
FUCK PHILLY x2

They are now the Miami Heat of the MLB or the new aged NYY.

Starting rotation includes 2 CY young winners, a world series MVP, and Roy Oswalt.

Lineup still has 3 MVP players in Utley, Rollins, and Howard.

Fuck we got our work cut out for us. Need at least 2 or 3 of the following guys to turn into top of the line starters to be able to compete (Chapman, Cueto, Volquez, Bailey, Wood, Leake). We have plenty of options, hopefully they take the next big step this year and lead us to the playoffs and give us a shot against the Phils.

Archived