Reds NLDS Game Thread!

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='CTA513' timestamp='1286406963' post='927523']
6 outs left and the Reds still don't have a hit.
[/quote]

Hopefully they are saving them all up for game 2.

We have had plenty of games like this where our bats go dead only to wake up big time the next couple games. Hopefully that is the case.

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1286408790' post='927542']
It was a very generous strike zone for halladay all night. For volquez not so much
[/quote]
You are not kidding.

May have not made a difference..but still I saw pitches that Halladay threw that Volquez could not get..multiple times. Fuck Philly. Now everyone is going to hang off dudes nuts..

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1286408820' post='927544']
RIGHT DOWN THE HEART OF THE PLATE. SWING THE FUCKING BAT
[/quote]

I don't get why the Reds hitters didn't pick up on that. Halladay only deviated from that formula a couple times. Unreal. Get the fucking bat off your shoulder! Be aggressive! Instead, we make playoff history in a bad way. Ugh.

I hope Arroyo brings his A-game tomorrow. All the media heads have been saying about this series is "three-headed pitching monster, nobody in baseball has that, blah, blah, blah". I'd love for us to settle down and crush it the next two games.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1286409338' post='927555']
he probably doesn't make it, but why the hell isn't phillips sliding into first on that final at-bat? weak.
[/quote]
on a play like that where a catcher has to make the throw down the line you are supposed to run on the inside of the line so the catcher has to throw the ball around you...phillips did what he shoulda.

lets get them game 2. Come on bronson!

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1286409612' post='927561']
on a play like that where a catcher has to make the throw down the line you are supposed to run on the inside of the line so the catcher has to throw the ball around you...phillips did what he shoulda.

lets get them game 2. Come on bronson!
[/quote]

when you're down to the last out, you go all out. It was close enough that he should have slid.

Archived